Ross County

Auld Jag

Imo Saturdays game against Ross County is a must win game.If we win we will be 13pts ahead of County and probably gain points over either St.Mirren or Motherwell or both.After Saturday we have a number of hard games coming up before the split and apart from the away game at County I don't see us getting anything from any of the other away games.This is why I feel Saturday is a must win game.

A win against Ross County and we will probably go back to being 10 points clear of 10th place and moving to 4 points behind 8th place.

Let's face it. Ross County are ******* rotten. They are even worse than St Mirren.

If we can't beat the worst team in the league, at home to all but ensure survival then we should just chuck it.

We must impose ourselves from the start in this game.We must play our best players.Imo Stevo has to start,also find a place for Lawless or start with 2 up front.County played 2 up front against Motherwell but I am sure they will come to Firhill looking to attack us on the break.We cant afford to let them get ahead or it will be like the St.Mirren game.Lets score first and make it like the Hamilton game.3pts on Saturday and imo we are only a couple of wins away from being safe.

• Like 2

We must impose ourselves from the start in this game.We must play our best players.Imo Stevo has to start,also find a place for Lawless or start with 2 up front.County played 2 up front against Motherwell but I am sure they will come to Firhill looking to attack us on the break.We cant afford to let them get ahead or it will be like the St.Mirren game.Lets score first and make it like the Hamilton game.3pts on Saturday and imo we are only a couple of wins away from being safe.

Agreed, but the problem seems to be getting even one win....... doesn't look like it's going to happen.....

We still have a fair gap between us and the other 3 plus a massive swing in goal difference, but this is a must win game. If Dross win it gives them two wins in a row and a bit of momentum. If we get beat, the heads will go down further than they are at the moment. Don't think we will get anything against United so a minimum of 4 is required against County, though who would be surprised if we lost both County games but beat Dundee Und!!

We still have a fair gap between us and the other 3 plus a massive swing in goal difference, but this is a must win game. If Dross win it gives them two wins in a row and a bit of momentum. If we get beat, the heads will go down further than they are at the moment. Don't think we will get anything against United so a minimum of 4 is required against County, though who would be surprised if we lost both County games but beat Dundee Und!!

Me. :)

• Like 1

Let's keep the same defence for a few games for starters.

Despite the gloom we were rarely troubled yesterday, although stewart would have caused more problems than heffernan did.

Gals in goal.

Banzo has been pants, but was more his old self yesterday, especially 1st half. Played with more energy and purpose and got his obligatory booking for a tackle from behind. Keep him in beside osman or fraser.

The decisions all surround our attacking shape and personnel. I'm not sure what is most effective for us right now?

I do know higgy hasn't kicked his arse in months. I'd keep him on the bench.

I'd have stevenson in the team, but that likely means only one of dools or taylor up front supported by stevo and 2 'creators' wide.

Alternatively, let's go direct through the middle and forget wide play. In which case 2 up front with stevo and lawless/mcdaid in behind backed up by banzo/osman.

Given our dreadful crossing, maybe playing directly through the middle (on the deck) can force the game, commit defenders and allow more meaningful shots, whilst opens up the occasional stampeed from SOD and Booth.

Every team expects us to play down the sides, let's surprise someone. Starting with county.

• Like 1

I think yesterday's game made two things clear. We need to play Fraser - he controls games with his passing. We need to play Stevenson as he is now our most creative player.

Other than that, Elliott is too wasteful of possession and never does much worth noting. A solid defence and a creative attack are what we need - get back to how we set up at the start of the year. A clear distinction between defence and attack. Both need to look after themselves.. None of this blended team we are putting out where our forward wingers are more like full backs, it's no wonder we struggle to score. I'd set us out to win:

Gallacher

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne Booth

Osman Fraser

McDaid Stevenson Higginnbotham

Taylor

• Like 4

Gallacher

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne Booth

Osman Fraser

McDaid Stevenson Higginnbotham

Taylor

That would be my team too.

Archie wont drop Banzo though especially since he played better yesterday..I think Archie feels The banzo/Osman pairing is a safe option but in actual fact it leaves us short in midfield with them both sitting too deep . Stevo will get goals from that position too coming into the box late and surely we can at last see Higgy start with Taylor.

I very much doubt Archie will play anything like that team.

This game is massive.Go for the win Arch.

Its my first match of the season (Finally got enough money for flights/hotel) so I desperately hope we win this one. I've only seen us lose once (being several hundred miles away) but that was in that dreadful Ayr United end of season decider in around 1998. I was so hopeful after Gareth Evans got that goal just before half time.

Judging by Jim McIntyre's comments and the surge of optimism the Ross victory over Motherwell at the weekend has created I wonder if a 50-50 split of the points in our 2 games against them in the next fortnight might not be the worst outcome in the world for us - at least it keeps them at arms length and puts the onus on them to claw back the 10 points against other teams (OK we have to play them up there again after the split).

I wonder if Seabourne is fit/available for this one? Got to hope so.

McDaid to start again and one of Higgy/Lawless on the other flank, and must start Stevenson in the centre. Taylor up top. REEEEALLY hoping to see us fly out of the gate and show more hunger than the opposition.

I wonder if Seabourne is fit/available for this one? Got to hope so.

McDaid to start again and one of Higgy/Lawless on the other flank, and must start Stevenson in the centre. Taylor up top. REEEEALLY hoping to see us fly out of the gate and show more hunger than the opposition.

According to Archie Seabourne and Bannigan are struggling!