Bannigan

Dark Passenger

Can only hope if he moves that it's down to england, would hate to see him lining up against us.

Think we would all want that if he leaves, but McInnes was impressed by him on Wednesday and with guys like Robson and Flood not getting any younger and being unfit quite regular, it wouldn't be the greatest surprise in the world to see him heading up there!

Bannigan was the best player on the park yesterday, also the fittest. He was gliding past Celtic players effortlessly all day. Quite remarkable considering how much some of their players cost and the wages they will be on.

I think it's inevitable that we will lost him this summer. Sad that we won't get any money for him but he's been an outstanding servant to the club.

• Like 2

It is perhaps surprising he is only 23 as he has been integral to our progress in recent years.

As someone who only sees a few games live most years what struck me most last time round was a maturity in his play so would say the boy has become a man.

It would be great if we could make a modestly decent offer and hope he can see the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. As it is let's enjoy the talent there as long as he chooses to grace the yellow and red.

An absolute gem of a player. He would be one that you would love to see going on to great things and earn the money he deserves from the game.

Would be great if we could offer him a big contract.

We also deserve a return but alas this will not happen due to mr Bosman and people like jim McLean.

But if we lose to st m, would we let him go for a fee?

BTW I think ATS is doing the best of all the players we have lost in recent seasons.

Agree with all above. Thought he was tremendous yesterday, and also against Ross County. The fact he doesn't get many MoM awards maybe suggests he is taken for granted (he was given highest rating in the report I read on yesterday's game).

Can't see him staying, but in terms of Scottish teams, there are not many candidates - maybe

Aberdeen. Would agree that move to good League 1 team or Championship team down

South may be most likely.

He also went to my primary school - albeit 20 years after me!

Celtic are actually crying out for a player like Bannigan. They've overloaded on attacking midfielders but their options at centre-mid are pretty poor; Banzo's engine in there would do them wonders.

Although of course I'd prefer to see him a) stay at Thistle, b ) go to England/abroad c) go to Aberdeen/Hearts etc. before z) a move to Celtic/Rangers.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

If this is true (16 players out of contract) then I really fear that the progress we've been making, and the promise that has been shown in the last couple of months, is in grave danger of being chucked away. If even 8 players decide to try their luck elsewhere then we'll be back at square one for next season, mass introduction of new players that will take time to gel once the season starts.

It's still a hard one (ohh missus)...still only 4 points or so from the play off place despite recent improvements, there's still time for things to turn downward again, hence the board no doubt being cagey about offering improved contracts to most of the players. Maybe if the form and point collection continues throughout January we'll hopefully be in a safe position and the contract renewals for most of the 16 can begin then. To be honest, I can't see many clubs in our premiership being in the position to offer better deals to our players before the end of the season for the exact reason as us. I see eight teams been very close points wise for the rest of the season.

Surely clubs have clauses in their contracts that determine remuneration dependant on which league they will be playing in. Therefore no reason for the board to be cagey.

Maybe so, but if you were currently on £750 per week (for the sake of talking, no inside knowledge) and tomorrow were offered £1500 per week for a new 2 year deal, but in the case of relegation to the Championship you would be back onto £750 pw, would you sign it? Stuck with the team in the Championship for possibly the rest of your contract? I wouldn't, I'd wait it out.

Of course you could end up Balatoni-ing things up I suppose!