Jags V Motherwell

The Cup

Another big, and tough game. Motherwell look to be in a good run of form so we need to up for it.

Hearts are away to St Mirren and Ross County away to Aberdeen so we have a chance to pull away even more.

I'm away until Sunday night so gutted to miss this as the goals at home have got to arrive soon. We will pump someone someday

I'd take another point tbh. Realise tho' that the longer we go on without a home win can't be good for morale both on and off the pitch.

I feel a little bit differently. Between the Celtic game and Hibs away, I think there was a danger that we would be blown away in this league. However, performances vs Hibs, Killie and yesterday have been pretty good and I think the players should take real confidence.

Easier said than done, but we just need to match Ross County results.

Going to be a very tough game for us, but in our first meeting at Fir Park this season, we should have taken at least a point given the second hand performance.

Not sure if there are any injury updates, and as we have more or less three games in just over a week, I expect a few players will be rested.

I'd like to see Muirhead start ahead of Balatoni, and SOD ahead of McMillan. I doubt it, but I feel Craigen needs a rest and would give Forbes a chance, only for his ability to strike from range.

Hopefully the ICT game stopped the rot, but I can guarantee this much: we will not be given half the number of chances as we got against ICT, so when the chances come we had better be finding the net this time. Don't expect us to get a thing from the Celtic game, so a point is the bare minimum we should be challenging for!

Hopefully the ICT game stopped the rot, but I can guarantee this much: we will not be given half the number of chances as we got against ICT, so when the chances come we had better be finding the net this time.

Not sure about the logic in that. Inverness have lost 15 goals this season. Motherwell have lost 24.

Not sure about the logic in that. Inverness have lost 15 goals this season. Motherwell have lost 24.

The fact that Motherwell are further up the league than both Aberdeen & Dundee Utd is all we need to know about the difficulty of winning this match. But I agree I don't see how we should be fearing 'Well any more than ICT.

For a bit of confidence it wouldn't be misleading to say we were fairly rank in the first 45 mins at Fir Pk yet only a goal down. For most of the 2nd half we had them on the back foot (albeit defending well), which is not exactly what you'd expect of a team of superior pedigree.

With the exception of a grubbing to Celtic, Motherwell have conceded just once in their last three games, as well as an impressive victory over Aberdeen on Boxing Day. We are up against an in form team, and with us always playing a lone striker we don't create a hell of a lot of chances at the best of times anyway. That's why we can't pass up the sitters we missed at both Rugby Park and against ICT. Despite this, I have a niggling feeling we could take maximum points.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwell-pay-price-after-fans-2874895

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/239708-st-mirren-v-motherwell-spfl-arrests-after-smoke-bombs-set-off/

2 serious incidents so far involving Motherwell fans away from home. So I suppose it begs the question, why are the Motherwell fans in the main stand for this one?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwell-pay-price-after-fans-2874895

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/239708-st-mirren-v-motherwell-spfl-arrests-after-smoke-bombs-set-off/

2 serious incidents so far involving Motherwell fans away from home. So I suppose it begs the question, why are the Motherwell fans in the main stand for this one?

No profit financially to be made sticking them in the North Stand?