Quarter Final

ThickAsThieves

Well at least that only cost me 15 quid. I thought we played well up the red card, seaborne was dealing well with guidetti and apart from the stokes header and another header saved by fox we were minimising the chances. Yet another pointless red card, no need for a challenge that far from goal. There was no danger and its effectively cost us any chance of staying in the game.

Second half was school boy stuff and it looked like we could lose 8 or 9 with the space their full backs got down the wing. Again goals cost by free kicks given away at the edge of the box, will we ever learn? Was the penalty soft? Couldn't see much from my position. Thankfully celtic jacked it after 65 mins or it could have been beyond embarrassing however the only thing I was embarrassed about was the teenage bams in the celtic support who seemed intent on goading the thistle support with their petchulent hand signals. How sad.

Not sure why eccleston started or why he bothered to bring on higgy, he'd have been best leaving him for Saturday.

All in all a typical day in the life of a jagsfan, I truly expect us to pump accies at the weekend now.

That was bad. The team collapsed. Sometimes a sending off galvanises a team with 10 men but we folded like a primary school team. Bannigan deserved the sending off and needs a slap.

Up to the sending off we played OK. I'd have Doolan over Eccleston any day. Balatoni worked well with Seaborne. We are lacking midield support to the striker. Is this where Stevenson should be playing as he (in the past anyway) is a player.

Well what else did we expect going there against ******* 12 men. Right from the start Glancy was all over our player awarding everything against us, then on the other hand NEVER once had a word with one of them when we were awarded a foul?

1st goal was never a foul for their goal. Osman got the ball first and the Celtic player fell over him.

Sending off. Looked as if he got the ball 1st then the man, what made it look bad from where I was, was the trailing leg. Then ****** brown and his cronies all surround player and ref.

Hard enough at the best of times but with blatant incompetence from match officials it makes it impossible.

• Like 5

At worst a yellow card. I think Stuart's beginning to earn himself a bit of a reputation among the officials now. He's picking up cards way too easily now. We'll miss his energy on Saturday.

Will it not just be a suspension for the League Cup next season? Usually only violent conduct that follows the player to the next game rather than being tournament specific only.

If he is suspended I'd play Wilson, putting the youngsters in hasn't hampered Hamilton, time to see if he's up to it with Fraser & Welsh due back soon meaning he'll do well to get in the squad at best.

just watched "sending off"- brown allowed to go around shoving folk?- not even told to calm it.

fouled guy acted like he was dying- then a few mins later, up running- about-magic sponge!!! NHS should be told.

Sorry, don't know why I get so upset! really should just stop going to games like this-sooo frustrating.

We started ok, but you need to take half chances when they come. Craigen had a great chance from just outside the box at 0-0 but missed the target.

The foul that led to the 1st goal, I didn't think, was ever a foul. Positive that Osman got the ball & that it was a good tackle. It was a good free-kick, but Fox had to get over quicker, the free-kick was only going in one place & he got over too slowly to stop it. Again, I would question Fox's positioning for the 2nd free-kick goal. I'd actually say what's the point in having a wall for that free kick. It just blocks the keepers line of vision & gives the striker something to aim at.

The red card for Bannigan, was a little harsh in my book, but it was a stupid tackle to make. He needs to learn quick, it's happened too often, he gets a stupid yellow card just about every week.

I think Archibald wanted to show some loyalty to Balatoni, which is commendable on one hand, but I believe he made a mistake in not starting Frans with Seaborne. I'd expect that to be the partnership on Saturday. Fox has made some good saves recently but I still think Gallacher is the better goalkeeper at this point.

I had a go at Ecclestone yesterday, he actually did ok & had a little skill when on the ball. He was caught ball watching too often, however, being caught offside needlessly 5 times. Although he did ok, Doolan should have started & I'd expect Doolan to start again on Saturday.

Kilmarnock had a player sent off after 30mins at the weekend & managed to keep the score to 2-0, honestly thought it was going to end up 10-0 when it got to 6 with 20mins left. That wasn't good enough.

Good summery of the game! Craigen and Elliot are not good enough at this level, both of them were complete passengers! Archies doesn't have much choice in playing them just now with our injures but the sooner Higgy and Fraser are back the better!

You don't mind getting beat when players give 100% but they'd chucked it as soon as Banzo got sent off! Too many individual mistakes at the end, first goal was a soft free kick but to give Guidetti another chance at a similar distance was asking for trouble! Grifiths scoring a header was a joke, then to round off the performance he chases back a pass to Fox and he hits the ball off him and into the net!

Fox, Balatoni and Elliot out for Saturday! Gallagher, Frans and Higgy in. Would take Craigen out too but don't have anybody challenging him for a place just now! Disappointed in Stevenson, hasn't had a decent performance since joining and obviously isn't doing it in training as he isn't even making it off the bench!

Considering not going to Hamilton after taking time off work to watch that dross tonight!

First 40odd mins was actually pretty encouraging. If anything we had more of the play and other than a free kick that never was giving them a lead we were still well in the game until sending off.

Reckless tackle in an area of no danger - what does my feckin box though is the number of similar tackles they made without as much as a talking to

2nd half - could be wrong but looked another dubious free kick and penalty decision but we folded far too easily.

Hopefully Higgy and Fraser back for weekend - Christie and JC plenty of effort but Championship level players tbh

Good summery of the game! Craigen and Elliot are not good enough at this level, both of them were complete passengers! Archies doesn't have much choice in playing them just now with our injures but the sooner Higgy and Fraser are back the better!

You don't mind getting beat when players give 100% but they'd chucked it as soon as Banzo got sent off! Too many individual mistakes at the end, first goal was a soft free kick but to give Guidetti another chance at a similar distance was asking for trouble! Grifiths scoring a header was a joke, then to round off the performance he chases back a pass to Fox and he hits the ball off him and into the net!

Fox, Balatoni and Elliot out for Saturday! Gallagher, Frans and Higgy in. Would take Craigen out too but don't have anybody challenging him for a place just now! Disappointed in Stevenson, hasn't had a decent performance since joining and obviously isn't doing it in training as he isn't even making it off the bench!

Considering not going to Hamilton after taking time off work to watch that dross tonight!

I would actually be tempted to play Stevenson - to see if he has got his act together and if the spell on the bench has done him good, see if he can actually get a goal, though to be fair to him I guess we havent exactly rained goals the last few games when he hasn't played either

Think the tackles stupid not even that bad but what would u expect against celtic after that we crumbled maybe shows how much bannigan does for the team honestly think we went about second half all wrong ! I really don't understand why fox keeps playing when we have a better goal keeper on the bench it's not that I think fox is shit it's just that gallachers better

I would actually be tempted to play Stevenson - to see if he has got his act together and if the spell on the bench has done him good, see if he can actually get a goal, though to be fair to him I guess we havent exactly rained goals the last few games when he hasn't played either

The gap between Doolan/Eccleston and the three behind is shocking! Whoever is playing up front is getting no support, Stevenson provides an arial presence and prefers to play just behind the striker, time for Stevo to step up!

Me and the lad stayed to the bitter end - disappointing to see the Jags fans exodus after the 4th goal went in but quite understandable.

Game was evenly balanced first half but ref ruined the game with the red card (yellow at most) - coupled with defending far too deep in 2nd half, somehow conspiring not to pick up runners or mark properly was disappointing, not having an out ball and when we did not getting up quick enough to support the player with the ball - whilst a cup run would be nice for a change it's the league that matters - so pinch of salt and jog on. Finger out on Saturday and put Hamilton in their rightful place.

Don't blame Fox for anything - he was let down by the collective failure in front of him so to bench him would be an appalling move.

Apart from holding our own with eleven men and creating one or two chances, when Bannigan was red-carded we fell apart. I felt we lacked leadership and a collective will to get stuck in. Was it a straight red? Probably, and in time honoured fashion, the Celtic players ensured that there was only one decision.

Walking down London Road with my son after the game I had the pleasure of meeting up with a Jags fan from Belfast (like me he thought we were in with a chance!). Poor guy had forked out over £300 to come over to watch that capitulation. We really need to get some fight about the team, find a leader (there should be many leaders but who / where are they?) and bounce back on Saturday.

Yes, I'm the same walloper who said we were a few players away from being a great team! Sort the above out and who knows... Gutted but still optimistic (must be the drugs)!!

We're probably the easiest team in the league to play against.Same formation and same tactics every week.-Archie has to start developing more a a tactician and manager if we are to improve.Really worried about the rest of the season.

Three games without a goal isn't good no matter what the opposition.

10 men or not losing 6-0 is a ****1n embarrassment and the players and management should be told that.

Results like that just make me think whats the ******* point. Not that we're a bad team or anything, it just sums up how tough it is supporting this club.

The day I've hoped for years, which I'd imagine we all patiently wait on, something which I've never seen since supporting us, to one day beat the old firm. I just don't see it ever happening. It bloody hurts. I've never ever seen it happen and dare I say it, a whole generation of Thistle fans now have never had that feeling.