Antonio German

BowenBoys

Not got the greatest of profiles, but hopefully he can hit the ground running, though he does look to have a wee bit of a paunch on him and I am taking into account that the hoops ain't the most flattering of football jerseys.....lol. With players coming back (Fraser, Elliot, Pogba, Edwards) think all we need now is maybe an attack minded midfielder, though hopefully Fraser might provide that if he can keep fit

Seems last competitive game he played was early December so will probably need a couple of weeks training to be up to speed. I'd imagine he'll be used as an impact sub until he's fully match fit again. It would be nice if another player came in but the window is dropping as we post and will soon be closed. That means we really need Fraser and Pogba to get fit and stay fit for a bit (as well as Elliot) or our squad will be thin.

Re German. I think he looks like the player we need but at this time of year new players need to hit the ground running - there's not much time to bed in.

We now have Lawless, Amoo, Elliott, Edwards and German as natural options for the three attacking midfield positions. Fraser and Bannigan can also play there but are preferred in central midfield.

One attacking midfielder and we're completely sorted, I think. But if we don't get it - it's not the end of the world.

But none of the above are scoring any goals apart from Amoo. Archie needs to bring in different attacking options because our goal scoring record could cost us our position in this league. If United do go on a run(and I think they are capable of doing so) this battle at the bottom of the league is going to be tough.

Hopping Erskine will come as he will score goals for us.

• Like 1

He's played at a higher level than us before with QPR, and although clearly he didn't cut it there, he's done quite well in India recently although I have no idea what the actual standard there is.

Still, comfortable on both feet allegedly so that could prove handy. Hopefully gives us something different.

So effectively not enlarging the squad! German in for Stevenson, Erskine for someone.

From info I have heard there is still a chance of a swap deal (think most people will know players involved). Doesn't mean there won't be other additions. I would like to see the likes of Wilson going out on loan to be honest!

From info I have heard there is still a chance of a swap deal (think most people will know players involved). Doesn't mean there won't be other additions. I would like to see the likes of Wilson going out on loan to be honest!

If you mean Ersine for Lawless I don't think that would necessarily improve us at the moment.

I have no idea of the standard in India but German played in front of 65,000 most weeks and had one or two Indian clubs very keen to sign him in December but he opted for a return to the UK. Some Kerala Blasters fans saying he was the highlight of their poor season and they hoped he would stay. Fingers crossed for the lad!

Edited by mhs