Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

• Members

I see Dundee have signed another striker on loan from Spanish Club Cordoba! Strange one. Thought they already had a wealth of good attacking options.

eta. And St Johstone are talking to Falkirk's Blair Alston who is out of contract at the end of the season. He's 23 now and has almost 200 appearances under his belt for Falkirk. Wouldn't mind us having a go at signing him.

One big difference since Archie has taken over from McNamarra is that he's preferring experience and more older heads in his side than Jackie. Archie seems to have struck a balance between Lambie's reliance on experience and McNamarra's preference for youth.

That's a fair observation, Will, tho' it's got to be minded we're playing at a higher level than when McNamara was here. Hardly a different era but I feel there's more emphasis on fitness levels now than even when Lambie last managed. That and Archie planning further ahead than John L ever did will probably mean the first team doesn't get clogged up with old heads.

As Ryan McStay once told the Lennox Herald shortly after signing for Dumbarton "There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know"

What about the unknown knowns? You know, the things we know but we don't know that we know. Do you know what I mean?

As Ryan McStay once told the Lennox Herald shortly after signing for Dumbarton "There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know"

Isn't this just Johari's window theory badly phrased.

This is what I love about this forum. One minute we're talking about footballers, the next we are talking about idiots....

Though, to be fair, the unknown, unknown's would keep me awake at night, except I don't know what they are.

Sleep tight, hope the bed bugs don't bite.....

Edited by douglas clark

Is it that hard ? We have Erskine lined up so provided it is more than it would take to get Erskine early then the decision becomes much easier

Could you expand on that?

Erskine will surely be a replacement for Stevenson plus be able to fill in for Lawless or Amoo. If anyone, Fraser could replace Bannigan but even when fit and back to his best it's not ideal.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/barnsley-join-aberdeen-race-sign-7236146#Ei0TJI4J86MqoXOa.97

It will be a difficult one for the club. On one hand, if we get a 6 figure sum for someone who is walking in 4 months, can it honestly be turned down. We could get Erskine in now (badly needed) and maybe tempt another midfielder or hope that Gary Fraser gets himself fit. On the other hand, there is no denying how well Banzo has been playing, we are still in the cup and we are still in a relegation/play off battle, plus the factor of Archies comments about Banzo leaving before the summer. My opinion, for what it's worth is that if a club offer £100,000 plus we should accept and strengthen the team, anything less we should knock back.

http://www.dailyreco...JI4J86MqoXOa.97

It will be a difficult one for the club. On one hand, if we get a 6 figure sum for someone who is walking in 4 months, can it honestly be turned down. We could get Erskine in now (badly needed) and maybe tempt another midfielder or hope that Gary Fraser gets himself fit. On the other hand, there is no denying how well Banzo has been playing, we are still in the cup and we are still in a relegation/play off battle, plus the factor of Archies comments about Banzo leaving before the summer. My opinion, for what it's worth is that if a club offer £100,000 plus we should accept and strengthen the team, anything less we should knock back.

There's always a possibility if Barnsley or whoever outbid Aberdeen that he would be loaned back for the rest of the season. The ball would be in our court. It is a possibility as ideally any club interested in Banzo would wait to get him as a free agent. Signing him just now may well be more to secure his services rather than requiring him this season.

Think Bannigan has missed two games this season. He didn't play against ICT when we required the freak Stevenson goal for the points and he was also missing against Falkirk in the league cup. My gut feeling is Banzo is too important to lose just now, not just for his own display but I sense he gets the best out of his team-mates as well. It's that latter quality that would really concern me if he was to leave just now.

• Like 1

Agreed M'Lady, could ultimately be down to Archie. If we get a six figure bid and the board say he can use it all on replacements, he could be tempted. Either way it's a difficult call and I certainly wouldn't be letting him leave for anything less than £100,000.

I think for all the speculation about what the club should do, we are ignoring an important factor - what might Bannigan want to do?!

Perhaps he thinks this team can go to Cup Final and he wants a chance of a farewell like that? Perhaps he wants to help secure safety before leaving. Or at the other end of the altruistic scale, perhaps he would rather the transfer fee was used as a juicy signing on fee at his new club.

Another factor in potentially selling now rather than Banzo leaving at the season end is a possible sell on clause, with the talent he has, his work rate and furure potential, who knows where he could end up?

Be great for both (mainly Thistle) if he would sign on for another year with a low buy out clause meaning the club benefit too, absolutely no doubt he can achieve a lot in the game.

• Like 1

I don't think we should contemplate selling unless the offer is stupid money. I'm not sure what that would be, but certainly multiples greater than £100,000. I think anyone suggesting that we should take the cash at this stage is underestimating the importance of Stuart Bannigan to the team. We'd be seriously weakened and with no guarantees that an instant replacement would have an impact, I'd be worried about us this season.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1