Tam Cerny Signs Till 2018

ian_mac

Think Christie's done well at left back for us. Would not be a worry at all for me if he had to come in at left back.

Suspect Callum Booth is the next one ready to sign a new contract.

im pretty sure Booth is already signed up. Once he hit a certain number of appearances an extra year was triggered in his contract though would be good if he was signed up till 2018 as well

For me personally, that is the best news this season. Cerny is top class and to get him signed till 2018 is an outstanding bit of business by the club. Re Booth, did someone not say he was due another contract once he hit a certain amount of games. Can't be far off that already surely. Still a few vital players to get signed up, Abs, Dan, Fred, Stevie, Calum.....get them signed up and we are really heading in the right direction

My only clear memory of Langfield's time with us was the game against Dundee at Firhill in the Whyte/Britton era.

Dundee had just gone into administration and were faltering in the League - a win against them would have put us back within reach of them - we were holding on to a 1-0 lead well into the second half - Nyaffo Novo stamped on Ian Ross, then scored an equaliser which looked offside then ran along the front of the JHS celebrating.

A few minutes later, Langfield flapped at a cross ball straight to Barry Smith who thumped a shot into the net from 25 yards...the combination of that little runt Novo's behaviour and the certain knowledge that we were doomed to relegation left me angrier than I have ever been when leaving Firhill.

Cerny is a much better keeper than Langfield - you can't imagine Tomas mispunching a cross to let a Dundee player with a Thistle Connection and issues with weight and fitness to score against us.

• Like 1

My only clear memory of Langfield's time with us was the game against Dundee at Firhill in the Whyte/Britton era.

Dundee had just gone into administration and were faltering in the League - a win against them would have put us back within reach of them - we were holding on to a 1-0 lead well into the second half - Nyaffo Novo stamped on Ian Ross, then scored an equaliser which looked offside then ran along the front of the JHS celebrating.

A few minutes later, Langfield flapped at a cross ball straight to Barry Smith who thumped a shot into the net from 25 yards...the combination of that little runt Novo's behaviour and the certain knowledge that we were doomed to relegation left me angrier than I have ever been when leaving Firhill.

Cerny is a much better keeper than Langfield - you can't imagine Tomas mispunching a cross to let a Dundee player with a Thistle Connection and issues with weight and fitness to score against us.

Barry Smith had no Thistle connections on that day in 2004.

He only played for us for a few months in 2007.

Edited by Barney Rubble

BowenBoys,

Looking at the league table you are absolutely right. A couple of good results for us over the next two weeks or so means we move up, but safety?

Absolutely not.

This is the most competitively contested drop zone I can recall.

On the positive side, fourth place and Europe is not impossible either. That is how tight this league is.

Edited by douglas clark

This was the first time I remember being livid with a player. Total hatred for Novo ever since, before it was smirking sarcasm as Archie always had him in his back pocket.

I remember Mr Leckie actually writing a good article about that day and I have tried to find it and print it but can't find it as an explanation of why u despise him. Whenever Novo comes up in conversation I convey politely my utter utter venom for the man and it always comes back " is that cause he is a Rangers man?"

My reply is "tell me who else he played for in Scotland?"

They don't know and I educate them in all things R Rovers, Dundee and Archie.

I then explain that he has suckered himself onto the cash cow that is old firm and why is he not away at, for example Dundee, where he helped save them, p.r. hospitality, advertising etc.

But after that rant, back to the now and Great signing and Tam might.... might make the Johnny Brough jersey his own!

Absolutely spot on analysis, Metzmagic. I remember that wee prick Novo at Raith aiming a punch at Archies knee and getting sent off after the full Italian pantomime. I remember Leigh Griffiths on a losing Livi side missing a good chance and kicking the advertising hoarding and breaking his foot. And when you say how much you dislike these players it's because they play for the Old Firm ? Flip me, we know our history better than these so-called teams that thrive on 'history' and 'tradition' .

• Like 1