Relying On Motherwell

the saint

Very little good news to take if they get promoted only thing is a little more money but nothing else and can't help feel our board are secretly hoping that they do get promoted.

Interesting a sevco fan on my street says he and a lot of fans will be boycotting many away games at grounds like Dundee united, Aberdeen, st Johnstone as they were in spl when the team called rangers folded. Dundee, partick thistle and killie won't be boycotted. Ain't that awfully good of them haha. What the sevco fans forget is that they still have 2 tough games against Motherwell and aren't promoted yet.

In many ways Motherwell have dodged the relegation bullet by hook or by crook so often that they might deserve to go down.

It could be asked if they are they a fit-and-proper club to stay in the division? Oh wait a minute - that criteria doesn't apply in Scottish football does it?

Edited by JeanieD

Motherwell are a poor side, hence why they are clear 2nd bottom of the league. Was in the Electric after the game yesterday and even the most diehard Well fans think they have little chance over the two legs. Hope I am wrong, but I agree with them.

Just as an aside and what we can maybe prepare for next season if Sevco come up, the Electric Bar which has a regular clientele of about 70 % Well fans and 30% Sevco fans are closing for the day next Sunday at 15.00 on Police advice. Police have been tipped off that if Sevco don't go up next Sunday, there will be plenty of trouble after the match and they are advising pubs,close to the ground, to close their doors.

Motherwell are a poor side, hence why they are clear 2nd bottom of the league. Was in the Electric after the game yesterday and even the most diehard Well fans think they have little chance over the two legs. Hope I am wrong, but I agree with them.

Just as an aside and what we can maybe prepare for next season if Sevco come up, the Electric Bar which has a regular clientele of about 70 % Well fans and 30% Sevco fans are closing for the day next Sunday at 15.00 on Police advice. Police have been tipped off that if Sevco don't go up next Sunday, there will be plenty of trouble after the match and they are advising pubs,close to the ground, to close their doors.

And this is why it is so important sevco is returned to the top league. We're missing this kind of thing with them absent.

• Like 2

And this is why it is so important sevco is returned to the top league. We're missing this kind of thing with them absent.

Sunday would have been one of the biggest pay days in the bars history according to the manager last night, considering the clientele of that bar, but the owner is taking no chances giving the severity of the warning from the Police! They really are scum and anyone that says it's a minority of religious bigots that follow them, just listen to the amount that were belting out the usual party tunes on Wednesday night.

I've got a sneaky feeling that Motherwell might do it.

I know that the team we played on Saturday was far from the team that will start against The Rangers but Motherwell have looked pretty awful every time we have played them this season. Even when they beat us.

I really hope you're right but they will have to play well above the level they have been to do it.

Good to see Motherwell refusing to bow down to Sevco. Apparently they'd asked for 2000 tickets for the game at Ibrox, and in return would have given them the full south stand (+/- 4500) for the return leg. No, you're only getting 950 is the reply from Ibrox, so Motherwell then respond by giving them 1500 & tightening up on who can buy for the home end.

Slightly different to Thistle's policy of inconvenience your own supporters when the Ibrox/ Parkhead hordes come calling.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/05/25/play-off-final-ticket-arrangements/

Edited by German Jag

Good to see Motherwell refusing to bow down to Sevco. Apparently they'd asked for 2000 tickets for the game at Ibrox, and in return would have given them the full south stand (+/- 4500) for the return leg. No, you're only getting 950 is the reply from Ibrox, so Motherwell then respond by giving them 1500 & tightening up on who can buy for the home end. Slightly different to Thistle's policy of inconvenience your own supporters when the Ibrox/ Parkhead hordes come calling. http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/05/25/play-off-final-ticket-arrangements/

Much as I'd like Thistle to get into a financial position where we can ignore the OF turnout at Firhill, I have to say it's a different situation. We need the extra money to make up for a shortfall in attendance. We don't have to worry about relegation for the moment. Any amount of extra money Motherwell would make by letting more hunnish hordes in will not make up for a lack of top flight football next season. They've seen no doubt the advantage of a huge home crowd (pelting the opposition with coins, etc.) gives the bluenoses and are making sure they don't give them the same advantage on their on home ground.

Re the game itself Motherwell's problems this season seem to have been mostly in defence. If they can tighten that up and have a go at them they could be in with a shout. MacDonald and Ainsworth can be dangerous - and The Rangers defence is no great shakes. If they sit back and try to hold them they'll get well beat.

Edited by Mr Bunny

If Motherwell play to their potential there's no reason they'll not retain their top flight status. On the other hand if the Championship side can hold their nerve and if the officials perform their allotted roles then maybe, just maybe the club fro Govan might just secure promotion to the Premiership for the very first time!

Edited by stillresigned

Unfortunately I think Motherwell will bottle it. At times this season they have shown a glimpse of what they were capable of under Stuart McCall. A 5-0 hammering of Hamilton Accies was a game they were total dominant. But for them that has been the exception to the rule, and for most of the season they been rotten, with surely one of the worst defences I have ever seen at this level.

Much as I'd like Thistle to get into a financial position where we can ignore the OF turnout at Firhill, I have to say it's a different situation. We need the extra money to make up for a shortfall in attendance. We don't have to worry about relegation for the moment. Any amount of extra money Motherwell would make by letting more hunnish hordes in will not make up for a lack of top flight football next season. They've seen no doubt the advantage of a huge home crowd (pelting the opposition with coins, etc.) gives the bluenoses and are making sure they don't give them the same advantage on their on home ground.

I think that the premise that the attendances in 13/14 would repeat in 14/15 was false. I know it is easy to say in hindsight - but a little bit of thought at the time would have concluded Celtic,Aberdeen,Hearts and Hibs visiting twice in th same season would skew the "normal". If this pattern is going to continue, we should really think about a 2 year budgetting cycle.

oh dear. is the dummy back in the pram yet i wonder? meltdown.com

while motherwell won't lie down to sevco, the fear is they will give the gruesome govan mob too much respect and not be up for the battle, just look at their record when they played the basturd incarnation before they died and spawned the zombie tribute act.

the outcome for me is a virtual foregone conclusion ..... between motherwells ineptness defensively, the squeakybum and pressure of the occasion, and the 15 v 11 (or likely less), motherwell are already in the championship in all but name. prove me wrong lanarkshires wee team, go on, i dare you, please?

Edited by yoda-jag

In the event that the hellish hunoids make their Premier League debut next term, they should incur a 10 point deduction just for being absolutely horrible.

A further 1 point deduction for each rendition of the dirge which rhymes with squandered cash, and they could be Championship bound before Hogmanay.

Monni 'Well.

I think that the premise that the attendances in 13/14 would repeat in 14/15 was false. I know it is easy to say in hindsight - but a little bit of thought at the time would have concluded Celtic,Aberdeen,Hearts and Hibs visiting twice in th same season would skew the "normal". If this pattern is going to continue, we should really think about a 2 year budgetting cycle.

Yes that's a good point. Hope someone on the board is reading.