P A Y E Pitch Fundraising

BowenBoys

Apologies to the draw winners for not being in contact. Unfortunately, the person that I am dealing with at the club has not replied to my last two emails. So I have no information to pass on. Shoddy. Have fired off a, brief, message to them tonight.

Rest assured, it will happen.

How did we get on with receiving all the pledges?

Just coming up to the end of the month. Was going to do an update in a couple of days but since you ask;

£4,139 pledged, £3,849 paid, £290 still to come from 8 pledgers.

£3,600 paid to the club, £249 in my bank account.

All the pledgers that said they would pay at the end of the month have done so.

I have received no communication from 7 of the outstanding pledgers and 4 of those have not read any messages that I have sent.

In a couple of days I will send out reminders but if they go unread there's not much more I can do.

• Like 2

Very kind jagfox. I'll not turn down money but I think we have done really well. Far surpassed my expectation. The club are delighted and the Centre Circle is ours (morally, at least).

With player sponsorship £6,231 has been raised for the club. That's impressive.

• Like 2

Can anyone express the exact proportional area of the Firhill centre-circle relative to that of the pitch using only functions of pi and rational numbers?

Is it:

100 x pi / ( l x w), where l is length of pitch & w is width in yards?

Update - Draw Winners

Having received no reply to two email on this subject, I sent a third. It was very brief. The reply informed me that I wasn't being ignored and that somebody else was now dealing with it.

I emailed my new contact (who I am already, successfully, communicating with regarding sponsored kit). They knew nothing about it and made it clear that they wouldn't be dealing with it.

I have emailed my original contact again.

Apologies guys and gals, I will get this sorted.

Update - Draw Winners

Having received no reply to two email on this subject, I sent a third. It was very brief. The reply informed me that I wasn't being ignored and that somebody else was now dealing with it.

I emailed my new contact (who I am already, successfully, communicating with regarding sponsored kit). They knew nothing about it and made it clear that they wouldn't be dealing with it.

I have emailed my original contact again.

Apologies guys and gals, I will get this sorted.

Poor stuff from the club. I contributed to help the club out, not particularly to win a prize, but hey, I did win one of the prizes, so the lack of correspondence from the club to Phil is really poor considering the money he had raised for the club this season. Disappointing to say the least!

I got the same sort of buck passing when I tried to check if there were any remaining vacancies on the season ticket holders free hospitality day.

Phoned the office to be told that I had to phone the woman who was running hospitality.

Phoned again and spoke to her.

She said she didn't have the list with her and that I should phone the office and speak to someone there.

I explained that they put me on to her in the first place, but she said that without the list she couldn't help.

Now I can understand that sometimes it happens that you don't have the info you need to hand but, when I was at work, I would have taken on the task to check the list and call the customer back.

They both had a sort of "can't do" rather "can do" attitude, unfortunately.

Looks like it might be common within the admin at the club.