Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

ATS is such a huge loss to our team. The whole way we play and the whole way teams play against us, is totally transformed from his absence.

Have we combatted this? I don't think so. Not yet. We will see what happens. But from a completely balanced point of view - we have a lot to do.

Our best 11 is top 6 in my opinion, but you never have your best. Our squad is so thin I'd say it is by far the weakest in the division. Hamilton our closest rivals had the likes of Andreu and Scotland to brind on (and score two goals) we had nothing really.

Interesting time, hopefully in hindsight will be a good time. But just now, its impossible to say. Unless you're "in the know".

ATS is such a huge loss to our team. The whole way we play and the whole way teams play against us, is totally transformed from his absence.

Have we combatted this? I don't think so.

Our attacking Impetus has switched from the left to the right. O'Donnell has adopted the ATS role on the opposite side of the pitch.

Does anybody actually know what stevensons best/preffered position is? Where was he playing for hearts, as anytime I seen him against us he looked much better than anything I've seen from him so far. Though to be fair, I think it's pretty clear he's not a lone stiker.

I'll repeat his stats for last season - 8 goals, 5 in the last 6 games (2 v us and 3 v Kilmarnock).

Even although that was in a handicapped Hearts team, that does not suggest to me a prolific goalscorer.

Our attacking Impetus has switched from the left to the right. O'Donnell has adopted the ATS role on the opposite side of the pitch.

I get what you're saying but then SOD admitted that struggliing with an injury last season prevented hi getting up & down the park as much as he or the team would've liked.

A fully fit SOD along with an ATS type would increase our attacking options in wide areas.

I like Mc!illan & he could do us a job on the left but getting up the park, I would say, is not his strength. Besides you then have 2 right footed players on the left in Higgy & him which means cutting back onto their right more often than not. Gives an organised defence to push out.

Keenan doesn't look as comfortable getting up & down the park- yet.

You seem to be ITK DP so what is it that's happenng with our scouting system?

We seem to have employed Pressley as our main scout at the moment.

Also, has our wage budget increased as promised? I get that Scunthorpe can offer £££more than us but, if the reports are to be believed, that's happens on a lot of occasions or they've decided to stay in England.

Are we really that unlucky?

I just pick up on bits of information here and there. We all know they pay funny money in England, even as you go down the leagues. From what I heard there was maybe only one team in Scotland outside of Celtic who could have offered Lyle the wages he's picking up at Scunny.

When it comes to bringing in players from down south Scotland's top-flight teams are only ever going to be able to attract guys who are looking to rebuild their careers, guys who've previously played here and know the standard's a bit better than perceived wisdom has it or some of the better League Two/Conference players. And they'll be back across the border as soon as they show a bit of promise.

• Members

From what Archie has been saying, I think you're spot on DP. Archie would appear to be targetting players from down South, selling the Club to them by saying, sure the wages are lower, but they're putting themselves in the shop window in what is a higher profile league than the lower English leagues. It just appears that his powers of persuasion aint that good!

I heard Tommy Wirght on radio re Stevie May. He said that he thought May would pick up at least 4 times his St Johntone salary at Wednesday. He went onto say that if he had a good agenet, he could expect up to 7/8 times his St Johnstone wage.

The fact that we have an increased budget is not really relevant imo. Especially if the target is quality.

Archie has a plan. Any new signings at least need to fit one of three categories:

1.Quality. Better than what we have.

2. Young. Preferably under 25.

3. Have something to prove.

He has said that he will not pay a wage to guys that want to sit around as squad players. I fail to see how anyone can argue with that. If we miss out then fine by me. I'd rather that than waste a wage on journeyman players.

I don't know Lyle Taylor's personal details but perhaps he had accommodation near Sheffield and can commute the relatively short distance to Scunthorpe (nobody in their right mind would want to stay in that town).

It's not always down to net wages things like relocation, accommodation, kid's schooling, partner's job etc come into the equation. Possibly a reason the likes of Ross Co have had to spread their net so wide and so often.

La Scimmia Rosa and Dark Passenger = Beattie and Maxwell?

Can La Scimmia Rosa give us the benefit of his insider knowledge and tell us when the club will be signing a replacement for ATS?

Does Archie have any targets, i.e. the four players or so for each position, who are still available? Or have they signed for other clubs?

So Archie's bagged replacements for Sinclair, Mair, Gabby (yes, I know he's on loan), Osbourne/Buaben and Erskine. Just a striker to go. If one is signed by Monday would people agree this has been a successful window?

Too early to say. The replacements should be of a similar or better quality. Osman is good start but it's impossible to judge Seabourne, BRE, Carroll or an unsigned striker.

Too early to say. The replacements should be of a similar or better quality. Osman is good start but it's impossible to judge Seabourne, BRE, Carroll or an unsigned striker.

On the face of things, and with the addition of a striker, Archie will have achieved what he set out to do at the end of last season. All the players signed have all shown early promise.

It's looking like his shrewd approach could pay off.

I'm ever so glad.

So that's another signing in. My oh my. This is looking like the manager, and by extension the Chief Exec and Chairman, could achieve their target by close of the transfer window. Imagine being on the wrong side of that debate.

Re Carroll. My cousin works at St Pats in Dublin. Asked for the lowdown which i will post here.Although feel free to wiki and then tell everyone what his weaknesses are.

On the face of things, and with the addition of a striker, Archie will have achieved what he set out to do at the end of last season. All the players signed have all shown early promise.

It's looking like his shrewd approach could pay off.

I'm ever so glad.

^ You appear to be a club director or employee who is spinning a clear message. That's fair enough but the new signings' "early promise" will need to be delivered and reflected in results.

Edited by kni