P A Y E Pitch Fundraising

BowenBoys

Phil

Sorry missed you on Saturday. I went to the Aitken suit after the game, but my timing must have been off. I have sent you dosh via paypal. Again thanks for all your efforts. You are Jagtastic.

Update

£3479 received. :clapping:

I have a payment in my bank account that I can't identify. All I have is the acc no that it came from. If you have paid into my bank recently but not sent me a message, please PM me with the sending account no. so that I can tie it to payment. Thanks.

£655 still to come. I appreciate that some of you may need to wait until the end of the month. I can also understand you being too busy, if you are on your honeymoon! My concern is the 5 people who have yet to read any messages and payment info. I have been sending out.

If you have pledged money but don't know how, or how much, to pay, please contact me.

Thanks all.

Absolutely glorious effort

Agreed. One hundred and eighteen people contributed the money to the club. That's an average of £55 per person. And offering prize tops back to make more money. And giving items up for auction. And paying to sponsor a top and handing it over to fundraising. And on, and on. I'm proud and so should be 117 others.

• Like 3

Having made the landmark payment to the club, I emailed Ian Maxwell

I have made another payment of money raised by WeAreThistle.co.uk forum members. The total transferred is now £3,600. This is an important number. It is 3.6% of the anticipated cost of replacing the drainage and re-laying the pitch. By a happy coincidence, the ten yard radius circle marked in the middle of the pitch represents 3.6% of the total area of the playing surface. Therefore, on behalf of forum members, I claim the centre circle as ours. I would be grateful if you could look after it for us.

Extracts from his reply this morning

Thanks for the update.

I'd really like
[to thank]
the We Are Thistle forum members who donated to this. The lengths our fans will go to never cease to amaze and this is just another example of how they are willing to help the club. Please pass on the clubs thanks to each and every one of them.

Finally each time Abdul greets an opposing captain I'll be sure he tells him he's in the We Are Thistle centre circle!
  • Like 2