Crisis Time ?

javeajag

• 2 weeks later...

There have been numerous spells of 3 consecutive league games without a goal and at least 2 occasions of 4 games - Nov-Dec 2004 and Mar-Apr 2010. The latter actually ended a run of 2 goals in 9 consecutive games - 3 blanks, 2 goals and 5 blanks.

Let's hope it doesn't come to it but blanks against Ross County and Motherwell would equal 5 but it would most likely be the worst ever since it would be 2 goals in 10 consecutive league matches - 4 blanks, 2 goals and 5 blanks. The first of that sequence was the last game of 2014-15.

Think the next 3 games before the next international break the key.

As it stands, Ross Co & Motherwell are 2 teams we would consider (on paper) not to have a better starting 11 than us. They're also teams that you'd expect to be in bottom 6. If ,still a big IF I know) we lose both then the DU game at Firhill becomes it.

I think if we are winless by then, then a change of manager has to come.

He's beginning to sound like his friend at DU by saying we were 'unlucky' & hinting we're going to give someone a going over soon.

This wasn't a good Dundee team but their manager proactive, changed their system & won the points despite us having the maj of the ball & better chances.

As I said, next 3 weeks crucial. We're on the verge of crisis time but not quite there - yet.

Think the next 3 games before the next international break the key.

As it stands, Ross Co & Motherwell are 2 teams we would consider (on paper) not to have a better starting 11 than us. They're also teams that you'd expect to be in bottom 6. If ,still a big IF I know) we lose both then the DU game at Firhill becomes it.

I think if we are winless by then, then a change of manager has to come.

He's beginning to sound like his friend at DU by saying we were 'unlucky' & hinting we're going to give someone a going over soon.

This wasn't a good Dundee team but their manager proactive, changed their system & won the points despite us having the maj of the ball & better chances.

As I said, next 3 weeks crucial. We're on the verge of crisis time but not quite there - yet.

Do you disagree? A team that hits the woodwork 3 times in the one game and gets beat 1-0 isn't unlucky?

I'd have thought that's the definition of unlucky!

• Like 2

I'm starting to see similarities between this season and the last time we got relegated from the top division- half the team leaving, some going to teams that finished below us in the same league last season, and a horrendous long winless start to the season. Dingwall is somewhere we normally do not too badly so hopefully we can fluke a win from somewhere.

Unlucky is being shat on by a pigeon when your in a crowd of people.

Passing up 3 very good chances to score isn't bad luck, it's a tired excuse for a lack of ability.

Remember when you started the season as a reasoned, open to discussion, poster? Happy to see the bigger picture, taking positives from all aspects of our game?

We've not even played every team in the league, and you've reverted to type. That's disappointing.

Do you disagree? A team that hits the woodwork 3 times in the one game and gets beat 1-0 isn't unlucky?

I'd have thought that's the definition of unlucky!

What's the saying about making your own luck?

Point is, how many times have we heard that?

Are we really that unlucky that we can't hit the target on 1 on 1 or when you have a free header 8 yards out or when the centre half/left back slips & can't cover?

We were 'unlucky' not to register a home win until Feb/March 1st year up as playing some good stuff.

We were 'unlucky' last season in our winless run in the new year as we were playing some good stuff.

Confidence a big thing I know, but when a pattern starts to repeat itself as in being 'unlucky' every other week then surely something has to change somewhere?

We've now brought in an attacking full back to replace SOD (said on another thread thought Miller unlucky but all to do with us wanting to play a system. Predictable much?) & a replacement of sorts for Higginbotham in Muirhead.

So... The manager has the players he wants to play the system he wants.

So... If (& already said big IF) it doesn't click in next 3 games against teams that you would think are around us, then something else has to change.

Like I said, I don't think we're at crisis time yet, I just think the next few weeks will define the season.

If we continue to be 'unlucky' then something has to give IMO.

What's the saying about making your own luck?

Point is, how many times have we heard that?

Are we really that unlucky that we can't hit the target on 1 on 1 or when you have a free header 8 yards out or when the centre half/left back slips & can't cover?

We were 'unlucky' not to register a home win until Feb/March 1st year up as playing some good stuff.

We were 'unlucky' last season in our winless run in the new year as we were playing some good stuff.

Confidence a big thing I know, but when a pattern starts to repeat itself as in being 'unlucky' every other week then surely something has to change somewhere?

We've now brought in an attacking full back to replace SOD (said on another thread thought Miller unlucky but all to do with us wanting to play a system. Predictable much?) & a replacement of sorts for Higginbotham in Muirhead.

So... The manager has the players he wants to play the system he wants.

So... If (& already said big IF) it doesn't click in next 3 games against teams that you would think are around us, then something else has to change.

Like I said, I don't think we're at crisis time yet, I just think the next few weeks will define the season.

If we continue to be 'unlucky' then something has to give IMO.

have you ever thought, your expectations are unrealistic?

If your relying on luck in football then to be honest you shouldn't be on the park. We had 3, glorious chances ( at least) where the ball should have been in the net. Doolan, ball comes perfect to him inside the box, no one near him an he scuffs a shot past the post from 16 yards. Stevo, played in with the keeper to beat, scuds the Baw aff the post. Then the header, unmarked, unchallenged, has tae score. Wit I'm getting at is we jist blooter the Baw instead of pickin our spot. I'll jist scud it as hard as I can an hope it goes on target. This is there job, if ye relied on luck being an electrician then you wouldn't last long an I'm afraid yesterday there were a few that cost us the game, if not the managers head. Its not good enough to say we were unlucky, not at all. The goal we concede isn't unlucky, that was nothing short of a disgrace. He picks the Baw up 2 yards inside his own hauf an goes unchallenged to the edge of oor box. The manager wis a defender ffs. As much as I like big Liam, he should get his erse kicked fir no stopping him 40 yards fae goal

• Like 1

have you ever thought, your expectations are unrealistic?

You're right.

I shouldn't expect my team to have more than one shot on target at home.

Or for the manager to change things when we're losing.

Or expect them to perform better at home against a team from the lower league.

Or set a team up to have a go at a team who had played 1000s of miles away a few days previously.

Are my expectations to high that I expect us to win games?

Or win home games before the new year?

Or win home games against teams that are around us in the league?

Or indeed survive in the top league?

Which of these expectations are too high?

• Like 2

You're right. I shouldn't expect my team to have more than one shot on target at home. Or for the manager to change things when we're losing. Or expect them to perform better at home against a team from the lower league. Or set a team up to have a go at a team who had played 1000s of miles away a few days previously. Are my expectations to high that I expect us to win games? Or win home games before the new year? Or win home games against teams that are around us in the league? Or indeed survive in the top league? Which of these expectations are too high?

sadly, it is very difficult to disagree with this assessment...

You're right.

I shouldn't expect my team to have more than one shot on target at home.

Or for the manager to change things when we're losing.

Or expect them to perform better at home against a team from the lower league.

Or set a team up to have a go at a team who had played 1000s of miles away a few days previously.

Are my expectations to high that I expect us to win games?

Or win home games before the new year?

Or win home games against teams that are around us in the league?

Or indeed survive in the top league?

Which of these expectations are too high?

Or to expect a guy who's playing in a new country with new team mates, who hasn't had a pre season, to click with the team after 4 games.

Remember when you started the season as a reasoned, open to discussion, poster? Happy to see the bigger picture, taking positives from all aspects of our game?

We've not even played every team in the league, and you've reverted to type. That's disappointing.

Only scoring in 1 game and having an average of less than 1 shot a goal per game quickly drains any optimism.

The story of Thistle under AA is "unlucky". We must be the unluckiest club in the world. Other teams work on their game. We're happy to blame fantasy and say it'll be better next week.