Ict Cup Game On Saturday

redandyellowarmy

So since been up he has overseen 3 losses 3 draw and 1 win. Given the opposition (aberdeen, united x 2, celtic, caley, st mirren x2 and killie) it is in line with what we have got really. Not winning any of the last seven is quite some record.

Conclusion: Column is just terrible for everyone.

Edited by read'n'yell

booth is cup tied.

Then I suppose Elliot at left back. Bannigan did OK at left back before we got promoted but has not looked so reliable in the top league in that position. Since Richards-Everton is back, anyone know if he can play fullback? Alternatively we might use him or Balatoni in a back three with O'Donnell and Bannigan wingbacks, Osman/Fraser in the middle and a front 3 of Higgy, Taylor and Lawless. Tough decision for the manager if Stevenson is fit.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Gallacher

O'Donnell --- Frans --- Seaborne --- Booth

Fraser --- Osman

Lawless --- Stevenson --- Higginbotham

Taylor

Fox, Balatoni, Bannigan, Craigen, Elliott, McDaid, Doolan.

Strong lineup, no doubt. I think Bannigan is one of the first names on Archie's teamsheet though and can't see him not playing unless he's injured or suspended. Maybe he'll slip in at LB seeing as Booth can't play? Though I'd probably rather Elliott there.

I can't see how Archie can drop an in form Dools so for me Taylor will start on the bench (unless Dools drops into the Stevo role). Elliot for left back as there is no mention on preview that he is injured and I suspect that it might be Craigen for either Banzo or Fraser, but we'll have to see tomorrow.

IIRC Dools played there in the Hibs game where we won 3-1 last season behind Taylor and we looked like we were going to score every time we went forward, so I wouldn't be averse to doing that tomorrow, especially if Stevo isn't fit/fully fit.

• Like 1

Then I suppose Elliot at left back. Bannigan did OK at left back before we got promoted but has not looked so reliable in the top league in that position. Since Richards-Everton is back, anyone know if he can play fullback? Alternatively we might use him or Balatoni in a back three with O'Donnell and Bannigan wingbacks, Osman/Fraser in the middle and a front 3 of Higgy, Taylor and Lawless. Tough decision for the manager if Stevenson is fit.

I only recall Bannigan playing LB against Motherwell and at Kilmarnock for about half an hour max. Has he played more often in this league? He was beaten for pace at Fir Park but I thought he was fine at Rugby Pk. Could depend on who plays wide right for ICT. Christie has looked relatively comfortable at LB but going forward there could be a bit of imbalance if Higgy plays wide left as usual.

Bannigan had one dodgy spell in left back this season, but outwith that I think he is good there. If we dropped players for having a bad half hour in a game we wouldn't have a team to put out. Actually good Booth is cup tied because it might force Archie to play Banzo LB which means Fraser can play alongside Abdul. Taylor to start (although I think Archie will go with Dools so it doesn't look like Taylor is guaranteed a place).

Gallacher

O'Donnell,, Frans .. Seaborne .. Bannigan

Osman .. Fraser

Lawless .. Stevenson .. Higginbotham

Taylor

Our best 11 players all on the field.

^^^ You're quite right Barney - two games against the QP, there was a pre season 2007 then the 5-4 Challenge Cup a couple of years back - a night never to be forgotten for those who were there and don't suffer from memory loss. I glazed over it without question until you mentioned it - it's kicking in I think... :o

That Queens Park game was genuinely one of the most enjoyable games I've been to.

Other than that, this is a huge chance to progress to a quarter final and hopefully beyond as we seem to have Caley's number this season, and we look to have the strongest squad availiable (minus Booth). I'd go along with ThickasThieves team from the first page, with elliot in at left back (or bannigan if Elliot's unavailable) and Richards-Everton on the bench. If we're winning with time to go I'd like him to get some game time, he got good reviews at Airdrie and I'd like to get another look at him personally. And give McDaid his standard half hour-20 minutes, I think we all sort of know that Higgy will be away but we could have a ready made replacement for him.

Just checked and Scully has had 5 clean sheets in 10 games for us - that's not too bad a record (conceded 10 and scored 27 when he has played). Obviously the opposition has never been great. With Waters and Basalaj, I can't see Scully being back.

If he's as good as Dunfermline fans are suggesting then I'd hope we keep ahold of him. He made STVs 15 players for 2015 list, where Gallacher said he's probably another season off this level. So I'd imagine our plan is to put him to the Championship next season and then have him to call upon the season after.