Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

Connoly is absolutely rubbish. One of the many, many useless weans McNamara signed. Needs to go back to the lower leagues and play regularly.

to be fair did Dundee United also not release Jack Henry over a year ago because he was deemed not to make the grade. There's real problems at that club with the decent players they have signed over the last couple of years that seem to be struggling and maybe as with Henry Archie is the man to get the best of him.

We definetly need another couple of strikers as aside from Doolan the others are very young or in pogbas and duggans case possibly not good enough

Just had a look at his stats. Clubs will be tripping over themselves to sign him.

He is 20 years old!!! Guess his career must be over then. Don't think clubs were tripping over themselves to sign Doolan and Erskine at that age

Edited by Lindau

I'll be surprised if another club at our level goes for Connolly at this stage in his career. That's not to say he doesn't have potential to play at this level, but when I've seen him he doesn't look near it so I'd expect him to drop down a division and go to maybe Dumbarton or similar. If we did sign him, I'd expect him out on loan immediately anyway, as he needs first team football to improve.

Edit: he's training with Raith Rovers apparently.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

I know this is going to polarise opinion but if there are clubs interested in Banzo and we get £200 k , I would take it and invest it in the team after all in 4 months time we're going to have to get used to life without him in the team.

Give Dundee Utd a few quid and get Squiddy back this month and give Gary Fraser the responsibility of seeing whether he can step up and be one of the focal points in the team, certainly got the ability to do so.

I know this is going to polarise opinion but if there are clubs interested in Banzo and we get £200 k , I would take it and invest it in the team after all in 4 months time we're going to have to get used to life without him in the team.

Give Dundee Utd a few quid and get Squiddy back this month and give Gary Fraser the responsibility of seeing whether he can step up and be one of the focal points in the team, certainly got the ability to do so.

I would say that that is extremely short sighted.

Bannigan is one of our most important players, I'd say he's probably the second most important other than Osman. Selling him when we're certainly not safe from the threat of relegation would be insane. I'm not saying we'll definitely stay up with him in the team, I'm just saying we're much more likely to do so with him in the team. Staying up with the possibility of Rangers and Hibs coming up, plus differences in prize money between 11th and wherever we ended up will be much more valuable to the club than 200k.

• Like 1

I watched a documentary about a year ago and there were football people on it including agents and the thing that came over loud and clear was that the NEED for scouts was a lot less necessary than it once was because EVERYBODY who was available/ looking for a club was intimated on several web sites.

Our guys will be pretty well aware WHO is out there in their range and that, probably, is the reason that several teams in our area seem to be going for the same people. Our budgets are pretty similar and the people we are chasing are probably known to most people.

I would say that that is extremely short sighted.

Bannigan is one of our most important players, I'd say he's probably the second most important other than Osman. Selling him when we're certainly not safe from the threat of relegation would be insane. I'm not saying we'll definitely stay up with him in the team, I'm just saying we're much more likely to do so with him in the team. Staying up with the possibility of Rangers and Hibs coming up, plus differences in prize money between 11th and wherever we ended up will be much more valuable to the club than 200k.

Take your point on board and I think we've got the players to stay up if Chris Erskine is back in January.

How are we going to replace Bannigan next year ? . Are we going to wait till the season ticket money comes in and get a replacement once again in the last week in August .

An example last year was to let Odonnell run down his contract , any fee received would probably have been invested in securing Lyle Taylor instead we got Pogba at the last minute . I realise there are fine margins there but at some point you've got to plan for the future instead of how we've done player recruitment in the last few seasons.

Edited by jlsarmy