A Bit Hacked Off.

Turned up at the North stand with my season ticket tonight, only to be told it wasn't valid (it's a JH season ticket cos I normally go with my son who's 7) . Ticket only. I assumed the Northy was full, but it clearly wasn't when I was in the JH. What's the issue here? I thought season tickets were valid for both JH and North. The North stand seemed to be ticket only. Disappointed, but OK about it. Explanation would be nice.

Turned up at the North stand with my season ticket tonight, only to be told it wasn't valid (it's a JH season ticket cos I normally go with my son who's 7) . Ticket only. I assumed the Northy was full, but it clearly wasn't when I was in the JH. What's the issue here? I thought season tickets were valid for both JH and North. The North stand seemed to be ticket only. Disappointed, but OK about it. Explanation would be nice.

I'd contact the club as you were given incorrect information. Your JHS ST gets you access to the NS.

Worth noting the far right gate at the NS wasn't reading ST's and the guy was just letting folk through who flashed their card.

I'd contact the club as you were given incorrect information. Your JHS ST gets you access to the NS.

Worth noting the far right gate at the NS wasn't reading ST's and the guy was just letting folk through who flashed their card.

When I was there he was turning people away. He also got a talking to by the police for man-handling a fan, never seen the incident though.

I was refused entry at the North Stand tonight with a JH season ticket. I wasn't the only one either but the steward was having none of it. No entry under any circumstances with a JH season ticket I was told, you can only get in via the Jackie Husband stand. Have got in to the NS no problem with my card with my son since it was opened to under 16's. Had to say goodbye to my friends at the gate who I normally sit with in the Northy.

Neutral fan paying at the gate? Yes sir, no problem, you can sit in the North Stand. I'm only a season ticket holder after all, who'd just bought a dvd from the club shop and attended the Kilmarnock match with my son at the weekend. Was the NS full to capacity? No it wasn't. When I arrived at the JH stand I was told the reader was down so showed my card to a guy behind the turnstyle. And as per, there was the usual guy sitting in my seat in the JH stand, which is one (among many) reasons why I now sit in the NS.

Disgraceful.

When I was there he was turning people away. He also got a talking to by the police for man-handling a fan, never seen the incident though.

no, the guy at the gate was allowing any ST through, the security guy in front was being a typical security guy twat.

my mate has a JHS ST and didn't press his point i wisnae there so missed out on getting him in.

didn't see no trouble (apart from moaning at the wrong people) at the gate.

I'm not generally one to moan. But when I got inside the ground tonight I asked two stewards whether the game was all ticket. It's relevant to whether I'll find my uncle in the usual place. They both looked at me as if I shouldn't be asking them, before one said, "aye, as far as I know".

Shouldn't they be advised before they start their shift?

"He also got a talking to by the police for man-handling a fan"......... how can you do this when you are screened off from the customer???

Lol, When i was there the steward was standing infront of the far right style, so no-one was given the chance to be "waved through". Just assumed the guy was there the whole time and who potty was talking about.

I was refused entry at the North Stand tonight with a JH season ticket. I wasn't the only one either but the steward was having none of it. No entry under any circumstances with a JH season ticket I was told, you can only get in via the Jackie Husband stand. Have got in to the NS no problem with my card with my son since it was opened to under 16's. Had to say goodbye to my friends at the gate who I normally sit with in the Northy.

Neutral fan paying at the gate? Yes sir, no problem, you can sit in the North Stand. I'm only a season ticket holder after all, who'd just bought a dvd from the club shop and attended the Kilmarnock match with my son at the weekend. Was the NS full to capacity? No it wasn't. When I arrived at the JH stand I was told the reader was down so showed my card to a guy behind the turnstyle. And as per, there was the usual guy sitting in my seat in the JH stand, which is one (among many) reasons why I now sit in the NS.

Disgraceful.

I'm not generally one to moan. But when I got inside the ground tonight I asked two stewards whether the game was all ticket. It's relevant to whether I'll find my uncle in the usual place. They both looked at me as if I shouldn't be asking them, before one said, "aye, as far as I know".

Shouldn't they be advised before they start their shift?

two posts that sum up in the incompetence of some of our stewards, and on a wider and higher level the company that is ironically named 'sporting solutions'. neither the company or the likes of the stewards highlighted in this thread should ever be allowed near firhill from next season.

• Like 1

Not making an excuse for what was dreadful customer relations, but I wonder if there may have been extra (unaccustomed) stewards last night in view of the bigger crowd. Still, JH season tickets being acceptable in the NS had been the rule all season and should be common knowledge to all gate staff.

Slightly worrying, given that Firhill have been training stewards for the Commonwealth Games where ticketing will be more complex and PR with people from all over the world more important.

I got turned away too - had to leave my 13 year old son on his own. He had to go through a different gate since I'd got him a ticket earlier on in the day. Steward was pretty officious and 'determined'. No explanation - just "YOU CAN'T GET IN HERE WITH THAT'. I thought the stand had to be full. Many others were being knocked back too (somebody mentioned 'block 5' being the problem?)

I assumed the game was a sell out only to be puzzled at the seemingly arbitrary nature of it all when I saw the actual crowd inside the ground. Sat so that I could at last see my son from one stand to the other. Did also notice, in the spirit of arbitrary, that some fans were allowed to transfer from JHS to NS past the corner flag, and some weren't. Couldn't see what difference made to decide which were allowed and which weren't.

Poor stuff. Tried to not let it spoil the game, but it really gets on my nerves that the club treat you like a problem to be managed rather than a loyal customer to be valued. Shoddy.

Emailed the club regarding this as I was in the same position last night.

I'd rather pay at the gate of the North Stand than sit in the JHS for the Ross County game. But when I bought my Season Ticket at the start of the season, as I did it very early, I was never offered the chance to be placed in the North Stand. So being turned away by an extremely obnoxious and down right rude security guy last night really put a damper on my night. You could have got another 1,000 people in the NS last night easily.

I just ignored the steward and walked in, absolutely daft behaviour from the stewards, and you could see some people getting quite upset.

I was more bothered about the fact that I went into The Firhill "Shop" to buy the Championship DVD. "No!, they're not for sale in here, you have to go round to the JHS" Unbelievable!!

And what was it with the big line of stewards across the road outside the ground at full time to separate the hooligans of Saints and Jags. These 2 teams have a long history of trouble between them. NOT!!!

There also seemed to be a very large police presence - but what for? There's always the suspicion that it's about getting overtime or justifying hiring people.

I was startled by that too. I know a decent attendance was expected but the number of police and stewards seemed way OTT.

It appears that the new stewards were totally misinformed by their employers and the club.

Is that the official line from the club Ian_Mac? I sent an email to try and find out myself.

Not for the first time in the past few years has there been a complete breakdown of communication between the club and this stupid outsourced Security Group. Really did put a damper on my night as I love the North Stand, but the guy at the gate was having none of it, despite my negotiating and appealing to his (limited) judgement.

I asked a steward which queue was for season tickets. Was pointed to one of the four turnstyles that were empty. Stuck my card in when I heard a voice say it wasnt working(guy in booth). I just went and pushed the turnstyle and it was open and went in. Didn't think much of it. Was with another seven folk. After kickoff three hadn't tuned up. I noticed my mate's dad get in but no sign of his lad an one other lad.

Turns out those teo, both ST season ticket holders one with a seat next to mine for the JHS were denied entry by a steward. After delibiration they were told to go the JHS. On arrival they spoke to a steward who then said he'd take them to the NS via the track. They were just about to get in whrn anotber steward came over and said they couldn't get in. Went back and then around again and eventually got in 25 minutes after kickoff. Total shambles.

• Like 1

And what was it with the big line of stewards across the road outside the ground at full time to separate the hooligans of Saints and Jags. These 2 teams have a long history of trouble between them. NOT!!!

But said line of stewards was not separating anybody from anybody as people were free to walk (or more precisely push or struggle) through the small gaps between the stewards. Reminded me of the Maginot Line

So, was it stewards out in the street, or the turnstyle operators that were turning folk away?

I don't understand why folk would be getting asked to show their ST's to stewards out in the street.

I don't understand why turn style operators would be examining the ST's in such detail, I just waved mine in his line of sight.

Why didn't anyone who was denied entry demand Brian, our head steward come round?

So, was it stewards out in the street, or the turnstyle operators that were turning folk away?

I don't understand why folk would be getting asked to show their ST's to stewards out in the street.

I don't understand why turn style operators would be examining the ST's in such detail, I just waved mine in his line of sight.

Why didn't anyone who was denied entry demand Brian, our head steward come round?

Just to clarify, it was a steward in high-vis standing just outside the turnstile who was turning folk away. He inspected every season ticket before we even got to the turnstile. At the time I turned up, we were instructed that only one turnstile was for Season Ticket holders and the rest was for pay-at-the gate.

And I actually did ask if I could see the head steward, and even inquired to when or who had authorized JHS Season Ticket Holders to be turned away, and he simply put on a smug smile and refused to answer. Think he was more used to working in some scummy nightclub than dealing with football fans.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Just to clarify, it was a steward in high-vis standing just outside the turnstile who was turning folk away. He inspected every season ticket before we even got to the turnstile. At the time I turned up, we were instructed that only one turnstile was for Season Ticket holders and the rest was for pay-at-the gate.

And I actually did ask if I could see the head steward, and even inquired to when or who had authorized JHS Season Ticket Holders to be turned away, and he simply put on a smug smile and refused to answer. Think he was more used to working in some scummy nightclub than dealing with football fans.

That is beyond piss poor.

We need all the fans we can get in the north stand, so angry to hear that folk were turned away. I've been told it won't happen again but that doesn't change the bad experience everyone had last night.

The stewards who made those decisions last night were just plain wrong. Why they weren't briefed about who was allowed in to the NS is beyond me.

Everybody is sick of Sporting Solutions, it goes without saying now. But the problem is that they give us a combined deal for stewarding and catering that we simply wouldn't get anywhere else. That's probably where the problem is.