Jags V Hibs

The Cup

Why can't we hit a byline once in a while?

And at this level, Doolan and Baird HAVE to score the freebies they've been getting from oppo defences.

And before anyone says it, no goalie is having a blinder against us, they ar just doing what they are paid to do..........unlike our strikers, unfortunately.

Our MoM, Osbourne - he is class.

Sickened.

It might be the rage talking but I can see us finishing 11th. I don't actually care if we go down if that is the football we need to watch.

Get a grip of yourself, it's frustrating to dominate and come away with nothing but if you think the quality is poor your in for a very difficult time as a Jags fan as it will almost certainly go south from here at some point. Do you think honest Hibs fans enjoyed that??

We need to take some of the chances for sure but where is the money coming from to attract quality up top? The best we can hope for is goals throughout the team but we don't even look like scoring at corners as the quality in is poor unless Forbes is on.

On top of this even when we do dominate we can't keep a clean sheet and as a result poor Hibs, Hearts and Killie teams go home with more than they deserve.

Who's to blame for all of this? No one it's where we are and as much as it hurts we need to get used to it.

• Like 1

Few quick thoughts.

Higginbotham needs to be taken off corners. They are absolutely dreadful.

Forbes deserves a shot in the team. I'd probably play him instead of Lawless, who at the moment is not producing the goods. He was good for assisting a goal a game at Firhill last season Forbes, and his delivery could help bring around more goals hopefully.

Balatoni got turned too easily at the goal. Been good for the majority of games, but has made his fair share of costly errors.

Muirhead had his best game since we got promoted. Very commanding. SOD excellent. Was watching some of the after match highlights and everything good came through him.

Doolan shat it on the big chance. At least he's getting the chances though. Hopefully doesn't dent his confidence too much.

• Like 1

Wonder what all the people that continually told us that we didnt need another striker before the window closed, think tonight!! With games against ICT, Celtic and Aberdeen on the upcoming agenda, we are gonna be closer to 11th than top 6 come early November. Other thoughts tonight, Bannigan and Lawless need some bench time and time to give Forbes some game time from the start. Lets hope one of these trialist we have in can score goals or we are gonna be in trouble come the new year. Hibs are the worst team we have played this season which makes tonight even harder to take

• Like 1

We have a young team, inexperienced at this level and ditto the manager. This season is a steep learning curve. Has anybody noticed any change in our playing style in order to make the most of the chances we create? It seem to me we are simply running out week after week hoping that our luck will change.

"Keep playing our way and results will come."

I'm not so sure and I think the players confidence will be affected if we don't try something else in front of goal soon.

Get a grip of yourself, it's frustrating to dominate and come away with nothing but if you think the quality is poor your in for a very difficult time as a Jags fan as it will almost certainly go south from here at some point. Do you think honest Hibs fans enjoyed that??

We need to take some of the chances for sure but where is the money coming from to attract quality up top? The best we can hope for is goals throughout the team but we don't even look like scoring at corners as the quality in is poor unless Forbes is on.

On top of this even when we do dominate we can't keep a clean sheet and as a result poor Hibs, Hearts and Killie teams go home with more than they deserve.

Who's to blame for all of this? No one it's where we are and as much as it hurts we need to get used to it.

Think you made your point pretty comprehensively in your original post big man, but that's some echo!! Think we've got it now, though......

I agree that Forbes has to be given a chance. I like Lawless, he has a lot to offer but on nights like tonight and against Aberdeen, he is just a bit too lightweight and gets pushed off the ball tpo easily. Forbes is assured and composed on the ball with a great delivery. He also has goals in him...

• Like 1

We have a young team, inexperienced at this level and ditto the manager. This season is a steep learning curve. Has anybody noticed any change in our playing style in order to make the most of the chances we create? It seem to me we are simply running out week after week hoping that our luck will change.

"Keep playing our way and results will come."

I'm not so sure and I think the players confidence will be affected if we don't try something else in front of goal soon.

They were saying this on commentary..."it looks as if the strikers have the yips"