Potential Heartsache

CCjag

Point I was making was that money has been spent. Hopefully the team were first priority.

But I agree that if there is any doubt about the state of the main stand it needs attention. i do not subscribe to the opinion that away fans should take what they get. It's like our house - the bogs should at least have paper and soap for visitors.

By that you carbolic soap and that tracing paper like stuff they had in school when I were a lad

The basics are getting a good team on the park.

The basics are satisfying the contracts and agreements you have made with your customers

ST's on time, and honouring the agreement with existing ST holders that by renewing on time gaurantees your existing seat

Centenary draw on time as per what the customer has paid

TAG complete the draw within the timescale you have stated and follow through with the promise to the fans that this is the way forward

Having the catering sell food that is fit for consumtion and that the catering company is within its legal obligations regarding cleanliness and hygiene etc

Communicating clearly and timely and not changing your stance

Is this too much to ask for, this is all easier to do than get a successful team on the park

That's half the basics anyway, no use having a decent team if there's nobody there to watch them.

How is there no one there to watch them ? People got vouchers to get in. The fans turn up to watch a winning team. If we had all these other things right, but a crap team, he fans wouldnae be there

The basics are satisfying the contracts and agreements you have made with your customers

ST's on time, and honouring the agreement with existing ST holders that by renewing on time gaurantees your existing seat

Centenary draw on time as per what the customer has paid

TAG complete the draw within the timescale you have stated and follow through with the promise to the fans that this is the way forward

Having the catering sell food that is fit for consumtion and that the catering company is within its legal obligations regarding cleanliness and hygiene etc

Communicating clearly and timely and not changing your stance

Is this too much to ask for, this is all easier to do than get a successful team on the park

If you are just going to repeat the same stuff all the time, so will I.

How is there no one there to watch them ? People got vouchers to get in. The fans turn up to watch a winning team. If we had all these other things right, but a crap team, he fans wouldnae be there

I'm not just talking about the other night, if a club continues to treat its supporters/customers shoddily then eventually no one will care enough to go.

The danger for us will be if the team doesn't perform on the park (a concept not unrelated to Thistle) and the same grumbles keep happening with the admin/marketing//good vibes departments, then it'll all turn to merde.

If you are just going to repeat the same stuff all the time, so will I.

Just look to Rangers, had it right on the park, fans never cared about the shambles off it as all that was important was a good team on the park.

It was just board bashing by the press, the teams great, they are in cup final, look at the football they are playing............... now they are dead

I don't think that's really a fair comparison Norge. And I intrinsically dislike anything that compares Thistle fans to Rangers fans. However I agree with your point, the BoD could and should do better - and I hope they do in the near future. But in the meantime, unless anything significant goes wrong, I'll continue to focus positivity towards the players on the pitch rather than negativity towards the men in the (new, apparently) directors box.

Getting things right on the park is clearly the most important thing, so here's hoping for another good performance on Friday with a great amtosphere again.

However things like being half way through August and the previous months CF draw still not being drawn is irritating. You pay up to £240 a year for something the club previously/continuously promotes heavily yet making the draw seems to be an after thought. OK the club admin staff have probably had loads to attend to with us now being in the SPL but it would take just 5 mins for someone to post a message on the club website advising of the delay, apologising, and confirming a date when the draw will be made. It's hardly rocket science, 5 mins to keep your customers informed. They probably spend 5 mins replying to each email enquiring about when the CF will be made! They did to mine and just said it would be drawn "soon" and apologising.

Winning games is more important than drawing the CF (for me anyway) but for christ's sake little things like this p*ss people off and make it more difficult to sell the CF to others, and when the club really needs more people to sign up to the likes of the CF in the future it will simply be harder. Much harder to drum up new customers than to keeping your exising ones happy, or so it should be.

• Like 3

Of course a good team on the park is the most important thing and funnily enough nobody is criticising the board over the team on the park, the manager, the length of contracts, the youth system, etc. This is all brilliant just now, almost bafflingly so, we are talking about a team who for pretty much all of my life had short contracts, would cut players in May and re-sign them in August, would pick up the scraps other clubs left behind, etc.

We now have a phenomenal team that is still improving, that are largely on long term contracts, etc.

But this doesn't excuse the absolute farse regarding the North Stand for the Celtic game.

Of course a good team on the park is the most important thing and funnily enough nobody is criticising the board over the team on the park, the manager, the length of contracts, the youth system, etc. This is all brilliant just now, almost bafflingly so, we are talking about a team who for pretty much all of my life had short contracts, would cut players in May and re-sign them in August, would pick up the scraps other clubs left behind, etc.

We now have a phenomenal team that is still improving, that are largely on long term contracts, etc.

But this doesn't excuse the absolute farse regarding the North Stand for the Celtic game.

That's part of a point I was making earlier. To me it looks like the Board have at least seen thru something to its conclusion. Fortunately that's the most crucial ie the playing squad.They've also handled the debt side of things well. That in my mind puts them well ahead of Coco & Co. Admittedly the last part wasn't difficult.

Their biggest failing appears to be starting initiatives and not seeing them thru to conclusion. There's maybe a human aspect to that as we're mostly all guilty of that failing. Nice tho' it would be to have guys running the Club that you can relate to we really expect the Board as an entity to be more objective. If not we're heading back to the well meaning amateur palaver. Some on here appear to believe we're back there already and I for one won't argue the point with them.

Funnily enough I remember hearing that exact phrase being used by Allan Cowan during a meet the board night, just after Dick Campbell had been sacked.

He also gave us some other unforgettable soundbites that night such as "Basically, all your season ticket pays for is a light bulb for the floodlights".

Getting things right on the park is clearly the most important thing, so here's hoping for another good performance on Friday with a great amtosphere again.

However things like being half way through August and the previous months CF draw still not being drawn is irritating. You pay up to £240 a year for something the club previously/continuously promotes heavily yet making the draw seems to be an after thought. OK the club admin staff have probably had loads to attend to with us now being in the SPL but it would take just 5 mins for someone to post a message on the club website advising of the delay, apologising, and confirming a date when the draw will be made. It's hardly rocket science, 5 mins to keep your customers informed. They probably spend 5 mins replying to each email enquiring about when the CF will be made! They did to mine and just said it would be drawn "soon" and apologising.

Winning games is more important than drawing the CF (for me anyway) but for christ's sake little things like this p*ss people off and make it more difficult to sell the CF to others, and when the club really needs more people to sign up to the likes of the CF in the future it will simply be harder. Much harder to drum up new customers than to keeping your exising ones happy, or so it should be.

good post.

here's another example and question for Lenziejoker, of lost money to the club.

how many don't join up to the CF because it is so badly run, or don't opt for the highest level, due to it's shambolic running?

how many £240's is the club losing out on (or portions of that) every season?

£240 is almost the cost of a ST. multiply that by whatever number of lost ciustomers to it (and the shortfall of lost income for those who choose not to take the highest contribution option), and tell me, do you think it's not much money, and not really worth getting bothered about?

good post.

how many don't join up to the CF because it is so badly run, or don't opt for the highest level, due to it's shambolic running?

£240 is almost the cost of a ST. multiply that by whatever number of lost ciustomers to it (and the shortfall of lost income for those who choose not to take the highest contribution option), and tell me, do you think it's not much money, and not really worth getting bothered about?

Spot on. I am a silver member of CF so pay £10 per month. I was considering increasing this to £20 (gold member, if you pardon the Austin Powers 007 reference) but given how poorly it is run I wont be now. So there's £120 of lost revenue. When someone sells you a raffle ticket you know when the draw is going to be made - and if you win you don't receive a letter (as Mr Prentice did to me once) saying something along the lines of "congratulations..... but some Thistle fans have been handing back their winnings to the club" !

i wouldnt mind hearts fans in wae us. get a bit of banter n have a laff. we're in maryhill not turkey fs. it'd create a good atmosphere. they could teach us their songs n we teach them ours n basitarddddddise them. i dont think thistle fans wid cause a problem

Edited by The Mighty Quinn

good post.

200 people (yes only 200) is over £40K a year, now as the club are 24 hrs away from being late on 2 draws at the one time, if it was easy to join (Not even easy to find on the official site) and was drawn on time and prizes paid / sent out in a timely manner i am sure we could get that number to 3 or 400

I'm not just talking about the other night, if a club continues to treat its supporters/customers shoddily then eventually no one will care enough to go.

The danger for us will be if the team doesn't perform on the park (a concept not unrelated to Thistle) and the same grumbles keep happening with the admin/marketing//good vibes departments, then it'll all turn to merde.

I guess this is where our opinions differ. I don't really think that the club are deliberately treating the supporters shoddily, I think there was too much to try to do and not enough people with the right knowledge or skills to do it

Are you totally convinced that this is all Thistle's doing. That the police/council/SPFL had no part in forcing this.

It was obviously the boards decision to let the Celtic fans have the NS, but that was after being told that the main stand was no go for them. I believe that away support must be given an allocation. Add to that, that police wont allow away support to be enclosed on 2 sides, the only option is to give Celtic the NS.

If anybody has categorical evidence tha this isn't the case, I would love to see it.

Edited by Lenziejag

Are you totally convinced that this is all Thistle's doing. That the police/council/SPFL had no part in forcing this.

It was obviously the boards decision to let the Celtic fans have the NS, but that was after being told that the main stand was no go for them. I believe that away support must be given an allocation. Add to that, that police wont allow away support to be enclosed on 2 sides, the only option is to give Celtic the NS.

If anybody has categorical evidence tha this isn't the case, I would love to see it.

Can you provide evidence that Away fans can't be enclosed on 2 sides?