Crisis Time ?

javeajag

The league dynamics are totally different this season.

There weren't 3 teams with the strengths of Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts by this stage last season.

Obviously tempered by a weaker/ more youthful playing squad.

But we are 3 points of 7th and all the teams in the current bottom 6 don't have dem troubles to seek?

Now we have played who most are calling the top 3 we have a good chance to pick up points.In fact apart from playing Hearts at home at the end of October we dont play any of the top3 until we play Aberdeen away at the end of the year. A big upturn in performance and form required if we want to stay in this league.We proved after Ross county beat us twice in a row last season how our form can change we have to do it again

Maybe. At least i can hack a bit of to-ing and fro-ing. You were owned last season. Can i book you again this year or do you go abroad between March and May?

Hardly. I'm not the one that has regular tear stained meltdowns when people don't agree with me.

Are you going to block me again if I start calling for AA to go?

Lets sack the management team. Let's forget they need paid off, let's forget whoever else it would be would have the same financial constraints.

I am not exactly the biggest fan of Archie, but the thick ***** on here and other social media outlets really need a reality check.

You'd think we were in the middle of the Campbell era. Deluded *********.

Lets sack the management team. Let's forget they need paid off, let's forget whoever else it would be would have the same financial constraints.

I am not exactly the biggest fan of Archie, but the thick ***** on here and other social media outlets really need a reality check.

You'd think we were in the middle of the Campbell era. Deluded *********.

You seem to think everything is the fault of the fans.

Thanks for that. What was your prediction again re points? Remind us?

Certainly my man. From elsewhere on here I predicted - "1 point from first 6 I'd say and 5 from first 9. 16 by Christmas and bottom from game 1 til then" Slightly off so far due to our strong start to the season. Also Archie gone by end of October. Sadly contracts and finance might mean we soldier with him all season.

From a poster who has, at least once, flounced off and proclaimed he wouldn't be gracing the forum with his presence any longer.

Run out of likes for the day Mad Aussie but for once we're in agreement.

I'm not going to call for the manager's head just now. I'll be interested to see what happens before the window closes but pretty obvious we need 2 players in to give us some hope in final third.

Amoo following Ecclestone & Mukendi in ex Liverpool duds with jury still out on Pogba still but regardless whether him or Doolan (maybe even both) up top they need some help.

Yesterday at times Pogba was 20/30 yards ahead of our midfield. We need a link player (Stevo?) & a wide player if the manager (Alan to yourself Mad Aussie

Crisis? perhaps, but there could have been a scenario where we might have amassed(!!) :frantic: even fewer points - Hamilton hit the inside of the post in the last few mins (and given Hamilton's start the 0-0, with 10 men, for a hour, on the first day, now looks like a good result for us); similarly Killie at home is looked at as a missed opportunity - it might well have been but could equally have been a defeat bearing in mind we were down to 10 men - and miraculously we scored a goal when down to 10; perhaps if we had only gained the point from ICT away then it truly would be a crisis, or, if you prefer, a greater crisis.

To state the bleedin' obvious we are in a bad place at the moment :doh: - the next 5 games might go a long way to deciding our, and our rivals' relative positions certainly towards the middle and probably towards the end of the season - losing to those teams near or around us would truly trigger a full-blown "crisis" - even avoiding defeat by drawing against them becomes increasingly meaningless if others are picking up victories.

If we are in a position of P11 W2 L5 D4 (i.e. W2 L2 D1 in the next 5) by the end of the first phase then all would not be lost (although where we are going to find a win remains a mystery and who against might be equally important (beating the likes of a St Johnstone might ultimately be a lot less relevant than beating, say, Motherwell for example).

Perhaps a case of "Keep Calm and store up any potential/inevitable desperation for November/December time"

Just looked at all games played this season, including friendlies -

We've only scored 6 goals in 11 games.

In 7 of those games we have failed to score at all.

No crisis yet, for me, but it's not hard to see where we are sadly lacking.

Not as if we've been up against rock solid defences either. Both Hearts and ICT have been shipping quite a few goals

It is fair to say there is a lot wrong at the moment but until we get past the first quarter of the season i won't be hovering over the panic button. Others have got stronger and more experienced in close season where we have decided youth is the way. If we do go down then we may bounce back stronger like hearts did with our younger players more experienced for it. I do hope however we do not go down.