Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

Jesus - things have moved damn quick this morning.

First things first. The statement by the Jags Trust is welcomed, very welcomed. It's a strong statement and very well worded. I'm sure everyone in the North Stand is grateful for their support. It can only help put more pressure on the club to reverse the decision.

Now, the 2nd statement by the club. The fact they have had to issue another statement so soon demonstrates how ridiculous the first statement was.

The open meeting/working group should have been suggested in the first place. Why this didn't cross their mind I do not know.

The fact that their first thought was to handle it the way they did shows nothing but incompetence on their part. It also demonstrates how little they know their own supporters.

How many more glaring errors can be made by the club before someone takes responsibility?

• Like 2

First things first. The statement by the Jags Trust is welcomed, very welcomed. It's a strong statement and very well worded. I'm sure everyone in the North Stand is grateful for their support. It can only help put more pressure on the club to reverse the decision.

Now, the 2nd statement by the club. The fact they have had to issue another statement so soon demonstrates how ridiculous the first statement was.

The open meeting/working group should have been suggested in the first place. Why this didn't cross their mind I do not know.

The fact that their first thought was to handle it the way they did shows nothing but incompetence on their part. It also demonstrates how little they know their own supporters.

How many more glaring errors can be made by the club before someone takes responsibility?

Similar to that phone call I never had.....don't apologise though

Just found it hard to believe that Maxi's first port of call would be someone who's been slagging the manager off all season.

I guess that's your version of an apology.....

And I have no idea if it was his first port of call but hey it's good news!

A welcome statement from the Club.

What is the membership of the Supporters Federation? Is this the initiative that was linked to Tag? If anyone can provide a link with more info I'd appreciate it; I was offline a fair bit in February and missed this development.

Well done the club - a wee bit of sense.

Let's hope it leads to a satisfactory solution for the NS fans.

Me - I like the idea of a reduced price season ticket that does not contain any Celtic or, if relevant, Rangers games.

They are a vile experience and I would be happy not to attend them and free up another seat for them to wreck.

Two big statements! Very happy to see the Jags trust release that statement and it's good to see a meeting with club and supporters to actually discuss issues and possible solutions.

Two very important statements we will await with interest before renewing the season tickets,well done everyone so far.

What a lovely start to the morning to see the Club Statement and to find out that they would like to see what the fans have to say. It's a shame this wasn't the way things were dealt with initally but it is encouraging for me, but nothing more than that right now.

The Jags Trust statement is also very welcome, well worded and to the point. This, to me, is what the Jags Trust should be all about, especially in situations like this and though I have not been a fan of this organisation over the years I applaud their efforts here.

Regarding the Supporters Federation who will be meeting with the club.

* Who does this Federation consist of?

* Is it merely supporters buses, Jags Trust and OneThistle?

* Does the North Stand have representation within this Federation?

I am hopeful that now we may have an opportunity for the North Stand to continue, but that is all, hopeful. I am not convinced that this meeting is gonna be a 'we hold our hands up guys, we made a mistake' type meeting and is gonna be more of an organised attempt to sell this new seating plan and make right the **** ups of the past few days.

Like I say, I welcome this sudden need for consultation and will be holding off to see how this transpires before parting with any cash and I also think the BoD deserves credit for admitting how wrong they judged this as I fully expected this to be a done deal no matter what.

Firstly, I too welcome the 'new' position of the board; it signifies to us that their condescending opening gambit, almost by acknowledgement, was an unmitigated catastrophe.

A working party is welcome, at least insofar as it recognises the vital importance of fan involvement. The outcome is of course the be-all and end-all of the situation. But, what scope for compromise, presuming that's what they're aiming for? The status quo, but with them having the right to shunt the NS troops over to the MS at short notice for certain 'big games' not necessarily associated with, but including, the OF; the right for them to declare a moratorium on proceedings while they go away and think their strategy through a bit more 'coherently?'

Anybody's guess is as good as mine, but for now maybe we bury the hatchet and engage with them in the hope that they are being sincere in wanting to work with the fan base for the common good. Whatever the outcome - or their intentions for that matter - I hope they understand that the fans will not, either now or ever, be taken for fools they way they seemed to think we would.

The creation of a new “Shed” in the North Stand has been universally acclaimed by those involved and associated with the club

This issue goes beyond the matter of the North Stand, it strikes at the heart of the concept of us all being part of our club and of having a voice which is heard and not ignored.

It also demonstrates how little they know their own supporters.

SPOT ON!

And well done to ALL those working hard to get the message across (you guys know who you are, I dont know your real names, I think you make a positive difference for the benefit of everyone who attends Firhill).

Club statements are a bit like buses. The first bus is the one that goes round all the houses then almost immediately followed up by the backtrack express. Anyway it's welcome to see us passengers can make a difference.

It's the passengers that pay the fares; without them there would be no need for buses ...

Thanks for the positive responses guys; let's hope we get the right response from the meeting

It is always the way in negotiations,though. Each side takes a hard line initially to give themselves some room to manoeuvre and hopefully come to an acceptable compromise.

I accept that this should be different, as we all should be on the same side - but at least there is a chance of getting something sorted.

It is too early to talk about "negotiations": the fact is that since the Jags Trust lost what should have been a growing shareholding, the fans have next to nothing with which to negotiate. Consultation will be offered because it makes the more powerful party look reasonable.

Here's an explanation of "consultation" and "negotiation" from a business-oriented website:

Negotiation involves discussion to make agreements where the parties involved have some difference of interest or simply negotiation of how a task or project will be carried out. Consultation involves talking to interested parties both to explain developments and issues and in order to canvas their views and ideas that they can contribute.

Typically negotiation involves a greater level of democracy in decision making than consultation. In a negotiation there may be considerable uncertainty about what the outcome will be. In contrast managers [in our case, the board] who consult their employees may already have decided the core of what they intend to do from the outset.

Season ticket payments are only a temporary lever. All the board has to do is make promises now and return to the issue once the season has started, and the NS fans will be in the Main Stand before you know it.

Edited by Fearchar
  • Like 1

I am glad to see, that on the face of it commonsense looks like it has taken hold of the BoD's. I have some concerns that I personally feel are legitimate;

1. Negotiations can only take place in an atmosphere of a full and frank exchange of views and information, in my opinion the club has a way to go to establish its credentials in this regard. If there are sensibke reasons for moving Thistle supporters, then I for one would only be too glad to hear them, to be absolutely honest despite enjoying the North stand I do not see occupation of it, per ce as a matter of life and death.

2. It is well past time that the supporters of this club were treated as intelligent adults by the BoD's instead of pets who can be brought out when it is convenient and returned to their kennels with a bone to gnaw on when it is not.

Still it would be churlish not to see the two statements as steps in the right direction, I await dievelopments with interest

I must say however the effort and unity of our support over this issue is an example of the importance and utility of social media (an expression I personally hate). I think we can all agree that if we had all accepted this decision and lay back waiting for our collective tummies to be rubbed, the supporters of this club would be in a far worse place than where we are.

Power to the people!

Edited by stillresigned

Season ticket payments are only a temporary lever. All the board has to do is make promises now and return to the issue once the season has started, and the NS fans will be in the Main Stand before you know it.

I think if that happened then Thistle would be playing in pretty much an empty stadium at Firhill.

• Like 1

"As a club we value the feedback from our fans and it would be wrong for us to ignore it."

Rangers vote - ignored.

Celtic in the North Stand - ignored

Shutting the North Stand to home fans...

Beattie Out.

spot on. this is just the latest in a long line of board making decisions without consulting or adhering to the majority of thistle fans wishes. catering, tag, dvd, moving directors box, stewarding, the list goes on and on where they have just done what they wanted, and to hell with what the supporters think or want. they represent us, the club. they are not our bosses. we are their bosses. time for a change of many attitudes and ways.

Club statements are a bit like buses. The first bus is the one that goes round all the houses then almost immediately followed up by the backtrack express. Anyway it's welcome to see us passengers can make a difference.

brilliant^^

SPOT ON!

And well done to ALL those working hard to get the message across (you guys know who you are, I dont know your real names, I think you make a positive difference for the benefit of everyone who attends Firhill).

everyone can make a positive difference. keep writing to club, writing on forums, keep showing the need for the North Stand to remain Red and Yellow, and for on a wider scale, better fan engagement and consultation and a say in how the club is run. We can ALL make a.positive difference.

I feel there isn't much scope for comprimise. Either we get the stand or don't. Simple

pretty much this.^^

Anyone else reading this thread and thinking this is all a wee bit much?

no

Really pleased that we seem to be heading for some kind of consultation.

My issue with this is that the supporters federation is a club construct and they seem to be able to mobilise them and call them in for discussions. Is this a fair summary? For instance - Ian or PT - do you know who the individual reps are and are you able to contact them? If not then I suggest that the SF is something that is looked at in terms of how it can actually work for the fans independent from the club. A SF meeting should be able to be called without it actually being the club who call it. I signed up for TAG, but have no idea who my SF rep is or what 'branch' I've been put into. Do SF reps have any details of who they are representing? Or does the club hold all the info and therefor pull all the strings?

• Like 2

anyone else get a generic reply to their email to anyone at the club? my email yesterday sent to mail, chair and ian.maxwell @ ptfc.co.uk has been replied to by stacey in the office, directing me to the latest website statement on ptfc.co.uk

i have replied to it, and cc'd chair and maxi, and suggest people do similar to express their views on this latest statement and show that we are not going away or just going to say "ok, we'll say no more about it, where do we buy our season ticket".

keep the pressure on to show we are united on the north stand (and even other issues you have). as supporters we have a massive opportunity to not only influence the fate of the north stand, but i would hope it is the beginning of a new dawn of fan engagement, consultation, discussion and acting in the fans interests for many more aspects of how the club is run.

for your information, my reply to the club of earlier this morning is below.

Good Morning Stacey,

Thankyou for having the courtesy to reply to my email with a generic directing me to the latest statement (which i had already read). It at least shows my email has been accessed by at least one person within firhill. That is a start.

As is a start, and thats all it is, that four days (publically) on, the board has decided to start to signal their willingness to engage with the support on this issue, and at least have discussions. However, how many weeks (or months) have the board been sitting on this issue, weeks or months in which these discussions could have been taking place? The point being the club could have potentially have avoided turning the vast majority of the supporters against the board. However, maybe it is a blessing in disguise (for the supporters only) as it has brought into sharp focus to every single thistle supporter, how our club is run by its custodians and how these custodians view all of the PATG and ST fans. You can be assured that after this latest faux pas of the board, that in the future the club board will be subject to much more closer scrutiny and required to be vastly improved in your engagement, communication and treatment of fans, especially in terms of consulting with the fan base first (and getting their approval) before making any material changes that may affect the match day experience, or potentially lose the club many valued supporters. A lesson learned for all i trust.

It is fair to say a large percentage of the thistle support have reservations and concerns about how the club is run, and the trustworthiness in which some or all of the board is viewed, but this may give these board members the opportunity to show how "thistle minded" they really are and who will take note of, and subsequently act accordingly of, the main concensus of fans views. Without its supporters, the club has no lifeblood. It would be wise, both now and in the future, to listen to, and work with this lifeblood, as every single Partick Thistle supporter wants the best for the club, but not at the expense of being taken for mugs and treated with complete contempt and disregard, as has often been the case in both under the current board of directors, and previous boards.

I, like every other thistle supporter wish to see an end to this board/fans disconnect, on the North Stand as well as many other issues of concern and poor customer(fan) service.

I sincerely hope this is the beginning of a new dawn, and that sense (and the entire thistle supports wishes) prevails, and it will soon be confirmed by the board that the North Stand will be red and yellow for next season, and multiple seasons thereafter. Lets get back to where we were, with the best home support section in scotland (which imo has also resulted in an improved away jags support backing), backing archie, the players, the club, from the North Stand and so we can then all buy our NS and JHS season tickets, and hopefully have an even better and more successful season 2014/2015.

Keep the North Stand Red and Yellow

yoda jag

• Like 1