Freddie

Blues Brother

That's amazing. Was walking out of work with Scotty Magoo today, and said that the one signing I wanted to see more than anything was an extension for Fred.

Great signing, and like others I'm surprised that we've got him for 18 months. Guys like him, Bannigan, Fraser and Stevenson on longish contracts shows a bit of ambition.

This looks an excellent piece of business. I was worried we'd have to alter our squad to accommodate Frans with a contract lasting only to May. Could've been a case of one step forward one step back. Signing on for another season completely negates that situation. Obviously we've got to treat this as a new signing and that will no doubt necessitate a player leaving and maybe another going out on loan.

I also suspect this is a major signing financially as well. It could impact on our means to strengthen elsewhere but that's the price you pay when you bring in quality. I would guess that Liam Lindsay and Aero will not be available come January. With Frans and Seaborne in central defence as first picks we only need Conrad in support. At a stretch and in an emergency both McMillan and Keenan (presuming his loan period isn't extended) could cover a centre back position. So I would imagine one could be leaving us with the other going out on loan but that's me just speculating.

eta completely forgot about BRE. Not sure where he comes in as I've no idea how he's progressing. Given his lack of top league experience it would surprise me greatly if he was brought in to the mix while there's much to play for. Something then would have to be done about his contract.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Seaborne is just a 12 month contract isn't he? I'd be looking to get him on an extension as well.

Think Dangerous Danny is on a 2 year but not 100% certain. Abdul and Higgy are the next two I would like to see getting extensions

Edited by Lindau