McMillan

Mediocre Pundit

Unfortunately the club must be fairly certain to take such a drastic course of action, if Jordan Mcmillan needs help to work out any problems he has then the club should offer that , if the claims are unsubstantiated then I can't see any way back for Jordan as the trust between manager and player has now gone.

Eh? So if it turns out that McMillan has done nothing wrong he is toast? You've lost me.

Unfortunately the club must be fairly certain to take such a drastic course of action, if Jordan Mcmillan needs help to work out any problems he has then the club should offer that , if the claims are unsubstantiated then I can't see any way back for Jordan as the trust between manager and player has now gone.

if the trust had gone he would have already been out the club a couple of weeks back. I could be wrong but the fact he is suspended may be Archie or whoever giving him a chance to sort himself out, get better or whatever

if the trust had gone he would have already been out the club a couple of weeks back. I could be wrong but the fact he is suspended may be Archie or whoever giving him a chance to sort himself out, get better or whatever

I'm not so sure that Mcmillan would have been training for the best part of a month , if he was why would Archie say on the website on a Thursday that the player is unavailable to play on the Saturday due to personal reasons . It sounds like the club knew it was going to hit the media and had to be seen to do something . We don't know for sure when Jordan's suspension from the club actually started , it could have been 3 weeks ago for all we know . If your boss or company suspended you , would you want to work for them again ?

I'm not so sure that Mcmillan would have been training for the best part of a month , if he was why would Archie say on the website on a Thursday that the player is unavailable to play on the Saturday due to personal reasons . It sounds like the club knew it was going to hit the media and had to be seen to do something . We don't know for sure when Jordan's suspension from the club actually started , it could have been 3 weeks ago for all we know . If your boss or company suspended you , would you want to work for them again ?

if I was say an alcoholic or something and the suspension was to help me get my life sorted out or to seek help then i don't see why I wouldn't want to work for them. Paul Paton was suspended hasn't stopped him not wanting to work for his employer again

if I was say an alcoholic or something and the suspension was to help me get my life sorted out or to seek help then i don't see why I wouldn't want to work for them. Paul Paton was suspended hasn't stopped him not wanting to work for his employer again

Think Mcmillan has already went to the PFA to appeal the suspension , so think the circumstances are slightly different .

I'm not sure what the "suspension" actually means. He's getting full pay (without bonuses), so does it mean he must stay away from Firhill, the squad etc?

Yup. Usually means staying away from the workplace until a diciplinary meeting is arranged.

Suspension means an employee is basically not required to attend for work , most often in full pay but not always , whilst an investigation is carried out in to whatever the allegations/issues/events etc are... An investigation is carried out which results in either disciplinary proceedings being started or the employee is re-instated

You can guess by this that this will only happen in serious circumstances and does not happen in the football world very often

My wife works for NHS in HR and suspension on full pay is a common practice. At the end of they day football is a job. If you do wrong you follow the employment law process to protect both parties. I myself was made redundant a while ago and every box had to be ticked with employment lawyers etc while I could not speak to people about it even though it was something that was a pretty straight forward process. First time I had been involved in that type of bureucracy and from my limited knowledge club are giving limited info as it is an internal matter.

Were fans always so demanding of details or has widespread access to the internet and social media fueled their sense of entitlement? It's clear from the statement that the club wishes to keep the details private while it conducts its investigation yet you have people who are happy to potentially damage that process in an effort to satisfy their own curiosity.

• Like 14