Just In From Perth

stillresigned

A great first half saw us again dominating , but again conceding a rather soft goal. Again, as usual we should have been at least 3 or 4 up by the time St Johnstone equalised. Second half a lot more even and at the end of the game I was fairly content with a point. Overall, nothing too obvious to get upset about, thought Osbourne MotM by some distance. Happy enough really, going out so will not bore anyone with my thoughts any further.

• Like 1

we played well first half, Doolan missed a few close headers but I wouldnt say we deserved to be 3 or 4 up by half time, we were knocking the ball about well but our goal came from their defender slipping and apparently breaking his wrist in the process, Dools ran through and rounded the keeper. Dools had a few half chance but didnt seem to connect with the headers. St J's came from nothing really, a shot at the edge of the box through 2 or 3 players which seemed to go under Gallacher, looks like he should have saved it.

2nd half was quite scrappy, don't their keeper had a save to make, Gallacher made a good save from the shite Andy Carroll. St J are just about punting high balls up the park, May was anonymous, as usual Big Muirhead and Balatoni had him in their back pockets. very good team performance against an experienced SPL side.

Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy, Isaac Osbourne was a man machine once again,along with Muirhead and Balatoni, superb from they 3. Doolan and Higgy worked hard, was expecting Elliott to come off for Stevie Lawless but we took Higgy off for Jimmy Craigen who played well when he came on.

All in all a good result after midweek, I really think the introduction of Lawless and possibly Baird aswell runing against their puddin centre backs could have won us the game but I'll take a point up there all day long,

cracking singing from us up the back aswell, and a mention for the stewards and Polis who let us all stand at the back of the stand and they were all having some banter with the fans aswell.

now to beat the Hibees.....

Game should have been over by half time, lost a bad goal mad then struggled in the second half.... Not a great performance

We seem to give up our passing game under pressure .... The ball was in the air a lot

Gallagher was reluctant to come off his line and looked a little shaky but had some good stops in the second half where they had god knows how many corners

We need to get some competition for the full backs neither of whom I thought played well today..... I would think question marks are now over o'donnell at this level

I was surprised Elliott lasted 90mins as he was very ineffective wide right

The middle of the park was too often too far away from Dolan who worked hard

Thought balatoni and muirhead played well

We will need to do better

Game should have been over by half time, lost a bad goal mad then struggled in the second half.... Not a great performance

We seem to give up our passing game under pressure .... The ball was in the air a lot

Gallagher was reluctant to come off his line and looked a little shaky but had some good stops in the second half where they had god knows how many corners

We need to get some competition for the full backs neither of whom I thought played well today..... I would think question marks are now over o'donnell at this level

I was surprised Elliott lasted 90mins as he was very ineffective wide right

The middle of the park was too often too far away from Dolan who worked hard

Thought balatoni and muirhead played well

We will need to do better

Unable to travel to Perth today so grateful for feedback from those that did.

Could you qualify that last statement. We will need to do better or ... ?

Well we could have easily lost today .... They had a great chance just at the end and should

have scored ..... I think if we don't improve

things could get tough

There was certainly points in the game were our lack of individual quality frustrated me but to say we could easily have lost it is just negative, we could also easily have won it so do St Johnstone also need to improve?Too many folk seem to have quickly forgotten

the s**t we have endured for years, this young

team entertain in abundance, sure they could be

better and I am certain many of them will get

better and I am looking forward to see them develop because it will guarantee further entertainment.

If all you want is instant success take your custom elsewhere as you are ready made to follow the auld filth they have a few seats available each Saturday these days!!

• Like 2

we played well first half, Doolan missed a few close headers but I wouldnt say we deserved to be 3 or 4 up by half time, we were knocking the ball about well but our goal came from their defender slipping and apparently breaking his wrist in the process, Dools ran through and rounded the keeper. Dools had a few half chance but didnt seem to connect with the headers. St J's came from nothing really, a shot at the edge of the box through 2 or 3 players which seemed to go under Gallacher, looks like he should have saved it.

2nd half was quite scrappy, don't their keeper had a save to make, Gallacher made a good save from the shite Andy Carroll. St J are just about punting high balls up the park, May was anonymous, as usual Big Muirhead and Balatoni had him in their back pockets. very good team performance against an experienced SPL side.

Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy, Isaac Osbourne was a man machine once again,along with Muirhead and Balatoni, superb from they 3. Doolan and Higgy worked hard, was expecting Elliott to come off for Stevie Lawless but we took Higgy off for Jimmy Craigen who played well when he came on.

All in all a good result after midweek, I really think the introduction of Lawless and possibly Baird aswell runing against their puddin centre backs could have won us the game but I'll take a point up there all day long,

cracking singing from us up the back aswell, and a mention for the stewards and Polis who let us all stand at the back of the stand and they were all having some banter with the fans aswell.

now to beat the Hibees.....

Its all about opinions but from what I viewed Craigen did absolutely nothing when he came on, second to every ball.

I think Craigen has been a really good player and to think a couple of years ago he was with Edinburgh Uni and now the SPL is a testament to the lad and I think he will go from strength to strength but today he contributed nothing imo

Well we could have easily lost today .... They had a great chance just at the end and should have scored ..... I think if we don't improve things could get tough

For what it's worth, here is my opinion.

Had a good start to the season playing good football. Exceeded my expectation and filled me with pride. The Ross County game led me to believe that we could do well this season. However, as we have seen, they are having a relatively poor start. Things are settling down now and we're doing ok. We have a reasonable lead over St Mirren in 10th. I would have been delighted to be 7th as this point before the season kicked off. With each passing game our young players will learn. More importantly, our inexperienced manager will too. Learn about tactics, the players we have and the players we need. Yes, things could get tough, as Thistle fans we are no strangers to the bad times. I know there is a long way to go but if you think we have problems, spare a thought for fans of Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Hearts.

Just watched the game on alba. Could have won, could have lost it at the end.

We are up against bigger, stronger and better players this season, so I think we are holding our own and will get better as the season progresses.

Big Christie has been effective on the wide left in recent weeks, so to start him on the right was a bit of a head scratcher.

Good finish from Doolan, but the turn and nutmeg when he was wide right was brilliant. Excellent bit of skill.

Why did anyone think this season would be anything but tough? This isn't Roy Of The Rovers.

I can't wait until November 5th: if results go according to form this forum will be hilarious.

This!!

Sitting 7th in the league & if we finish 10th come May it'll be a massive success.

Archie/Shaggy & the players are learning every game. There will be players that'll kick on & players that'll be moved on. It's part of the learning process as will be the next 3 games but remember, these are not the teams we need to beat so anything is a bonus!!

Haven't had a chance to read thru all the post match comments so perhaps someone could tell me who's today's whipping boy.

For what it's worth I thought a draw on balance of play was about right but it could easily have been 4-4. With that in mind we should be the happier tonight drawing away from home and all that..

Haven't had a chance to read thru all the post match comments so perhaps someone could tell me who's today's whipping boy.

For what it's worth I thought a draw on balance of play was about right but it could easily have been 4-4. With that in mind we should be the happier tonight drawing away from home and all that..

whipping boy would probably be SOD, he was terrible.

Chick Youngs after match summary was ' the score could have been anything' , a 1-1 was probably fair, Mannus didn't have much to do,Gallacher had 2 decent saves in the 2nd half, he should have saved the shot for their goal!

does anyone know what the fracas was with the Thistle fans up at the back of the stand before kick off?. not the first time its happened this season, it was embarassing to be honest, same thing happened at Ross County aswell, probably too much cake and ice cream pre match!

I said SOD was poor last week and he was poor again today. Poor control, lost the ball too many times. Also thought Bannigan could have done better at times, especially when he gave up on running for passes (twice at least). Doolan played his socks off and was unlucky only to have 1 goal to his name. Other than the goal, I thought Muirhead was immense and would be my MOTM. Midfield looked strong and good to see come chances coming from playing through the middle instead of expecting balls in from the full backs. Good point at a ground that I've rarely seen a positive result from and another point gained over teams below us. Can I just ask one thing from the choir? Please drop the Higginbotham song - it's chronic!!!!

Great result made better by results elsewhere. In line with our season objective this is a very strong start. Can't wait for the Hibs game now, which comes before a trio of especially difficult games. Will be interesting to see how we do over the next few weeks.

I think the one thing that's been established now is that Doolan should be starting every week. Excellent last week against Killie, and very good again today and deserved his goal. If Archibald is still looking for a striker, he'd do well to find someone within our budget more suited to the position than Doolan, provided he continues this form.

I said SOD was poor last week and he was poor again today. Poor control, lost the ball too many times.

What are you looking for from our full backs? For most other weeks SOD has been criticised for his end product and today was no different however he defended very well particularly in the second half when he was targeted and coped very well.

does anyone know what the fracas was with the Thistle fans up at the back of the stand before kick off?. not the first time its happened this season, it was embarassing to be honest, same thing happened at Ross County aswell, probably too much cake and ice cream pre match!

Fracas? Where abouts? I was up the back, behind the goal to the left of the camera and didn't see anything!