As with previous campaigns, this early home game against a beatable side will shape our bid to qualify.

Last weekend's domestic results and performances proved to me that this squad is one of the strongest on paper. I know we lack a decent centre back but some of the goalkeepers and creative options we have at our disposal puts many a nation to shame.

Marshall - Stalwart for Cardiff and always impresses.

Hutton - pacey and has proved his worth going forward. Starting in premiership games again.

Robertson - has been in fine form since move to premiership.

Hanley - Still just 22 and improving all the time.

Martin - Regular for Norwich. Could be a weak link.

Brown - If fit and disciplined, could lead the charge from midfield

D Fletcher - Vastly experienced and can be world class for his club on his day

J Morrison - underrated. Shows great craft and could turn a game. Regular in premiership

I Anya - plays without fear and lightening pace. A real find at 26.

Naismith - tenacious, tireless and clinical. A manager's dream

S Fletcher - inconsistent but when confidence is high, he's a terrific player to lead the line

Subs - some real strength in depth

Dorrans - premiership regular

Gauld - great prospect

Maloney - good experience and wicked delivery

McArthur - seems to get better every season

May - could go either way, but may be a good long term prospect

Gordon - if fit, world class keeper

Mulgrew, McGregor and Adam are all very decent players, currently unavailable

Edited by brodieboy

Well seeing that mr Lawell gets the big games at his ground. That's what I think stinks to high heaven, no that Ibrox is getting used.

The SFA are in Lawells back pocket. What was wrong with playing a home game each at their grounds with another at Aberdeen and maybe tynecastle. Or would some on here think that they are also helping out hearts financially!

Personally I couldn't give two fecks were we played our national home games, it doesn't matter to me or our club, simple because our ground isn't good enough or big enough.

Well seeing that mr Lawell gets the big games at his ground. That's what I think stinks to high heaven, no that Ibrox is getting used.

The SFA are in Lawells back pocket. What was wrong with playing a home game each at their grounds with another at Aberdeen and maybe tynecastle. Or would some on here think that they are also helping out hearts financially!

Personally I couldn't give two fecks were we played our national home games, it doesn't matter to me or our club, simple because our ground isn't good enough or big enough.

Playing a game in Scotlands best stadium

Deary me what stupid ideas will they come up with next :rolleyes:

I suppose it explains why it is not on tv.

SFA don't want fans staying away to watch on TV , just because they are spineless enough to offer the game to be staged at the home of a team they accused of "cheating".

It's on Sky Sports.