Nightmare 11

partick monkey

Just to prove that the foundations of our current squad is an embarrassment of riches in comparison to squads of the past, out of sheer boredom I have compiled a squad from my hazy memory that would give any Jags fan nightmares.

I'm sure there are players I'm omitting that have been so bad I've scratched them from my memory but these are the cart-horses, has -beens, and duds that stick out most for me.

Also it may be obvious to some that I only started going to Firhill around 2002...

Bryn Halliwell

Paton* Piccallo Madaschi Kev McKinley

Chappie Fulton Kerr Bonnes

J Hamilton S Lennon

*C'mon, he was utter shite at right back.

Just to prove that the foundations of our current squad is an embarrassment of riches in comparison to squads of the past, out of sheer boredom I have compiled a squad from my hazy memory that would give any Jags fan nightmares. I'm sure there are players I'm omitting that have been so bad I've scratched them from my memory but these are the cart-horses, has -beens, and duds that stick out most for me. Also it may be obvious to some that I only started going to Firhill around 2002... Bryn Halliwell Paton* Piccallo Madaschi Kev McKinley Chappie Fulton Kerr Bonnes J Hamilton S Lennon *C'mon, he was utter shite at right back.

Paton and Chaplain really don't deserve to be in a nightmare 11...

Edited by JesusTejero

Mine would have to include the likes of Leigh Hinds, Billy Abercrombie, Mark McWalter, Brian Gallagher, Joe Sweeney, Jim Slavin, Tommy Bryce, Iain Ross, Graham Connell, Brian Scrimegour, Ally Graham..

I actually don't want to continue, I feel sick.

Budinauskas (ruined Lambies last game)

Anis Slavin Murray© I.Ross

McLaren Fulton Brady Bonnes

Thomson Hinds

Subs

Cadete

Medaschi

Halliwell

One

A.Ross

Murray's final season was an abomination but he actually had a decent first season with us (won POTY I think, although there wasn't much competition that year...).

Also harsh on Kevin Budd - he had one sensational season when he kept Arthur out the whole year (and then signed for the Gypos...).

Edited by JesusTejero

Probably worse than Murray but he captained us to back to back relegations so he captains the nightmare 11

Couldnt think of a goalie since I only remember as far back as Craig Nelson, I know Bud was not bad but that spill versus United on Lambies last game was a sore one.

With Gingerjag re Grant Murray. We've had much worse centre backs but I'd sacrifice a Mark McChrystal or a plethora of other duds to include Murray. Any nightmare XI needs a captain and Murray's complete lack of leadership qualities would be integral to the team's success at being utterly horrendous.

I think Colin Stewart would be fine in goals. During his time at Firhill he managed to establish a complete lack of understanding with his defenders. With each passing game that understanding appeared to worsen. No mean achievement.

• Like 1

Trying to include folk that played a few games and ranking the guys relative to the level they were supposed to be at. Keeping it relatively recent as well, there's a few names from my childhood like Purdie and McWalter that stand out but they're not so fresh in the memory.

Mikkelsen

Anis

Brannigan

Murray

McKeown

Brady

McBride

Fulton

Kilgannon

Scott Miller

Hinds

edit: had to find a place for Sean Kilgannon, took out Bonnes, tough call.

Edited by Ancipital

Just to prove that the foundations of our current squad is an embarrassment of riches in comparison to squads of the past, out of sheer boredom I have compiled a squad from my hazy memory that would give any Jags fan nightmares.

I'm sure there are players I'm omitting that have been so bad I've scratched them from my memory but these are the cart-horses, has -beens, and duds that stick out most for me.

Also it may be obvious to some that I only started going to Firhill around 2002...

Bryn Halliwell

Paton* Piccallo Madaschi Kev McKinley

Chappie Fulton Kerr Bonnes

J Hamilton S Lennon

*C'mon, he was utter shite at right back.

If that's the worst Thistle eleven you've seen, count yourself bloody lucky.

• Like 2

Graham Connell was the first name in my mind. The front three proposed by thick as thieves are pretty awful too. I'd say that they actually keep McConalogue out of the eleven as though he was dreadful, the few goals he scored seemed to be decent strikes. At the back it's definitely a straight shoot out between Halliwell and Colin not the best footballer in his house Stewart. I have no memory of our defense from my first few years going to games starting in 1997, that's probably a good thing with it being our poorest team in history.

Hard to remember them all I get counselling every summer to try and wipe them out!

From what I can remember

GK: Graeme Smith

Grant Murray

Gus Caeser (45 of the worst minutes I've ever seen)

Kenny Brannigan

Sandy Hodge

JP McBride

Brian Hamilton

Darren Brady

Sean Kilgannon

Bonnes

Paul Keegan

So many players missing out who would easily slot into this team, basically any signing Dick Campbell or Gerry Collins made. I also remember some guy called Eddie McGuinness, don't know if he was any good, but even his name makes him sound pure shecht.

graeme smith

george rowe

jim slavin

kevin mcgowne

adam strachan

stevie fulton

andy ross

jose quitongo

john mcgoldrick

john baird

john gemmell

vs

in a 2-4-4 formation

jakup mikkelsen

john kane

jean yves anis

derek young

peter hetherston

brown ferguson

martin grehan

lucas akins

alan russell

billy dodds

Tommy stewart

graeme smith

george rowe

jim slavin

kevin mcgowne

adam strachan

stevie fulton

andy ross

jose quitongo

john mcgoldrick

john baird

john gemmell

vs

in a 2-4-4 formation

jakup mikkelsen

john kane

jean yves anis

derek young

peter hetherston

brown ferguson

martin grehan

lucas akins

alan russell

billy dodds

Tommy stewart

jesus christ i forgot about akins russell, was going to put john gemmell in mine and forgot. woeful man, dunno whether to laugh or cry