Defeat On Saturday Archie Must Go.

Auld Jag

Truth is there is very little between most teams in this Division. The breaks we never got in the first 9 games we've had in the last 9. Archie's no better or worse than he was previously and neither is the playing squad.

If County had taken advantage of our mistakes at Firhill we could have been 2 or 3 down by half time. Had that happened we would be joint bottom with Killie now and the moaners would be out in force. As it happens, we didn't though: we got out of jail and got the break for the OG also then finished the game off professionally and are now in 6th.

The next two games are really tough and the likelihood is we will get nothing. Decent performances are important for morale but any points at all would be a bonus for me. Dundee at Firhill on the 16th is a big one!

Hopefully St. Miirren continue on the Alex Rae trajectory.....

Agree more or less entirety: although, I,would add that when we're in the mood we tend to be more of a footballing team than most of our opponents.

Exactly, but fear not, the lurkers will be back telling us Archie is a dud that never learns and we need a change. Don't be surprised or amazed if it happens next weekend if we suffer two back to back defeats

YAWN..................

The same old tired blues from the same old tired poster.

What is it that you do not understand about us all having different opinions about reaching the same objective?

This has been probably the best month in 40 years to be a Jags fan. so why do you delight in being a narky negative ******* towards fellow Jags supporters?

My offer of a pint with you while I am home for Christmas is still open.

• Like 1

YAWN..................

What is it that you do not understand about us all having different opinions about reaching the same objective?

This has been probably the best month in 40 years to be a Jags fan. so why do you delight in being a narky negative ******* towards fellow Jags supporters?

My offer of a pint with you while I am home for Christmas is still open.

How many people is that open to Barney?

YAWN..................

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Still coming from the person that stated The Cup was one of the most intelligent posters on here, I take that as a compliment Barney me ole son!...lol

Edited by Lindau

You know me Barney, so for once just answer a question.....where have these so called fellow jags supporters been in the last month, 6 weeks? Answers on a postcard...lol

Edited by Lindau

It's incredible how these posters never learn their lesson year after year. The calls for Archie's head were completely futile anyway - Beattie has stated several times that he would not be sacked, even in the event of relegation. That gives us a stability that no other club in the league has, certainly not in the bottom 6.

With regards to getting more people to come to the games. The simple way to do that would be to lower the gate price, but that won't happen.

The club make more money from 2,000 paying punters at £22 than they would 2,500 paying £15.

For attendances to increase long term then there has to be large scale fundamental change throughout the whole of Scottish Football.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 5

With regards to getting more people to come to the games. The simple way to do that would be to lower the gate price, but that won't happen.

The club make more money from 2,000 paying punters at £22 than they would 2,500 paying £15.

For attendances to increase long term then there has to be large scale fundamental change throughout the whole of Scottish Football.

Gate price is an issue but by lowering it X% is unlikely to see an increase in patg customers of anything like X&. If all the absent support lived within a square mile or so of Firhill it would be different. But when you add on travelling expenses whether it be fuel or fare, food & drink plus other sundries it marginalises any reduction. Even a £5 reduction at the gate could mean as little as an overall reduction of 10% to someone not living that far away from the city. I just don't believe that would be enough carrot to see gates increase significantly.

Gate price is an issue but by lowering it X% is unlikely to see an increase in patg customers of anything like X&.

I'm firmly of the opinion that lowering gate prices will not result in much of an increase in attendance. A couple of months ago I went to see Roskilde vs Hobro in the Danish Cup, the tie being roughly equivalent to a present day meeting between Queen of the South and Dundee United. A local business sponsored the game to the extent where they paid for it to be free entry. The attendance ended up only a few dozen higher than their average. Letting the city in for free only resulted in a small increase in beer sales. Caley Thistle along with some others have experimented with "pay what you want" and I'm sure I would have heard had numbers vastly increased. I don't see how dropping the ticket price by a few quid will have a measurable effect on Thistle attendances.

Back on topic, there was a time where I thought Archie was for it. I didn't want him to go but the table was looking bleak. If that poor run had continued into Collins territory then I would have understood if he was politely thanked for his efforts. Twenty points in the last nine is outstanding form which if kept up is the sort to win you a summer holiday to Yerevan or Podgorica. Archie is a relatively inexperienced manager and I feel that learning from your mistakes is one of the most important things anyone can do. I'm glad the board gave Archie the time to learn from his mistakes and I would be delighted if he's still making the odd error at Firhill many years from now.

• Like 1

It would be financial suicide for the club to drop the gate price to £15 and the only way it could be done is by dropping through the leagues....which no one wants. To be fair, the club have tried all sorts to get bums on seats from reduced 2/3 game packages and freebie giveaways. An idea to get people into the Aitken before or after the game might be a pie/pint and match ticket for £25 . That would take the entry down to around £20 but hopefully they would recoup that loss, with the person buying a couple of pints in the Aitken

Edited by Lindau

It would be financial suicide for the club to drop the gate price to £15 and the only way it could be done is by dropping through the leagues....which no one wants. To be fair, the club have tried all sorts to get bums on seats from reduced 2/3 game packages and freebie giveaways. An idea to get people into the Aitken before or after the game might be a pie/pint and match ticket for £25 . That would take the entry down to around £20 but hopefully they would recoup that loss, with the person buying a couple of pints in the Aitken

That's a good idea; hope somebody who could put that into operation reads this thread.

I'd say that's a case of everyone a winner but it's only scratching at the surface.

I think an overriding problem is that any reduction has to be offered to away fans irrespective of whether they do reciprocal offers.

I'd say that's a case of everyone a winner but it's only scratching at the surface.

I think an overriding problem is that any reduction has to be offered to away fans irrespective of whether they do reciprocal offers.

Don't see that being a problem. If it gets away supporters into our bars it's a win/win situation.....as long as they buy at least another pint!