St Johnstone 25Th October

read'n'yell

Absolute shocker. Both teams looked as if they had an eye on the midweek cup games. Only plus point for me was the Freddie/Conrad partnership. Looked very solid. Archie gonna have a nice problem when Dan comes back. Great to see the central defence looking very good

• Members

Thought we were very good in the first half without making the keeper work too hard. Not so effective in the second half though. I think the Saints had our game plan worked out by then without really posing any danger themselves. Thought Frans was solid enough, but I would have given the MOTM award to SOD. Another great game going forward. McMillan was solid once again at left back also. In fact the whole defensive side of our team today was rock solid.

-Some terrific build up play in the first half but we ran out of ideas in the second. Conrad will have given Archie a selection problem as he was excellent along side the impressive Frans.

The main fault for me today was our crossing , absolutely psh. Any forward will struggle up front with that quality of delivery .

Really missed the spark that Higgy or even Fraser can give you today . -

All things considered I feel it was our lack of a decent final ball that let the points slip against a poor St J side.

No appearance from from Stevenson either from the subs bench, reckon his time is up.

Positives were the performance of the defence.

We are playing a lot of side to side football this season, controlling the ball and only making the occasional incisive attack. We had maybe 3 chances the whole game - a weak shot from Craigen, a total miscontrol by Dools and maybe a wee penalty shout against Dools in the 1st half. Elliot started brightly in the 1st half, kind of fell out of it, but put them under a good bit of pressure in the 2nd. If he practises more with his shooting, he could be pretty effective. As others have said the defence didn't look very troubled at all, lawless was busy without getting much reward. Osman has a very lethargic way, but gets away with it and Bannigan was at the heart of anything we did - but seems to want to get booked for stupid things. he didn't today but could have for needlessly kicking the ball away and for holding the ball when it was a St J free Kick. Fox had pretty much nothing to do, apart from saving a one on one and a sharp save near the end

Last few games have challenged the assessment that our squad is "thread bear". Slightly disappointed with today's result but a draw with St Johnstone is no disgrace and I thought we looked the better team, without Gallagher, Seabourne, Welsh, Fraser, Higginbotham, Stevenson, who all may have been considered first choice at the start of the season (and some still are)