V Hamilton

DublinMagyar

What part of this message from Firhill didn't you ( or whoever gave you the link) understand?

"Tomorrow’s trial is predominately based around assessing our bandwidth capacity and what limits, if any, we have on our connection. There is, therefore, a small risk that after X amount of listeners we won’t be able to accommodate any more. This is something we can’t plan for at the moment because we simply don’t know. I’d also ask that you don’t share the streaming information as we don’t want the connection to be completely overwhelmed."

Edited to add - didn't notice that Twinny had already pulled you up on it!.

Wasn't on the email that I got today. Never got an email yesterday. If I had, I wouldn't have shared it.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I hope I haven't ruined your day. I know some people like to feel special and if I took any of that feeling of exclusivity away from you, I really do apologise. I probably won't sleep tonight now.

Anyway, the link worked very well for me & I'm grateful that the club are doing these things. Fingers crossed it can continue and made available to all and not just the internet polis.

• Like 4

Wasn't on the email that I got today. Never got an email yesterday. If I had, I wouldn't have shared it.

Please accept my sincere apologies. I hope I haven't ruined your day. I know some people like to feel special and if I took any of that feeling of exclusivity away from you, I really do apologise. I probably won't sleep tonight now.

Anyway, the link worked very well for me & I'm grateful that the club are doing these things. Fingers crossed it can continue and made available to all and not just the internet polis.

Lol!

Calm down mate. It isn't any of us trying to be the internet police (I could have removed your post if I wanted to by the way), but in fact informing you of what the club had requested. It really doesn't matter though as it worked well, just hopefully those who used the link can feed the information requested back to Shuggie/Graham.

Great battling display, Cerny MotM, Lindsay and Hendry solid as a rock.

Game ruined by soft dismissal, 2 fouls yes, no question, but Frans was extremely unlucky to get sent off for those 2 fouls.

Be great to have Lawless back, get big Christie in amongst it to.

I'd start the 2 boys next week even if Seabo is fit, they earned it after today. Be a great experience for them to play against Celtic, be great for their development

Tough to assess us after that as it was really a backs to the wall job. We didn't start too brightly and the first booking for Frans was soft, second one probably was a yellow but thought the ref could've just had a word at that point - think it was only his 3rd foul.

Of the new signings, Cerny was very good and made at least one excellent save. Came to the edge of his box for a few difficult balls too, something Fox was always hesitant about doing. Amoo didn't impress at all, hopefully he can kick on soon. Liked Miller - strong in the tackle. Welsh looked fairly decent, he is like a new signing after all...

You don't want to put too much pressure on Lindsay and Hendry but they look the real deal. I know it's Celtic next week and so Seaborne will probably come in for Frans if he's fit - but these two guys should be very proud of their performances today. No qualms about them getting a lot of game time this season.

Not sure how exactly how much the pitch played a part today (in terms of giving Hamilton an advantage), but particularly in the first half it seemed that we struggled with it. It looked like a lot of our players had trouble keeping their feet and judging the (fast) run of the ball.

I don't think the rain just before and at the start helped. It seemed a bit better in the second half maybe because the pitch had dried out.

That said, Hamilton were the better team before Frans was sent off. We couldn't handle their pace or passing and I though Crawford controlled the first half for them. They passed quicker, were quicker in the tackle, closed us down quickly and we just couldn't seem to keep the ball to build anything.

Cerny, Hendry and Lyndsay were good. I also though Booth and Miller had reasonable games. Abdul came into a half-decent game (after struggling to get out of Crawford's pocket in the first half), Bannigan looked wasted on the left from a creative perspective, but put in a few good tackles, Welsh worked hard but struggled and also had a few wayward passes. Amoo was pretty anonymous, Stevenson didn't get long on the pitch but also was a bit wayward when on, Dools ran his socks off, but was on his own. I thought McDaid and Wilson did OK when they came on, but we were just holding on.

It's too early to tell how we'll do, but we definitely need to learn a lesson today - move the ball quicker, create options for the man on the ball and close the opposition down quicker.

The one thing that struck me about the change from last year is our lack of width provided by our full-backs. Hamilton had that and we didn't, we looked way too narrow.

• Like 1

Calm down mate. It isn't any of us trying to be the internet police (I could have removed your post if I wanted to by the way), but in fact informing you of what the club had requested. It really doesn't matter though as it worked well, just hopefully those who used the link can feed the information requested back to Shuggie/Graham.

Don't worry, I'm very calm, just take issue to some one starting his reply to my post, which was an innocent mistake as I didn't receive the initial email, in a pseudo aggressive manner with 'What part of this message from Firhill didn't you (or whoever gave you the link) understand?'

Seriously? You already said, and I had replied saying I didn't know. You dealt with it politely, this gentleman didn't - 'haw you, you lookin' at ma burd?' - pretty much that kind of reaction which is way OTT and, in my humble opinion, pathetic.

Manners cost nothing you know...

• Like 1

​Positives out weigh the negatives today , great commitment and effort to get a good away point and as everybody else has said , Lindsay, Hendry and Thomas the cat were terrific.

I thought we were looking pretty comfortable up to Welsh went off and then it seemed no one in the team could pass to their own teammates.

With Amoo, Stevo, Welsh off and Lawless missing we had zero creativity which resulted in us hoofing the ball away too much when with a bit of thought we could have gotten the ball to feet.

Nevertheless , real dig and fight from a lot of young Jags today and they deserved the ovation from the excellent big away support today.

Very soft bookings for Frans by ref who was more inconsistent that that sh1tey horrible plastic pitch of theirs. Im hoping once we get Lawless and a couple of others in and back on a grass pitch we might looking at a good season.

Sean Welsh just oozes class, some quality moments and if he continues to stay fit will be a massive asset. The sending off was a joke, especially the second yellow which only seemed to come about when the Hamilton players started having a tantrum. Very good performance by the back 4, big Lindsay looked like he had been in the team for years and the save by Cerny was pretty biblical. Truly bizarre scenes at half time

• Like 2

Don't worry, I'm very calm, just take issue to some one starting his reply to my post, which was an innocent mistake as I didn't receive the initial email, in a pseudo aggressive manner with 'What part of this message from Firhill didn't you (or whoever gave you the link) understand?'

Seriously? You already said, and I had replied saying I didn't know. You dealt with it politely, this gentleman didn't - 'haw you, you lookin' at ma burd?' - pretty much that kind of reaction which is way OTT and, in my humble opinion, pathetic.

Manners cost nothing you know...

Sorry, but was just really annoyed when I saw the share, having received the request to keep schtoom from Firhill. There's so much criticism of TAG (much of it rightly), that when they do trial something and someone has possibly jeopardised that by doing something they were specifically asked not to, it did piss me off and I got on my high horse.

However it does look to have been very successful and the world didn't come crashing down. I have no desire to be part of any exclusive in crowd for these broadcasts - I want them as a permanent feature of TAG, regardless of level of membership. And, yes, if we want this, we need to pay for it.

Happy to apologise to GPT and anyone else that thought I was ott, but I do hope folks can understand my initial annoyance.

• Like 1

Sorry, but was just really annoyed when I saw the share, having received the request to keep schtoom from Firhill. There's so much criticism of TAG (much of it rightly), that when they do trial something and someone has possibly jeopardised that by doing something they were specifically asked not to, it did piss me off and I got on my high horse.

However it does look to have been very successful and the world didn't come crashing down. I have no desire to be part of any exclusive in crowd for these broadcasts - I want them as a permanent feature of TAG, regardless of level of membership. And, yes, if we want this, we need to pay for it.

Happy to apologise to GPT and anyone else that thought I was ott, but I do hope folks can understand my initial annoyance.

Totally understand the initial annoyance, but there's ways of dealing with things like Twinny did. It was an honest mistake & I 'didn't receive the memo' as they say. Last time I bother sharing anything here in case someone has to climb up on their horse.

Worked well for me and apparently about 60 others in total I believe.

I'm happy to support this both in terms of using it & financially. I live overseas at the moment & it was great to be able to hear the singing etc (even eavesdrop on some HT 'banter') - all that was lacking was the joy of a Jags goal.

Positive result in trying conditions - 10 men, awful pitch, no Lawless, 25 mins of Stevenson, 2 young CBs for most of the game - should help build a bit of confidence going into the next few games. AND, if the rumours are true about a promising striker & a goalscoring midfielder joining soon, I'll be absolutely thrilled.

Sean Welsh just oozes class, some quality moments and if he continues to stay fit will be a massive asset. The sending off was a joke, especially the second yellow which only seemed to come about when the Hamilton players started having a tantrum. Very good performance by the back 4, big Lindsay looked like he had been in the team for years and the save by Cerny was pretty biblical. Truly bizarre scenes at half time

Much as I saw it tho' I was unaware of the "bizarre scenes".

The referee should've taken more heed of the state of the pitch in the first half especially in the early stages. Just about every outfield player had slipped and the ball wasn't running on the wet surface. Yet he appeared to be oblivious of how the conditions were affecting play.

We all ask for consistency from refs and if Frans was worthy of two yellows there should've been many more in the first half hour alone. Anyway happy to get away with a point after the red card, something I've rarely seen us do over recent years. We held out at Dens last year but that was for less than half the time. The big plusses for me, apart from Cerny's saves, were the performances of Hendry and Lindsay. All the more remarkable due to the near constant pressure they were under and for once Big Abdul was way off the pace and didn't offer much protection.

• Like 1

Just in from the Comedy night at Hamiltons social club. Actually wondered if the ref was going to be top of the bill. Fred had two tackles, yes both were fouls, but a sending off.....gimme a break. Delighted with the result, though we were hanging on for dear life in the last 10. Plenty of positives. Cerny MOTM. Lindsay and Hendry were brilliant....I would throw them in v Celtic, even if Seabiscuit is fit. Welsh looked good. Negatives. Osman was poor, Bannigan is not suited playing wide, Doolan was isolated and Amoo didn't do a helluva lot. Today is maybe not the day to say it (again!!) considering it was a backs to the wall performance, but we really do need a presence up front.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Would have settled for a point before the game after the sending off I would have bit your hand off for it.

The positives are we never looked like conceding poor Hamilton team or good defensive performance only time will tell. The two young centre halves were excellent if they are the early signs of the youth development we will be ok.

Clear negative is we created next to nothing even before the sending off we need to improve in that dept otherwise it will be a long hard season.

I thought that the two centre backs were immense. Just out of curiosity I wonder what age the Hansen brothers were when they were first introduced to the first team, all these years ago?

I do not think it is too ridiculous to suggest that their performance was up there with the best.

If your good enough, your old enough.

As has been said the two youngsters dealt very well with a last 10 minutes bombardment and both were more composed than most of us in the stand. A couple of their sidesteps to walk the ball out and floor that fat roaster Nade were utterly Scott Patterson-esque. I also thought Wilson gave our midfield an out ball when they were starting to sit far too deep, he reminds me of hardie but more pace.

The whole team dug in but last mention to Cerny, I was right in line behind the shot from "that save" and it was a goal 9 out of 10 times. Unbelievable save.

• Like 1

Anyone know what happened at half time? We were sitting at the opposite end from the stand where the Accies fans were but there seemed to be a right rammy with some fans at half time, resulting in quite a heavy police and steward presence

Edited by Lindau