January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

Nothing but a rumour of course but on Hibs fans forum suggests we are interested in taking Paul Cairney on loan

http://www.hibs.net/...w-thread/page38

Terry Butcher has played him almost all of his games, although was noticeable he was left out on Saturday. I'd take him though. Whatever happened to the Alan Gow story; was that always a non-starter?

Terry Butcher has played him almost all of his games, although was noticeable he was left out on Saturday. I'd take him though. Whatever happened to the Alan Gow story; was that always a non-starter?

i don't know the ins and outs of the gow story. However I thought it was perhaps partickthedog who posted about it at the time and I've found him to be right about things a lot of the time. I should that if in fact it was another poster then apologies to partickthedog for getting mixed up. I jst remember reading the rumour looking At the poster and thinking he generally gets the signing rumours spot on which I've noted partickthedog has done on many occasions before

Yesterday's Sunday Post had us linked with a move for Ryan Stevenson of Hearts.

Even if we could afford it, I don't see how that could work. They brought forward their league match with St Mirren to this Wednesday so that Stevenson could use up his suspension and free him to play in the League Cup semi on Sunday 2nd February, 2 days after the transfer window closes. Would seem perverse that they would go to those lengths then off-load him, at which point he could sign for anyone as a free agent (assuming no UEFA/SFA hoops to be jumped through).

i don't know the ins and outs of the gow story. However I thought it was perhaps partickthedog who posted about it at the time and I've found him to be right about things a lot of the time. I should that if in fact it was another poster then apologies to partickthedog for getting mixed up. I jst remember reading the rumour looking At the poster and thinking he generally gets the signing rumours spot on which I've noted partickthedog has done on many occasions before

Wasnae me. I have no intelligence in this matter. Indeed some might argue that I have no intelligence at all.

Good stuff, if we could ship Kerr out too that'd be great. If the opportunity is there to bring Kevin Thomson in until the end of the season (maybe a member of our board would need to dip into their pockets though...) we should definitely put all our eggs in one basket for that, I feel. His experience at this level could see us climb out of 11th. No idea how realistic that transfer could be though.

I take that point on board, but as far as I'm aware he's not had an injury since he re-joined Hibs. I think a midfield two of Thomson and Bannigan seeing out the rest of the season would give us a great chance of finishing 10th or above. Probably a moot point anyway as he's probably way outside our budget.

Would you take Thomson before Cairney or Stevenosn if it came down to that?

Cairney has been doing okay at Hibs and like Erskine before him he maybe just needs a return "home" to rediscover his potential

I cant see Stevenson coming to Thistle. If we can get Welshy back up to speed and injury free for the rest of the season, we can rest easy at night. For the first part of the season he was our stand out player and is the leader we so badly miss at the moment. I really like Paul Cairney and i would have him back in a heart beat, i think this is more worth perusing than Stevenson. If Higgy is out Cairney is more or less a straight swap, and he has been playing top flight football for a couple of seasons and will add another more experienced head. Also he was a firhill favourite! Come on home son

I don't see the Stevenson one holding up to scrutiny either. He seems to have been linked with almost everyone in the league over the last while. His agent is no doubt trying to get the best deal for him.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cairney back, but are we really expecting another arrival before the weekend? I'm not sure there will be any more. The departure of Baird does lend a little hope though.

I don't see the Stevenson one holding up to scrutiny either. He seems to have been linked with almost everyone in the league over the last while. His agent is no doubt trying to get the best deal for him.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cairney back, but are we really expecting another arrival before the weekend? I'm not sure there will be any more. The departure of Baird does lend a little hope though.

AA quoted in Evening Times that he is trying to bri.g a midfielder in.

AA quoted in Evening Times that he is trying to bri.g a midfielder in.

I'd like that to be Cairney. Knows the place, can perform at this level, and can cover quite a few positions, including left back at a push. Would be another signing in the Erskine mould....as close to a safe bet as we can afford at our budget. Let's see.