New Kits For Next Season

Yellow & Redneck

If you look at it from TTL's point of view you'd want a fairly watertight agreement that precludes us or another company selling merchandise. I'd imagine there'd still be a little latitude for one offs and trivia that sort of thing but nothing more. I doubt if in the case TTL don't and won't supply something or other that we could just go ahead sell it. Worth finding out all the same.

TTL do sell some tat. Just not decent tat. Jigsaws instead of pens? Surely there's more profit in a pen or a keyring than a jigsaw. And I'd imagine there'd be more buyers.

This. I am not really all that interested in a jigsaw, a cushion (!), a bag of sweets (!!) or a generic tartan scarf. The Greaves range of tat (keyrings, bottle-opener keyrings, mugs, even golf balls, which I've kept a box of rather than inevitably losing them all) was very good indeed. The obvious things to stock are mugs, pens, keyrings and a range of casual wear. TTL are struggling badly. To those on the thread pointing out that ebay is currently pretty much the only way to get fun Thistle merchandise - correct.

I hope there is a wide range of Kingsley stuff coming up beyond just the t-shirts - but also some of the above items which, really, all clubs should be selling.

Changing the subject back to new kits. Is there any news on the away kit for this season (colours or launch date) ?

I was told by TTL last Wednesday that it is still a couple of weeks away and they couldn't disclose the colour.

Although I did ask if it was white and they said no.

been thinking about the ttl (and greaves) tat debate, and what extent on influence ptfc board has on ttl (and vice versa), vis a vis contract between them.

while no one on this forum can say what the details of the contract between ptfc and ttl are (apart from the bod members peeping in ..... hiya pals :dancing::tongue2: ), nothing wrong with some guessing and uninformed thoughts.

first, lets rewind to pre greaves days when we did it ourselves. thats strips, kit wear, causal wear, mugs, keyrings, pens, mouse mats, golf balls, and all other general tat. the club had to put it's hand in it's pocket for each item ..... speculate to accumulate, ordering in batches, and only reordering if or when that line was running out or ran out.

then along came greaves ..... a outlet that had owners with an affinity or leaning towards ptfc. they took over everything, strips, kit wear, casual wear and a wide range of tat produced they did. some of the tat was truly awful, but no one can deny the range of tat (as well as clothing) they gave ptfc supporters the option to buy. it's already been discussed and acknowledged in past, the deal was not that beneficial to greaves over the period of the contract. evidenced by the fact they still have (and likely will remain to have) plenty of items left. now, the question is ..... who decided or signed off on items like t-shirts, mugs, cuddly toys, tax discs, and all the rest? my guess is it was greaves choice for any tat range they offered. was it in the contract that, for example, that if ptfc wanted greaves to source and stock any item ptfc chose, greaves would have to do so, and to the quantities ptfc said so for? or were greaves given free reign to choose how much or how little they ordered, or even given free reign to choose how extensive or narrow the ptfc tat range was going to be? and who made that financial commitment, in putting up £x or £y hundreds, or thousands of pounds, for whatever minimum order was required for each item? ptfc, or greaves? but if thistle specifically requested a new item of tat, were greaves contractually bound to source and pay for it, or did they say to ptfc "this is additional to the contract, you'll need to put up the money to order that"? i genuinely don't know, it's only my old mind conjecturing.

look at it another way ..... catering contract ..... ptfc subscontracts it out, contract likely has stipulations that they must sell mince pies, steak pies, crisps, juice ..... perhaps the contract gives the caterer choice (or requirement) to add a minimum or maximum of other items of their choice for sale ..... can thistle in the middle of it, for example, turn round and say we want you to increase your range, but does ptfc put up the extra money for additional items, or is that expected of the catering company? and are they obliged contractually to do whatever ptfc bod tell them? at their initial cost and outlay?

which makes me think back to the greaves, and now the ttl contract ..... how much influence did ptfc have in their favour in the contract with greaves, both at the outset of the contract and what greaves minimum requirements (and range) were, and if ptfc wanted something specific and extra to what the contract encompassed well into the contract length, what were the parameters and legal obligations on greaves ..... and now we are with ttl, the same question has to be asked (or at least guessed about and debated pointlessly, in my head at least if no one else jumps in on this). looking at the evidence of the ttl offerings to date (apart from strips, which is obviously standard in a contract no matter who the outlet or contract is with), the other clothing ranges they have offered to date, and the tat range to date, has been, i think it is acknowledged and agreed by all, much narrower in range and poorer in comparison. so the question is, whose decision or fault is that? who decides what ttl range will be? are they like greaves (where i've assumed they were) given free range on what they did or didn't order, and ptfc had little or no say about it? it all depends on the contract clauses and the like, but from a supporters perspective and impression, it seems that ttl haven't pushed the boat out in their range of thistle related items for sale. and you would have to presume therefore, that they are keeping within their requirements of the contract they have with ptfc. otherwise the club would be (you'd think) entitled to invoke a break clause, or be banging down their door to adhere to the contract requirements.

which leads me to kingsley ..... and the "what if" question i raised a few paragraphs above in my musings about the deal with greaves. so re-asking it with regards to ttl, if thistle specifically requested a new item of tat, are ttl contractually bound to source and pay for it as an initial outlay (and who decides how big or small the order is), or can they say to ptfc "this is additional to the contract, you'll need to put up the money to order that"? now i think everyone would agree with kingsley we have stumbled upon a new range of ptfc related clothing and associated tat that there is a demand for ..... the question is, how much of a demand, and who takes the risk (or is contractually bound to) in the initial outlay? i'd presume it's ttl, but honestly don't know. perhaps there is no requirement for ttl to do anything extra, but the ultimate question is who is expected or required contractually to take that initial financial risk and outlay? and on the flipside, is anything extra (in terms of items offered for sale) to the contract, part and parcel of what ttl get (in gross income) and ptfc get nothing extra (financially), or is anything extra (goods for sale, whether it's kingsley related, or anything in tat options that ptfc decide they want ttl to order, stock and ttl pay for upfront) subject to negotiation (so ptfc get a fair cut), or could ttl in theory turn round and say "no, we're not stocking or ordering or paying for that additional range as it's not in the contract".

questions been asked before ..... how good (or bad) is the contract with ttl? what influence does ptfc have in it, for changes to it? how well, in ptfc's favour, was the contract with ttl negotiated and drawn up by those who represented ptfc?. who is deciding (or contractually obliged for) what range of goods are made available for sale to ptfc supporters?

in summary ..... i've mused long enough, and none the wiser. slow morning here.

as you were.

Some smart new polo shirts, trackie tops etc now on the TTL Partick Thistle page http://www.teamwearscotland.com/category/professional-clubs/partick-thistle/ Glad its my birthday soon :thumbsup:

Hmm, I would say that there is nothing Partick Thistle - absolutely nothing - in that stuff except a badge sewn on.

That certainly won't get any cash out of my wallet.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 3

WTF don't they understand about punters wanting stuff in the team colours? Or is it a bit of a hint about our new away strip colours?

even if they are a hint to new away strip colour or colours, it's not thistle colours.

take off the badge of any of the new ttl range for ptfc, and none of it could be associated with thistle.

if i want a polo or t-shirt in these colours or style, i'd save 50% by buying it without the badge.

the fact is we are getting a range of clothing from ttl that are anti thistle. and that is ridiculous.

give us items which embrace and shout out thistle.

could be predominantly red with some trim, or lines, or flashes or side or shoulder panels in yellow, or black or both

could be predominantly black with some trim, or lines, or flashes or side or shoulder panels in yellow, or red or both

could be predominantly yellow with some trim, or lines, or flashes or side or shoulder panels in red, or black or both

clothing doesn't need to look like a thistle strip, so many variations in styles and design can be achieved, we have two primary colours plus black which works fine as a combo. why give us clothing that look more like man city or airdrie clothing, do ttl and thistle bod really think majority of thistle supporters want clothing that is miles removed from traditional and recognisable thistle colours?.

who is the daftie or dafties that signs off on our clothing ranges?

• Like 1

Thought I'd look back at some of the classic trackie tops etc... to give us ideas of what we COULD have. Most of these pics contain a smiling Mr J Husband. I had to skip out most of the Shell suit era!

Pick your favourites!

2vm6hkx.jpg

I had that one, think I bought it in Greaves lols