Just In (Ptfc - Afc)

The Cup

In the first Goal he has picked up the Aberdeen Forward - ball is cleared he steps forward ,there are still two defenders standing next to the Aberdeen forward ,ball gets chipped backed in- free header for Aberdeen - yes Piccolo lost his man by stepping forward but there was two defenders standing next to the Aberdeen Centre - no attempt to get to the ball ,so we have three defenders round a player but only one is responsible for losing the goal. Second Goal he goes in hard its a penalty its a lose lose position caused by a mishit from another Thistle Player - Third Goal guy was simply too strong for him not sure how many other players would have withstood the Aberdeen forward. Yes the guy had a nightmare first game against strong opposition where the team played badly ,whilst our regular defenders had couple of Seasons to build up there confidence and understanding - does that make him "honking" - no he has good ball skills ,can pass a ball and needs to learn to do the simple things better - I didn't see him lump it I saw him trying to play diagional passes on numerous occasions - we were poor just about everywhere.

dont have anymote "likethis" so :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Having watched the hi lites I'm afraid Gabriel looked very culpable in the loss of all 3 goals. He will know himself he had a very poor game. Don't want to slaughter the guy, but I feel he had not really been seriously tested up until yesterday. His only games being pre season friendliest and League Cup ties against lower league opponents. I hope his confidence is not shattered after yesterday as he is a young man in a foreign country and he will take time to adapt. In time he may prove to be a good signing but if I were to pick the team v Killie next week and Conrad is still injured I would be inclined to play Jordan McMillan at CB rather than Gabriel. Only my tuppence worth for what it is worth.

Anyway onwards we go and lets look forward to beating our old rivals this Saturday.

AJ

Are you planning on going to the Killie game kni? Just out of curiousity how many games have you been too this season?

I presume you mean me not Kni. Not sure where you are going with the question, but in answer I attend all the games I can. Struggle to make as many games as I would like due to other weekend commitments so no I will not be at Killie. Hibs next one for me,

We have started well but I'm realistic enough to know there will be days like yesterday. Just disappointing we contributed to our own downfall. Aberdeen were physically stronger and more streetwise, in working out quickly what they could get away with from the Ref, but the goals we lost were, as Archie said, down to basic errors.

While many were blaming only Gabriel for the first I thought, while at fault, he wasn't the only one, hence the comment about Muirhead losing his man. Others have pointed out there were other players in the box who could have done more. It was a sloppy goal to lose all round.

I would like to see ATS making those overlapping runs again. He has the pace and skill to get into some great positions and could have done yesterday but for some reason chose not to. It was the same against Cowdenbeath, but the opposite against Hearts and Utd. As SOD is overlapping down the right it doesn't feel like an instruction not to, unless it is related to Higgy playing on that side. yesterday however there were times where Aaron making those runs would have given more options for Higgy other than playing the ball back to him. Felt like an opportunity missed. With the players we have getting to the by line for cut backs/low crosses is an important outlet.

Edited by nas

Just watched the highlights on the SPFL website. My opinion for what it's worth is this:

1st goal: 4 defenders round Zola and none of them get in front of him. He doesn't have to jump.

2nd goal: spectacular amount of fan*ying about at the back from Welsh and Piccolo. Comedy kutz style nonsense

3rd goal: piccolo loses the ball and then manages to not push Maginnis wide enough or get a tackle in.

So what I'm saying here is Aberdeen were good enough to take the gifts we offered them. Shockingly crap defending from what has previously been a solid unit. Really disappointed and expecting better next week, which it will be. And just to be clear: not a rant and not pushing a panic button.

I presume you mean me not Kni. Not sure where you are going with the question, but in answer I attend all the games I can. Struggle to make as many games as I would like due to other weekend commitments so no I will not be at Killie. Hibs next one for me,

We have started well but I'm realistic enough to know there will be days like yesterday. Just disappointing we contributed to our own downfall. Aberdeen were physically stronger and more streetwise, in working out quickly what they could get away with from the Ref, but the goals we lost were, as Archie said, down to basic errors.

While many were blaming only Gabriel for the first I thought, while at fault, he wasn't the only one, hence the comment about Muirhead losing his man. Others have pointed out there were other players in the box who could have done more. It was a sloppy goal to lose all round.

I would like to see ATS making those overlapping runs again. He has the pace and skill to get into some great positions and could have done yesterday but for some reason chose not to. It was the same against Cowdenbeath, but the opposite against Hearts and Utd. As SOD is overlapping down the right it doesn't feel like an instruction not to, unless it is related to Higgy playing on that side. yesterday however there were times where Aaron making those runs would have given more options Higgy other than playing the ball back to him. Felt like an opportunity missed. With the players we have getting to the by line for cut backs/low crosses is an important outlet.

No sorry mate I was meaning kni.

Cant understand some of the criticism of Craigen.As Ive stated before I reckon he is the most improved player since last season. Also find it incredible that some folk are suggesting Elliot is the answer up front. To be honest I dont think he should be anywhere near the team.

Most of whats been said is basically a commentary on the game and true to say possibly the worst performance from the team in the post JMAC period but it was a one off, this wont happen again where 9 out of 11 players are off form. Its also true that we were out muscled to an extent but I recognised a different refereeing approach regarding tough play, and thats where we need to become streetwise , I think naieivity is a better description, we aren't sure what the ref will allow , so its clear we need to get stuck in now we're playing with the BIG boys !! Worst man on the park was wee Lawless who better get off his high horse regarding wages and sign up soon before he loses out completely on playing at this level, we were in effect only playing with 10 men because of his ineffectiveness, and punting the ball high to Baird was totally absurd. Zola in the first half was my MOTM he rattled our defence by his presence, won every ball in the air ( and he WAS challenged each time apart from the goal he headed at waist height !!) So to sum up, a poor performance all round and were it not for our best player Foxy , it could and indeed should have been 6-0 !! Wont happen again and am looking forward to us humping Killie in answer to this shocking wake up call !!

Just watched the highlights. Two gigantic Aberdeen forwards simply brushed our guys aside, and out-paced them. Gabriel looked slow and unsure, but would Conrad have made all that much of a difference? Possibly. We had a few half-chances, they should have scored more. Fox: great saves. Let's get over that one as soon as possible!

Having watched the hi lites I'm afraid Gabriel looked very culpable in the loss of all 3 goals. He will know himself he had a very poor game. Don't want to slaughter the guy, but I feel he had not really been seriously tested up until yesterday. His only games being pre season friendliest and League Cup ties against lower league opponents. I hope his confidence is not shattered after yesterday as he is a young man in a foreign country and he will take time to adapt. In time he may prove to be a good signing but if I were to pick the team v Killie next week and Conrad is still injured I would be inclined to play Jordan McMillan at CB rather than Gabriel. Only my tuppence worth for what it is worth.

Anyway onwards we go and lets look forward to beating our old rivals this Saturday.

AJ

Problem is - when was the last time McMillan played.

Worst man on the park was wee Lawless who better get off his high horse regarding wages and sign up soon before he loses out completely on playing at this level, we were in effect only playing with 10 men because of his ineffectiveness

Correct, i couldn't believe he lasted the 90 minutes. True he was doubled up on evey time he got the ball (so were most of our players) but he just lost it constantly. I thought he should have been hooked instead of Craigan or Doolan

Lawless was ineffective as he was completely crowded out but he wasn't the worst player on the park.

Agree with that. We won so many games last season when one player was singled out for extra cover. Just meant others had the extra space. Didn't see other Jags players cash in on the extra attention Lawless was receiving.

At worst Gabriel cost us one point but I really don't believe he was at fault for all three goals. With so many other Jags players having off days I don't think Balatoni (who may have been partially at fault for the loss of our two previous league goals) would have made any difference to the points.

In my view Gabriel's inclusion may have affected our goal difference but nothing else. He'll end up this week's scapegoat but I sense Aberdeen were always going to score at least one goal on Saturday regardless whereas we never looked that likely.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

For those defending Piccolo here's the thoughts of a Morton fan.

Watched the BBC highlights of this online tonight and f**k me, that Mexican defender looked absolutely honking. It takes some effort in a 5 minutes highlights package to be part of what felt like almost every single clip messing up in some way.

Pretty sure at one of the goals you see another Partick defender just give him an evil stare and a " what the f**k is this guy doing on the pitch " hand motions as he lay helpless on the ground. The only person i've seen being fooled by a turn so easily by someone who has the turning circle of a lorry.

For those defending Piccolo here's the thoughts of a Morton fan.

Watched the BBC highlights of this online tonight and f**k me, that Mexican defender looked absolutely honking. It takes some effort in a 5 minutes highlights package to be part of what felt like almost every single clip messing up in some way.

Pretty sure at one of the goals you see another Partick defender just give him an evil stare and a " what the f**k is this guy doing on the pitch " hand motions as he lay helpless on the ground. The only person i've seen being fooled by a turn so easily by someone who has the turning circle of a lorry.

Maybe he's the new "Duke Gekantawa". :D

Edited by Fearchar

Are you planning on going to the Killie game kni? Just out of curiousity how many games have you been too this season?

looks like you won't get an answer.

asked him previously twice i have, as curious to how many games he gets to a season.

no response then either.

remember you must though, he does have his allergies mind.

for one, it seems he is allergic to answering such a question.

i suspect another allergy he has, going by his posts, is an allergy to attending firhill.

or away games too come to think of it.

• Like 2

• Members

looks like you won't get an answer.

asked him previously twice i have, as curious to how many games he gets to a season.

no response then either.

remember you must though, he does have his allergies mind.

for one, it seems he is allergic to answering such a question.

i suspect another allergy he has, going by his posts, is an allergy to attending firhill.

or away games too come to think of it.

I seem to recall that his location wasn't always Firhill. IIRC, he's based down South so not so easy to get to Firhill regularly.

Just watched the highlights on Sky and anyone attempting to suggest Gabriel wasn't badly at fault for all three goals has their head well and truly up their backside. Wanders away from Zola for the first goal, goes to ground and then pulls out for the second and makes an absolute pig's ear of the third.

Edited by Armand2
  • Like 1