Up For The Cup? Thistle Vs Academical. Saturday 29 November.

jagfox

By the way... Christie Elliott. Love his attitude, his effort, his fitness levels. But I'm starting to think that he's a proper football player too. Players can improve technically, and there's no question that he has, immensely. I don't think I remember a player proving me wrong to this extent since Bobby Law.

• Like 1

Yoda, they played the Scotsport theme tune at Firhill today too as the players came out

thanks for the info lj. hat doffed to ptfc for same classy touch. didn't hear it in north stand, between the singing and complete failure of a pa system in that stand, its often impossible, and other times a battle to work out whats being said or played over the pa. even at the relative silence of halftimes it's a hit or miss as to what north stand attendees hear from the jhs pa, depending which way the wind blows sometimes.

By the way... Christie Elliott. Love his attitude, his effort, his fitness levels. But I'm starting to think that he's a proper football player too. Players can improve technically, and there's no question that he has, immensely. I don't think I remember a player proving me wrong to this extent since Bobby Law.

^^out of likes, but agree wholeheartedly.

Elliot was terrific today.No doubt he is improving as a footballer. With GF and Higgy regaining fitness the squad look s a lot stronger, that was as good a bench as we've had in years and If Stevo can at last show us what he's got with Carrol showing a bit of form also we can have a very good second half of the season.

Good gritty performance today when we couldn't do the silky stuff.

Seabourne is a natural captain .

Totally agree king of Spain. He sprays the ball around so well from deep. I think the logic is he is potentially a real goal threat. But playing so high up doesn't allow him the same opportunity as he is better marked.

Think I'd switch him and Banzo. Bannigan is a bit safer defensively but Fraser will learn and Osman does the bulk of the work in that respect anyway.

Really enjoyed today, think we were lucky to go in 1-0 and Accies fought hard as well as numerous mistakes by us. Good to get the second goal and another clean sheet. Limited Accies to a few longer range/ tight angled shots.

Here's hoping for a diddy team. Highlights tonight on tv!

Good game, love the defence at the mo. Midfield a bit too anonymous for my liking but a good day all in. Can aw beat the joy of Dougie Imrie getting sent off right in front of you either.

On a side note, did anyone see any bovva with those little rascals from Hamilton?? On the way home I saw bunch of the wee fuds at the bottom of garscube road at the underpass with bottles, sticks and other weaponry looking for a set to.

Bannigan, fraser and Oman are three of our best players and the question is whether they can all play together. I'd stick with it but agree that it means that one becomes less effective playing slightly out of position.

No idea if it was deliberate but I thought Abdul was involved far more often down the right side than normal. He could've been shadowing an Accies player, just balance to Bannigan maybe even a reflection of the solidness of the back four but quite noticeable.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, as the season progresses, the one midfielder who will become undroppable will turn out to be Fraser. At times this season he's already shown he could be the complete midfielder. It's just a matter of time till he puts all those necessary components into the mix.

Elliot was terrific today.No doubt he is improving as a footballer. With GF and Higgy regaining fitness the squad look s a lot stronger, that was as good a bench as we've had in years and If Stevo can at last show us what he's got with Carrol showing a bit of form also we can have a very good second half of the season.

Good gritty performance today when we couldn't do the silky stuff.

Seabourne is a natural captain .

Except for just after he got booked for giving the assistant a mouthful, he continued to shout at him. Could easily have been sent off.

Great performance and result today. Carroll and Stevenson had their best game of the season today. Frans sheer quality and we need him beyond January. Osman a stand out also.

One thing puzzled me today - Can someone who applauded Gerry Collins explain why they did so?

Because he was a solid (though somewhat slow) defender for us then part of the Lambie-Collins team which did so well for us over the years?

Or maybe you can't be arsed about that and only care about the one season when he was promoted beyond his abilities?

A hard-working rather than fluent performance and very pleasing to get through - we have a quite awful Cup record over the years. It would have been a real downer for the season to be out of the Cup in November - why did the SFA come up with the idea of playing the games this early? The Cup should start in January except for diddy teams like Hearts, Hibs and The Rangers.

Well done to Stevenson - a bit fortunate for the first goal when it broke perfectly for him but he didn't half blooter it in. He then missed a sitter though might have been flagged offside. I'm not sure he is suited to the sole striker role but credit for a better attitude and performance. The second goal was an excellent team move - looked a wild challenge by the Accies guy who was lucky he got skinned by Higgy as it would surely have been a red card if he had connected.

There weren't any outstanding performances but everyone showed real determination - as a regular critic of Elliot, he put in a good shift.

Only towards the end when Hamilton were pushing forward and a man short did we look really threatening. Once again for most of the game, we didn't get support into the box quickly enough. From memory, last season and this we have tried Bannigan, Bauben,Doolan, Craigen, Stevenson and now Fraser in that attacking midfield role without any of them looking suited. Gary did all right but surely his stength is to hit accurate long passes from a deeper position.

Tip for training this week - maybe we can practise keeping possession from throw-ins? Not much movement with the only option being trying to nod the ball on down the touchline.

That victory was build from a good shape and a solid defence. Stevenson, apart from his two goals, and a 5 minute spell after he scored his second, was still fairly rubbish. He's not the answer to our striking problems. Frans and Seaborne were once again excellent. The back four worked really well as a unit, and Carroll seems more positional aware with Seaborne alongside him.

My main criticism today was, similar to the Aberdeen game, Hamilton were able to find the too easily feed the ball into the feet of the strikers. Osman and Bannigan have got to be better aware of the movement of the strikers so they can intercept or discourage the pass.

was he on at half time or something?

Maybe he deserves applause for his successful time as assistant manager, as well as his short time as a player. OK, he was a disaster as manager, but he was given the job by the directors. A certain Head of Youth coaching at the club was also a disaster as a manager (over a longer period as well as in a lower division) so would you not applaud him?

Didn't he mouth off about suing the club after he left?