F. C. Pinatar Vs. Partick Thistle

Heard that welsh has picked up a groin injury.

With Welsh, you can't be sure if this is true or a joke.

Piccolo going out in loan according to David Beattie in Spain tonight

Interesting one. Implies we are confident of bringing in at least 2 players comfortable at centre-back (or one excellent one) before the window shuts.

With Welsh, you can't be sure if this is true or a joke.

Interesting one. Implies we are confident of bringing in at least 2 players comfortable at centre-back (or one excellent one) before the window shuts.

Yep you would think 2 CBS arriving

Yep you would think 2 CBS arriving

Barr & Magnay then.

Barr another Welsh in that he's missed more games than he's played last few years.

From last night' s team, I'd suggest that's how thin our squad is when a couple of players unfit for whatever reason.

Piccolo going out in loan according to David Beattie in Spain tonight

Tbh that should have happened last year when it was clear that he had much to learn about the Scottish game. There is a half decent central defender in there and this could be a good move for him and the club. As for Sean Welsh, I think the guy is an excellent player, but if this injury is true, it maybe time to cut our losses and give him a settlement on his contract

I'd be very surprised if Archie signs the first two trialists he's looked at, considering there's still 7 weeks of the transfer window open.

Agree to a point. If we were playing a friendly against Annan Athletic or the likes I doubt many would be thinking that signing Mustoe or Magnay was above 50/50. I think the fact there's a cost aspect re being in Spain would mean Magnay at least must've impressed last week.

Btw Barr must either be trying to prove his fitness levels or he's mulling over signing a contract. I would very much doubt a guy of his experience would need to play as a trialist to impress on ability and being a central defender I doubt there's much consideration required in finding out if he suits our style of play.

Agree with LIB above.

Re: Welsh, it would send a terrible message to him, the squad and other players if we were to try to release him because he is injury prone; despite being our captain and the fact he got injured playing for us (i.e. doing his job for his employer) - terrible ethics.

Interesting Cregg didn't play - wonder if he traveled to Spain with the team?

• Like 1

Re: Welsh, it would send a terrible message to him, the squad and other players if we were to try to release him because he is injury prone; despite being our captain and the fact he got injured playing for us (i.e. doing his job for his employer) - terrible ethics.

If you are talking about my post, note that I said we should offer him a settlement on his contract, if he can't prove his fitness. Sorry but it's a cruel game and at this level a club like ours with a small squad and budget cannot carry guys that are constantly out of action. In saying that, if reports are to be believed on P and B Sean wasn't even on the bench last night. Nothing would please me more than to see a fit Sean Welsh starting in the first team this season. As for Gabby, reports on P and B are saying that Beattie has said the loan move could be to a Spanish club. If that's true then he appears to have no future at our club. He would be better going on loan to someone in our Championship or Div 1 if he is going out on loan and the club think he has a future at Firhill

Edited by Lindau

Story I heard is Picollo going back to Spain & considering only a year left on his contract I'd be surprised if he's back.

Does anyone know if Cregg even been training with us let alone travel to Spain?

Agree with LIB above.

Interesting Cregg didn't play - wonder if he traveled to Spain with the team?

Has Cregg traveled to Spain with the squad?

Was just wondering. Does anyone know if Cregg was on the plane to Spain?

"More than 500 spectators at Arena Pinatar with large Scottish presence." ...

http://www.cartagena...artick-escoces/ ... "Cartagena Today" the Evening Times ( I guess) of Cartagena, coastal city nearby The Jags camp.

Google translation .... "The Partick Thistle Scottish 1st Division won by 1-3 to FC Pinatar at the premiere of the summer games Pinatar Arena. Alan Archibald assembly could only exceed that of Trasante in the second half and with the usual changes and pre-season testing. Coki's goal following a great action of the Argentine Yago the home side ahead, further ordered more than one occasion before Gallacher's goal. McDaid twice and Fraser acted the comeback in the final 20 minutes of match against FC Pinatar good that only had 4 sessions of training. Great atmosphere in Pinatar Arena already expected the British derby Saturday between Partick Scotland and Brighton in England."

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz