Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

Guys can we get this thread back on track this nonsense is tedious.

Agreed....I enjoy a laugh, but this is as boring as hell. When you see a lot of posts you haven't read on a subject, especially a transfer one, you tend to get a bit excited, then you are confronted by this fecking nonsense

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 4

Tell me your 11 this Saturday assuming Pogba, Fraser & Elliott wouldnt be fit enough to start after being out

Maybe the team TAT states, maybe this team. Other options are available.

Cerny

Miller

Seabourne

Lindsay

Booth

Bannigan

Welsh

Dumbaya

Lawless

Amoo

Doolan

Not sure what would be so disastrous about either of those starting line ups.

Agreed....I enjoy a laugh, but this is as boring as hell. When you see a lot of posts you haven't read on a subject, especially a transfer one, you tend to get a bit excited, then you are confronted by this fecking nonsense

I take your point but Jagfox, albeit in an oblique way, was also making a point. There's very obviously no serious rumours re potential signings.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Please explain exactly how.

Muirhead out, Stevenson out (possibly on loan possibly not), Edwards away for a month and now McDaid away - our bench is so lightweight. We need a couple of players in be it loans or permanent signings. We should also be looking at sorting out contracts to players due to expire and if we know they ain't signing looking for replacements for them.

There has been no activity of any significance by any club as yet in the transfer window. If you look at Dundee they have lost one of their better players in McPake, and have had to rush out to bring in O'Dea, who hasn't played for a while, because they are short of centre backs.

I would rather we waited until we got the right player(s) in instead of rushing in or being forced to sign someone for the sake of it.

I agree we are a bit thin on the ground however I don't believe Archie would have let McDaid go out on loan unless he knew reinforcements were imminent and let's face it Stevo, Edwards or Muirhead are not huge misses when you consider their combined contribution this season.

So let's not panic at the lack of activity but rather be grateful we have a manager who is meticulous in his approach to signing players and always make sure they are guys who will fit in the dressing room.

• Like 2

Muirhead out, Stevenson out (possibly on loan possibly not), Edwards away for a month and now McDaid away - our bench is so lightweight. We need a couple of players in be it loans or permanent signings. We should also be looking at sorting out contracts to players due to expire and if we know they ain't signing looking for replacements for them.

I take your point re the squad being a bit thin, but it's hardly like we've lost anyone of huge significance. We've got plenty of players to come back from injury as well, which will make our bench a hell of a lot more formidable with Fraser, Dumbuya, Elliott and Pogba out injured against St Mirren. If our bench had had them rather than youngsters then this wouldn't even be a talking point. Stevenson will likely be back, and Edwards will be back at the end of the month as well, but the fact is we've lost no one who is actually a first team regular.

The rest of your post refers to things which we should be doing, and while I don't know the back room goings on, I'd imagine that we are actively looking at new players and renewing contracts. But the problem is that the power lies mainly with the players themselves, and if someone wants to leave or doesn't want to come in the first place, then there's not much we can do about it.

As a point above was made, Dundee have lost McPake for the rest of the season who is one of their most important players, and United's new signings haven't exactly looked great and I've not really noticed anyone else around is bringing in much, so there's really nothing to worry about at this stage.

My youngest tells me that he's heard Banzo is on the Sheep's shopping list :-(

They'd be absolutely mental if they didn't want him. He's going to leave anyway so I wouldn't particularly mind if it's to them, so long as he does the honourable thing and follows Erskine and Patons example of being absolutely shite every time he plays us.

In the papers today and as I stated two days after the Aberdeen game. McInnes was mega impressed with him after that game as was relayed to me by a Sevco supporter in my work who hangs about with McInnes. My own hope is that he goes to England!

Partick Thistle midfield ace Stuart Bannigan.

The 23-year-old’s deal expires at the end of the season meaning he is now free to talk to clubs.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is looking to strengthen his midfield, with skipper Ryan Jack crocked until next month.

Bannigan's deal expires end of the season

If the Dons do make a move it’s likely they would look to secure him on a pre-contract now and wait until the summer to take him to Pittodrie.

That would suit Thistle, who would not want to lose the former Scotland Under-21 midfielder halfway through the season as they look to try to break into the top six.

Other clubs are showing an interest in the former Celtic kid after another impressive campaign.

Meanwhile McInnes could now make a move for Rotherham keeper Adam Collin, 31, after missing out on a loan deal for Rangers’ Cammy Bell.

There has been no activity of any significance by any club as yet in the transfer window. If you look at Dundee they have lost one of their better players in McPake, and have had to rush out to bring in O'Dea, who hasn't played for a while, because they are short of centre backs.

O dear! An O'Dea Dee deal. An ideal add on or an odd idea?

• Like 1

Think it's great if guys want to have a laugh etc, therefore why don't you start a "banter have a wind up" thread, and those who are into that stuff can enjoy it and those of us who are keen to discuss the team etc, can avoid it.That way everyone's a winner

The point is, when no one is keen to discuss, there's usually nothing happening on a thread, then it turns to humour. If folk want a thread to get back or stay on track, post something relevant.

ETA folk Crying about the Owen Coyle transfer. Jesus Christ, it's a tradition, you can't have a thistle transfer thread unless he's been spotted in Jaconelli's!

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1