Celtic Vs Partick Thistle - Wednesday 8 April

jagfox

Got a ticket, not sure if it'll allow a full view of the pitch, but I'm looking forward to the match. Hoping for at least one goal and a committed performance from the lads.

We may have a couple of enforced changes but confidence seems to have returned to the squad and I feel we can put on a good show for the travelling Jags support.

A Saints double tonight would be nice too.

Anyone else going?

FTOF OTIG

• Like 1

I'm going along. Most I'm hoping for is a hard fought game, and that we don't capitulate a la the league cup game. If both Saints could pick up some points tonight that would be wonderful. The main thing is to come out of it with no suspensions or injuries and move on to the far bigger game against Motherwell at the weekend. I'd start Taylor over Doolan for this one regardless of any injury concerns to Doolan, as I feel Taylor is far better suited to chasing the defenders and feeding of the scraps that he'll be given and generally just giving the opposition a hard time than Doolan is which is what we'll no doubt require in this game.

Yip, I am in the main stand using a Sellik mates season ticket along with a few other Sellik supporting mates. Nothing to lose in this game as we got a bonus point on Saturday that few of us expected. If we can keep it even into the 2nd half, things might start getting interesting. Last thing we need is losing an early goal.

I know it's a strange thing to say, but it's not realy an important game. We are not expecting or neading anything from it and, after our performance on Saturday, neither are they. Stange thing to say about a game v Old Firm, but I can't get excited. Just as long as we don't pick up any injuries or suspensions before next weekend, that will do for me.

Edit to add: If we win tomorrow, then I am fully entitled to get excited in hindsight :-)

Edited by Dick Dastardly
  • Like 1

If I was Archie I'd be saying to the team no yellow cards or worse red cards (keep Bannigan on the bench to avoid this), avoid injuries and do not indulge in 50/50 balls. We need a full squad for Saturdays game. I'd rather suffer a hefty defeat with no cards or injuries allowing a full squad than an honourable defeat with players being deprived to play on Saturday against 'what's that smell - Motherwell'.

Not sure if we are a better team than Motherwell. They finished 2nd last season with a number of the same players, and have added Pearson and McDonald. Seem to have got back to their best - but hopefully it's too little too late. Saturday is massive.

We're better than County, Killie and obviously St. Mirren (although we've donated too many points to them this season), I'd say.