Hearts V Jags

The Cup

The benefits of living 10 minutes walk from Tynecastle mean I can do the "just in" early for once. Great 3 points, but not the best performance. We just didn't pass the ball at all. Worst I've seen us in that regard for a long time. Don't know whether or not it was the plan to keep knocking the ball long or not, but that's what we did time after time. Taylor did some great work chasing them down but it wasn't pretty to watch. It was the definition of winning ugly. It's what we needed to do so I'll take it, especially as we've had so many good performances where we've got nothing this season.

Edited to add - fantastic Thistle support. Turned up in big numbers.

Edited by Duck snort
  • Like 1

It's the excitement....

Hahaha, it's ok it's allowed.

A simply magnificent win for the Super Jags today. I'm trying not to get too post-coital, but I really believe we can advance a place or even two over the next few weeks with just a wee spot of luck - the wee bit of luck we've been cruelly denied since virtually the start of the season.

Go on Jags, let's really start to believe in ourselves again and show what we can do.

Hearts' tactics are to go out and destroy every game. Look at the Hibs - Hearts game for evidence. They know if they stand off and give the opposition time they will get pumped.

An excellent win under a lot of pressure.

Disappointed in Bannigan. I've no idea who will replace him in the next game.

A cheeky wee fiver?

So we're now on ten competitive games without a win.

The last guy to do that?

John McVeigh in 1998. His run stopped at ten, exactly. His next game was won 2-0 against Airdrie.

Before that?

It was John Lambie in 1993. His run also stopped at ten, exactly. His next game was won 2-0 against Dundee.

So... Hearts 0 Jags 2 - it's got to be worth a cheeky wee fiver. ;)

Hope you got yer cheeky wee fiver on.

The benefits of living 10 minutes walk from Tynecastle mean I can do the "just in" early for once. Great 3 points, but a poor poor performance. We just didn't pass the ball at all. Worst I've seen us in that regard for a long time. Don't know whether or not it was the plan to keep knocking the ball long or not, but that's what we did time after time. Taylor did some great work chasing them down but it wasn't pretty to watch. It was the definition of winning ugly. It's what we needed to do so I'll take it, especially as we've had so many good performances where we've got nothing this season.

Edited to add - fantastic Thistle support. Turned up in big numbers.

As u stay 10 minutes from tynecaste you couldn't have been to many games saying that's the worst we have been in a long time! Thought first half we played decent and over the whole of the game they never really threatened. All in all an easy win.

Don't think Bannigan will be out on Saturday will he? Does it not have to be a straight red?

A red card always results in suspension for the next game in thr same competition. You're maybe confusing with straight meaning a ban in next game regardless of competition.

It must be the excitement Will :-)

As u stay 10 minutes from tynecaste you couldn't have been to many games saying that's the worst we have been in a long time! Thought first half we played decent and over the whole of the game they never really threatened. All in all an easy win.

I didn't say it was the worst we've been. I said it was the worst we've passed the ball for a long time. We were solid enough defensively and I never really thought there was any danger of Hearts getting back into the game. Agree we did ok in the 1st half, but we never got the passing game going. That, as The Cup says, may well have been down to Hearts' style of play which is all based round the energy of their youngsters.

He's back at Bolton. I am sure Archie wants to bring him back, but will need to wait and see.

Cheers. Might be worth a bit of pressure from us to get him back sooner rather than later given the current midfield absentee list.

Getting other things into perspective here: our hyper-leaky defence, following successive visits to the green and maroon caves, have now shipped the sum total of one goal in those encounters. Clearly calls for Archie and Shaggy to get it sorted out were heeded. Another clean sheet or three over the coming four or five weeks will do me just nicely thank you.

Getting other things into perspective here: our hyper-leaky defence, following successive visits to the green and maroon caves, have now shipped the sum total of one goal in those encounters. Clearly calls for Archie and Shaggy to get it sorted out were heeded. Another clean sheet or three over the coming four or five weeks will do me just nicely thank you.

Wasn't able to make it to either of the last two games but I wonder if Muirhead coming into a defensive midfield role has helped? He may give bite to the midfield we've lacked since Osbourne got injured and it must be a big help having an extra centre half to defend set pieces.

Any comment from folk who did make the games?

Edited by Mr Bunny

Excellent 1st half performance where we took our chances & a professional 2nd half performance. Bannigan was stupid, no idea why he put in the 2nd tackle when on a booking, totally unnecessary & probably had a better chance of winning the ball had he stayed on his feet, as it looked like he was going to.

Taylor was excellent for the 1st half, had no service in the 2nd half & unlucky not to have gained a few free-kicks when his shirt was getting tugged at every opportunity. Muirhead played well & filled the void left by Osbourne very well.

Looks like it'll need to be Craigen a bit further back against County, Lawless in front & Elliott returning on the wing, unless there's a new signing on the horizon..

Edited by 1 John Lambie

]"It mixes it up at the bottom and we can try and drag the teams just above us into it.

"There's two or three around us, so we'll try and make it interesting."[/size]

Archie after the game today.

I might be looking into it too much but it doesn't sound like he's confident of moving up the table at all...

Edited by The Cup