Motherwell On Saturday

1 John Lambie

Great performances from a lot of players today. Especially Craigan. Can't see why Stevo would get back in the team after that.

McMillan my man if the match.

thats great to see I had my criticisms of James and others last season and thought this is the year they really need to prove themselves. Well done jimmy and special mention to foxy whom I have had a few concerns about this season
  • Like 1

• Members

Great 3 points and a decent performance .....Motherwell never really threatened and their goal was a wonder strike

What a difference Seabourne makes deservedly man of the match

He was superb, however, his poor pass led to their goal. The only blot on his display today. Credit to Conrad as well as he was the one dealing with Sutton for most of the game. I thought Motherwell had chucked it at 2-0 till we let them back into the game with a great strike. Weathered the storm comfortably then a great breakaway to clinch the points. Thought we were the far better team throughout till they scored.

I though Seabourne, Osman, both fullbacks and Craigen were immense, with Elliot not far behind. Doolan had his best game this season. Don't think anyone had an off day. All the goals were of great quality (including theirs, of course). And Fox's save at the death (following a point blank deflection) was incredible, I thought.

All together, I'm a happy man this evening.

Motherwell are honking.

Much better from the Jags this weekend. That defensive four are much more assured than any other combination, and Lawless had a superb game.

Three excellently worked and taken goals. Hopefully this will convince the team that Higginbotham is like oil for an independent Scotland: a bonus and not a necessity.

Thought we were great today, in control for most of game, not a single failure.

My motm woulda been o'donnell, but could honestly been anyone from 1-11. Best game ive seen i a while from lawless, craigen, elliot.

Huge credit to archie and shaggy and the boys, a jags team minus higgy and fraser is significantly weaker, to beat motherwell 3-1 with some to spare is a great result, well done lads and thank you for making my weekend.

an open prayer

God , big yin, ma man. ye ken I never ask fir much, ye always let me doon, and a canny even get £25 on the lottery. but if ye just turn Craigen and Elliot into football players for the one day only, I'll start puttin money in yer plate, just the one day, noo thats no much ti ask is it.

And the lord looked down, and heard Sabbath's prayer ,for Craigen and Elliot were most excellent.

He was superb, however, his poor pass led to their goal. The only blot on his display today. Credit to Conrad as well as he was the one dealing with Sutton for most of the game. I thought Motherwell had chucked it at 2-0 till we let them back into the game with a great strike. Weathered the storm comfortably then a great breakaway to clinch the points. Thought we were the far better team throughout till they scored.

The official commentary called their goal "A superb long range effort from Motherwell sub Ainsworth". Chic Young said it was a thirty yard screamer. Tam Cowan is talking it up as a 40 yard belter.

And yet it was a "poor pass" and "letting them back into the game"? Can they not just have scored a good goal? Or is there always a cloud to every silver lining?

The official commentary called their goal "A superb long range effort from Motherwell sub Ainsworth". Chic Young said it was a thirty yard screamer. Tam Cowan is talking it up as a 40 yard belter.

And yet it was a "poor pass" and "letting them back into the game"? Can they not just have scored a good goal? Or is there always a cloud to every silver lining?

To be fair, it was a poor pass. These things happen, he was still superb. And it was a great strike, though "only" about 25 yards

Well that was a bit more like it. Think having SOD back made the world of difference, but really no failures whatsoever. Craigan and Elliot both stepped up to the plate and their work rate along with that of Lawless was a big factor in the win and puts Stevenson to shame. That was more like the Kris Doolan that we know. What a goal that was. We really needed that result and it's nice going into the break with that result behind us.

Edited by Lindau

Thought the full team had an excellent game today. McMillan just shaded it for me as our MOTM, was superb at left back and thought Lawless was exceptional since he hadn't trained all week due to ligament trouble. Great team effort today and most of all didn't even notice Stevenson wasn't in our team until after half time.

My motm woulda been o'donnell, but could honestly been anyone from 1-11. Best game ive seen i a while from lawless, craigen,

Lawless has been brilliant for the last 3 or 4 matches