Sevco Cast Offs

angry gaz

Any of them worth a punt? I think probably not although Hutton should have became a far better player.

"Dave King has confirmed that Lee McCulloch, Kris Boyd, Bilel Mohsni, Ian Black, Stevie Smith, Jon Daly, Richard Foster, Kyle Hutton, Steve Simonson, Lee Robinson and Sebastian Faure have all left Rangers".

they are all pretty much dung, but that's probably The Rangers fault. I think Foster could be worth a go but all of their wages will be 10 times what we can pay so we've pretty much no chance with any of them. I can see Killie re-signing Boyd and Hearts re-signing Black.

• Like 1

I've heard it said from a couple of sevcovians that Hutton requires better coaching and could still make it. Guessing that he's still got a better attitude than the others. Plays in a position we have no urgency to cover.

I thought he played really well when he was at Thistle, probably playing in a style that suited him, as you say with Osman, Bannigan,Fraser and possibly Welsh in that position we have no need for him, or the need for another guy who is always injured.

Lee McCulloch - Hell no.

Kris Boyd - Can't get over how much he regressed after such a good season with Killie. Leaning more towards no but reckon he will go back to Killie and go back to banging them in...

Bilel Mohsni - Hell no.

Ian Black - Hell no.

Stevie Smith - No.

John Daly - No.

Richard Foster - No.

Kyle Hutton - No.

Steve Simonsen - No.

Lee Robinson - No.

Sebastian Faure - No.

That was easier than I thought it'd be.

• Like 1

The only one that might be of interest is Foster, as we need a replacement for SOD. He's not as athletic, but when I've seen him he seems to get up & down the park quite well & is reasonably comfortable on the ball. Wages will be a problem, but all of them will need to realise they were basically overpaid failures and will need to be realistic elsewhere

The only one that might be of interest is Foster, as we need a replacement for SOD. He's not as athletic, but when I've seen him he seems to get up & down the park quite well & is reasonably comfortable on the ball. Wages will be a problem, but all of them will need to realise they were basically overpaid failures and will need to be realistic elsewhere

Was he not completely dead on his feet well before the end of the game at Fir Park? Seem to mind it being commented on.

Was he not completely dead on his feet well before the end of the game at Fir Park? Seem to mind it being commented on.

possibly, but I think he'd been out injured for a while and only came back at the play offs. It was only a suggestion as we'll need a new RB

possibly, but I think he'd been out injured for a while and only came back at the play offs. It was only a suggestion as we'll need a new RB

SOD's going to be very difficult to replace from the pace, stamina and attacking point of view. Not one of Archie's bigger challenges bringing in a right back that can match SOD defensively. Might be forced to go for a conventional RB and interchange with Christie as and when. Shame as we had that RB with McMillan.

SOD's going to be very difficult to replace from the pace, stamina and attacking point of view. Not one of Archie's bigger challenges bringing in a right back that can match SOD defensively. Might be forced to go for a conventional RB and interchange with Christie as and when. Shame as we had that RB with McMillan.

Still think, certainly initially, that Christie will be handed the right back duties

None of them. They have come from a culture of acceptable failure - probably the most expensive group of duds in the history of scottish football. Some of the younger players will probably never recover from their time at Ibrox and the older ones are to blame for the culture of indifference that was allowed to fester throughout that place.

Don't want that kind of attitude at Firhill.

None of them. They have come from a culture of acceptable failure - probably the most expensive group of duds in the history of scottish football. Some of the younger players will probably never recover from their time at Ibrox and the older ones are to blame for the culture of indifference that was allowed to fester throughout that place. Don't want that kind of attitude at Firhill.

Good points and I think Kris Boyd is an example of that culture - great goal scoring talent but a bit lazy and when he moved to Ibrox that allowed to stay part of his make up in fact became worse. Didn't matter when Rangers were spending OPM to build a big squad and could have ten guys doing the work for him to bang in goals (but he didn't do so well in Europe).

What shocked me was the season before last he showed he could work - he lost weight and became a key player for Killie, the main reason why they stayed up. Then back to Ibrox and with McCoist as manager he became fat and lazy again. Some guys are strong enough to resist this kind of thing - look at Naismith who realised his best option was to walk away and go to a proper club with a real challenge - but others need to be with the right club and the right manager to make the most of their talent. Rangers have been a grave for promising players for years now.

They wouldn't improve our team one jot. They finished a distant third in the tier below us, going on to get annihilated and thoroughly outclassed by a side who we finished more than comfortably above.

I struggle to see how it can ever be plausibly argued that sevco players are anything other than mediocre at best, and rotten at worst. Even their own fans generally agree on this; the vast majority of them anyway.