Pre-Season Friendlies

Who would you like to see us play pre-season, and where would you like to see us travel?

For selfish reasons I would like to see us play Blyth Spartans again. I have seen them play several times this season, and both the fans and board appreciate the times we have played at Blyth. I also know they are looking for opponents for a testimonial for Robbie Dale who has been at the club since 2005. If this could all be put in place to coincide with the beer festival that ran at the start of their pre-season, I am sure both sets of fans could have a wonderful day out. ( and I would only have to travel 12 miles to a match)

Bolton Wanderers away please

Why Bolton? The stadium is in a dismal location (not even in Bolton, not that that would be a positive).

Carlisle, Preston or Accrington (the Peel Park opposite the original Stanley's ground is a tremendous boozer) would do me - all cheap and easy to get to by train.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Why Bolton? The stadium is in a dismal location (not even in Bolton, not that that would be a positive).

Carlisle, Preston or Accrington (the Peel Park opposite the original Stanley's ground is a tremendous boozer) would do me - all cheap and easy to get to by train.

Selfish reasons really Charlie, got friends there, ok boozer near stadium, Fraser connection and great cheese & potato pies! Also think it might be the best "big" team we could get, Lennon was always complimentary about Thistle. Take your point about stadium being far away from town though.

Watford would be be great! As long as both teams take turns to wear their home strips each half :)

Selfish reasons really Charlie, got friends there, ok boozer near stadium, Fraser connection and great cheese & potato pies! Also think it might be the best "big" team we could get, Lennon was always complimentary about Thistle. Take your point about stadium being far away from town though.

Fair enough, selfish reasons are the best reasons ;). The Brinsop in Westhoughton used to be good but it has gone all food orientated. Agree on the pies, but it's years since I've been.

Edited by Charlie Endell
  • Like 1