The Bbc Think We're Safe.

If we win, St Mirren win and Hearts win this week then St Mirren are already safe. We'll be very close too in that instance.

It's all ifs and buts so it's meaningless really, however I've put this prediction spreadsheet together as I'm off work ill and have nothing better to do. If anyone wants to investigate various outcomes, this should help. Unfortunately I haven't made it sort the league table into order so it requires some work to read.

SPFL Bottom Six Predictor.xls

If we win, St Mirren win and Hearts win this week then St Mirren are already safe. We'll be very close too in that instance.

It's all ifs and buts so it's meaningless really, however I've put this prediction spreadsheet together as I'm off work ill and have nothing better to do. If anyone wants to investigate various outcomes, this should help. Unfortunately I haven't made it sort the league table into order so it requires some work to read.

I'm sorry I didn't understand that spreadsheet

Cheers Twinny, your spreadsheet was a bit of fun - can't wait for the real thing.

Despite being relatively pessimistic with my forecasts I've still got Thistle finishing in 8th place.

Ross C to finishing in 11th place after a 1-0 defeat at Firhill on the final day - an' I'm gonna miss it!

From mucking about with the spreadsheet it seems clear to me the target still has to be 39 points. Quite a few permutations leave 2 teams on 39 and 3 on 38, a small number of permutations leave 1 team on 39 and 4 on 38, and anything else means relying on at least one of our rivals to get pretty much naff all between now and the end of the season.

From mucking about with the spreadsheet it seems clear to me the target still has to be 39 points. Quite a few permutations leave 2 teams on 39 and 3 on 38, a small number of permutations leave 1 team on 39 and 4 on 38, and anything else means relying on at least one of our rivals to get pretty much naff all between now and the end of the season.

It's definitely 39 points we need. The good/bad thing about the split this season is that there's no bonafide good results for us unless it's Hearts winning, as they're already out of it.

Had Hearts not been deducted points it would have been the most exciting relegation battle that Scotland has ever seen.

I actually found a permutation earlier where we were on 37 and everyone else on 38. I think there were lots of draws. We could be safe on 38, however we'll be relying on goal difference or one team picking up almost nothing if so.

It's definitely 39 points we need. The good/bad thing about the split this season is that there's no bonafide good results for us unless it's Hearts winning, as they're already out of it.

Had Hearts not been deducted points it would have been the most exciting relegation battle that Scotland has ever seen.

Indeed. It would have been absolutely insane at the bottom without Hearts' points deduction. The league really does seem to have split quite cleanly this year too. There have been seasons where the battle to be in the top six has been so close that the team in 7th has ended up with more points than the team in 6th, but the gulf this year is massive. Had the top six been more competitive among one another, this is precisely the quality distribution a 12 team league with a split envisages.

Meanwhile a couple of weeks later Gary Locke has still not quite grasped the religious meaning of Easter http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/gary-locke-hearts-chaplain-behind-resurrection-1-3396145?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Hahahaha. Quite appropriate calling him "Charlie Chaplain." The only Sky Magician's little helper I'd ever condone in the dressing room would be a silent one.

Here are my predictions for Saturday

Thistle to beat Hibs

Ross C to beat St Mirren

Hearts to beat Killie

Table

Thistle 37

Ross c 37

St Mirren 35

Hibs 34

Killie 33

Hearts 22

Mid week predictions

Thistle to beat Hearts

Ross C to beat Hibs

St Mirren to beat Killie

Table going into final game

Thistle 40

Ross C 40

St Mirren 38

Hibs 34

Killie 33

Hearts 22

There's now way we'll be 11th on 38 points.

Actually there is a nightmare scenario which would mean exactly that -

Thistle -34 + 0 v Hibs + 1 v Hearts + 3 v Ross = 38

Ross - 34 + 1 v St Mirren + 3 v Hibs + 0 v us = 38 (better goal difference)

St Mirren - 35 + 1 v Ross + 1 v Killie + 3 v Hearts = 40

Killie - 33 + 3 v Hearts + 1 v St. Mirren + 1 v Hibs = 38 (better goal difference)

Hubs- 34 + 3 v Us + 0 v Ross + 1 v Killie = 38 (better goal difference)

Worked it out whilst cycling home tonight - I'm a glass half empty kind of person :shok::loco::wacko2:

Cheers Twinny, your spreadsheet was a bit of fun - can't wait for the real thing.

Despite being relatively pessimistic with my forecasts I've still got Thistle finishing in 8th place.

Ross C to finishing in 11th place after a 1-0 defeat at Firhill on the final day - an' I'm gonna miss it!

Bloomin' eck.!

The spreadsheet thing was supposed to be a bit of fun but my forecasts for today's results were bang on the money.

I'm not a betting man but if Hearts win 1-0 tomorrow that would be a treble and I might just be tempted for next weekend.

On the downside I've got us down to lose 1-0 on Wed night so hopefully my forecasting is on par with that of a cephalopod mollusc in a fish tank.

Still think we'll stay up though after Saturday's results at County's expense.