Dissertation Survey - Thistle And Social Media

Lewis.Watson

Hi Thistle fans. Firstly I just wanted to say what a great result it was against Hearts. I was lucky enough to be at the Celtic game where I thought Thistle deserved at least a point so it was great to see that performance backed up with an important win! Taylor also looks like an exciting acquisition who can hopefully start converting those chances to spark a climb up the table.

Now on to my main reason for posting... I am a student at the University of Strathclyde currently undertaking research as part of my dissertation. I am basically researching if social media (such as facebook, twitter, youtube, forums etc) can be used by professional football clubs to enhance brand loyalty. A major part of this involves a case study on Partick Thistle. I would therefore like to ask if you would be so kind as to complete a short questionnaire (hopefully no more than 10 minutes) to aid in my investigation. Any responses would be really appreciated and extremely useful.

Here is link for anyone interested:

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I thought the Thistle aspect should qualify it for the main Jags forum.

Thanks again,

Lewis.

Many thanks everyone!

The Barony Bar is definitely still on the go in the Union. Theyve converted the top few levels into eating areas and there's even a starbucks in there somewhere now. Can't say I go too often anymore but it can still be good for a few drinks after football on a wednesday.

Starbucks! Oh how things have changed. Not in my day etc etc.

I left in 1999 and it was always popular but had heard it was not that busy these days with competition from pubs especially licensing (spelling?) hour changes. Back in my day pubs closed at 12 and the only way to stay out was a club so the union was popular as you had a good choice of pubs and also cheesy dancing in The Barony or with the pill heads on Level 10.

Good questionnaire and it was less than 5 mins to complete so if anyone is bored in work give it a go.

Done - but please no more mention of the Union in such modern times - I remember we had a Christmas debate there in 1977 to discuss the motion that "This house believes in Rough, Mackie and Whittaker, A. Hansen, Campbell and Anderson, Houston, Melrose, Somner, Love and Craig" (team may not be exactly accurate it was a long time ago! but you get my drift).

Naturally the motion was carried overwhelmingly (unbelievably so!) - even those who spoke against the motion (including the late Alex Cameron of Hampden Horse fame) voted in favour of it!!

Good luck with the academic pursuit.