Club Statement

Jag

What if you have more than one kid going. I have three who I imagine would like to sit beside me so that's £75 to make sure they are with me.

At the moment I am still trying to convince the wife, and the Bank Manager lol, to go for the monthly payment option.

So the £75 plus the roughly £35 for the first month would be over £100.

Not everybody has that kind of money just lying around to be used on football and some are "struggling for money" to pay for other, and right now, more important things.

Sorry, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, just really gets my goat when folk start telling other folk how to spend their hard earned!!!

:ph34r:

You don't even know if they want to sit beside your usual seat or in the kids section. You're assuming they don't want to sit in the kids section.

As you say, not everyone has that kind of money. And the club are helping these people, with Kids Go Free.

You don't even know if they want to sit beside your usual seat or in the kids section. Not sure if I am picking you up wrong here and apologies if I am but they will be sitting next to my usual seat otherwise they will not be there as far too young to be sitting away from me.

You're assuming they don't want to sit in the kids section. They won't be in the kids section as my eldest child likes the seats we normally sit on so assuming nothing.

As you say, not everyone has that kind of money. And the club are helping these people, with Kids Go Free. My point is folk having a rant about what other folk should be spending their money on and "assuming" they only have one kid going with them as they could obviously only see people having to spend £25. I may be wrong but that is my observation from their post!

Sorry Dragon, I took my points from your opening paragraph where you said you didn't know where they actually wanted to sit. Sorry if I misunderstood....

I have three who I imagine would like to sit beside me so that's £75 to make sure they are with me. Was more of a tongue in cheek kind of statement but doesn't read too well ! lol :lol: . Probably should have stated they were quite young and not old enough to decide not to sit next to dear old pops !

Good on you, dragon, I took my 8 year old nephew to St Mirren a few times when we were away from home. Lucky if he lasted 45 minutes before talking nonsense, playing some computer game or counting aeroplanes taking off from the airport!

Put him in the back garden and he was Andy Dorman scoring goals for fun, put him in a football stadium and he was bored shitless!

My ST will work in at around £100 a game, a choice I made to give Archie cash because I have faith in him. All have the option to bring a kid for free or pay to reserve a seat, same as us adults have the choice to buy a ST or pay at the gate. It's what suits you best, and what you can afford. If you don't want to reserve a seat I'm sure it won't be too difficult to find 4 unoccupied seats together on most match days

It's not just Thistle its the whole system that's wrong. It should capped at £10 for adults an £5 for the rest throughout the full of Scottish fitbaw. In perspective as things are the now I don't think the £25 is that bad a deal. You can still get an adult season ticket an sit whereever ye want with your sons/daughters if you cant get a season ticket for them as they will get in for nothing. Its not ideal but lets face it you wont be hard pushed to get 4 or 5 seats together in the Jackie husband. At the end of the day there are options there and its your choice what you do

This is not just Thistle related but why should pensioners get cheaper prices? It's not Victorian times where retirement = destitution. They are just as poor or wealthy as other sections of society. Loads have paid off mortgages and final salary pensions and will be in a better position than most people under 40 now when they retire.

It's not just Thistle its the whole system that's wrong. It should capped at £10 for adults an £5 for the rest throughout the full of Scottish fitbaw. In perspective as things are the now I don't think the £25 is that bad a deal. You can still get an adult season ticket an sit whereever ye want with your sons/daughters if you cant get a season ticket for them as they will get in for nothing. Its not ideal but lets face it you wont be hard pushed to get 4 or 5 seats together in the Jackie husband. At the end of the day there are options there and its your choice what you do

Cap it at £10 an adult and we have cut our income by 55% compared to a £22 current admission. Would we get an extra 55% adults (over 1000 a week) in to offset that cut??

Up keep of the ground still costs the same

Powering floodlights etc still costs the same

Policing and stewarding still costs the same

So that cut has to come from the players budget, either less quality, part time or probably both.

Poorer squad means worse results and less fans, and the downward spiral continues.

£22 is 2 hours entertainment (hopefully) for an adult and 2 kids (for free)

It's the same price for the cinema for a family

It's the cost of buying a new DVD

It's way cheaper than going to the likes of Xscape

Think we need to get real with the costs and comparisons for what we'd get for a tenner and what how that would affect the club

This is not just Thistle related but why should pensioners get cheaper prices? It's not Victorian times where retirement = destitution. They are just as poor or wealthy as other sections of society. Loads have paid off mortgages and final salary pensions and will be in a better position than most people under 40 now when they retire.

Are you suggesting the Club means tests our senior citizens? Or are you suggesting the Club scraps senior concessions totally? Either way that's totally crass. Maybe kids with wealthy parents should pay full whack?

If you're simply suggesting that not just football but all walks of life should means test senior citizens before allowing any concessions then that's something for different fora. Much as I disagree with that view a football forum isn't the place to discuss that radical notion.

In an email the club told me that the intention of the £25 charge was to prevent people getting season tickets for their kids and not using them and thus leaving prime seats unoccupied. Why, then, allow people to buy a season ticket for the JHS then use it to access the North Stand and leave a prime seat unoccupied? Completely muddled thinking by the club. I don't imagine any other Premiership club allows season ticket holders in one stand to sit in another area. I'm afraid that off-field Partick Thistle are a shambles.

In an email the club told me that the intention of the £25 charge was to prevent people getting season tickets for their kids and not using them and thus leaving prime seats unoccupied. Why, then, allow people to buy a season ticket for the JHS then use it to access the North Stand and leave a prime seat unoccupied? Completely muddled thinking by the club. I don't imagine any other Premiership club allows season ticket holders in one stand to sit in another area. I'm afraid that off-field Partick Thistle are a shambles.

The difference is the prime seats are paid for by adults even if they don't use them. It is difficult to come up with seats together for prospective new ticket holders due to free child tickets. This is a sensible solution - kids can still get a free season ticket which is for a specific area - if you want a prime seat it's still only about £1.20 per game - or the likelihood is you can sit in an unreserved area for almost every game, maybe bar a couple. I'm proud that PTFC is still the leading club in Scotland for looking after its young supporters, nowhere else matches us

Edited by michael m
  • Like 1

It's clear from this thread that people aren't happy that kids only go free in a certain section of the ground - should probably just scrap the whole thing to be honest...

Just to be clear, kids go free anywhere they're allowed unless they want to reserve a seat.

The difference is the prime seats are paid for by adults even if they don't use them.

The difference is that one club policy assumes the ground will be full and the other that the ground will not be full i.e. the £25 fee is there to discourage not using a much needed seat yet an adult season ticket entitles you to effectively occupy two seats.

It is difficult to come up with seats together for prospective new ticket holders due to free child tickets.

Is it? Really?

I'm proud that PTFC is still the leading club in Scotland for looking after its young supporters, nowhere else matches us

Not according to research done by La Scimmia Rossa which I have not seen refuted anywhere.

You'd have lost that bet then.

Kids go Free has been eroded. Last season it was Kids go Free unless you want to sit in a specific seat. Now it's kids go free if you want to sit in the pissing rain. This despite the fact that stadium lies 3/4 empty.

Meanwhile, other clubs have caught up.

Dundee Utd offer a 20 quid ticket. Hamilton offer two free u18 tickets with an adult ticket. Motherwell offer the same.

St Johnstone is free of charge for u12. Dundee is 18 quid for U12

So when you do a like for like comparison for kids with their own seat, the Partick Thistle offer isn't actually that competitive.

Summer football is the way forward. 100%. The biggest turn off is the weather. The pitches are rotten, grass doesn't grow. Id guarantee that attendences would improve then, no need for floodlights etc also. Shirt sales would rocket. Most people would like to go wearing there short sleeved colours instead of under 3 layers of woolly jumpers. As I said the whole system needs looked at. A good point raised oot of norgethistle's post is the pricing of other things like the cinema etc. But would it be enjoyable if u were to watch it on a big screen ootside on a cold, wet December afternoon? Get the basics right and it can only get better

• Members

So maybe the compromise for the kids ST dilemma faced by the Club and many here is to provide reserved kids seats for free in a certain part of the Stadium. e.g. The Kids section. If the parent wants them to sit in any other part of the ground with them, then it's £25.

• Like 1

I'm a pay-at-the-gate customer so I don't know too much about season tickets, but on the kids reservation fee: this isn't even a completely new thing. It was £30 to reserve a seat for an U16 back in 2009/10.

I think the whole thing is pretty sensible - £0 for a season ticket in the Kids section. £25 for a season ticket elsewhere (better location). And if you don't want to pay that, then it's £0 to not bother with a season ticket for the wee one and just take him as a PATG customer without actually needing to pay.

What you're actually looking for is two, three or four seats of your choice for £308. I think it's right that you pay a little extra to reserve those extra seats.

That's my own view.

Edited by ThickAsThieves
  • Like 5

I'm a pay-at-the-gate customer so I don't know too much about season tickets, but on the kids reservation fee: this isn't even a completely new thing. It was £30 to reserve a seat for an U16 back in 2009/10.

I think the whole thing is pretty sensible - £0 for a season ticket in the Kids section. £25 for a season ticket elsewhere (better location). And if you don't want to pay that, then it's £0 to not bother with a season ticket for the wee one and just take him as a PATG customer without actually needing to pay.

What you're actually looking for is two, three or four seats of your choice for £308. I think it's right that you pay a little extra to reserve those extra seats.

That's my own view.

Alternatively, if like me you don't get to that many games, while getting free tickets for the kids buy one for yourself and don't bother with a season ticket. Precisely the scenario I wanted to avoid this season. When we don't fill the stadium and don't have that many season ticket holders, it seems absurd that the club are prepared to see this happen.