Aberdeen

p12tfc

Tough one tomorrow night. Assuming Bannigan is out who will/should step in for him. Always liked Gary Fraser but hes not played enough recently I dont think. Edwards? probably much the same.

Just checked the forecast. Typical isn't it. No rain for ages until the day of a game. Hopefully its not too heavy and the game goes ahead. In fact looking furthur ahead forecast is for rain pretty much all day Friday and Saturday morning.. Surely we cant lose out on more TV money... Still plenty of time for that to change though.

Anyway I'll go 2-2 tomorrow night. Doolan and Lindsay

I thought the team played quite well without Bannigan, tho' he'll be most obviously badly missed. He's been playing a bit more forward of late so a replacement won't be so hard to find, positionally at least. The defence picks itself, Welsh (who played very well at Pittodrie) and Osman if both fit will start. After that it's down to a freshness/fitness thingy as much as anything. Lawless especially must be feeling the effects of the physical attention he's been receiving. I don't buy into the "start Nesbitt as he'll be desperate to beat Aberdeen" argument but the fact he'll not play at the weekend may influence Archie's selection.

You could also make an argument for starting Fraser and others who've not had much game time lately. That's if you believe the matches after the next two are of more importance. It would be beneficial if we went to NDP with guys like Fraser, Edwards, Nesbitt and maybe even German all having valuable game time behind them.

We should be going in to these 2 games without any fear or pressure. The 2 wins against St. Johnstone have left us in a decent position.

I would love to see us start with 2 up front against Aberdeen. In the last meeting at Pittodrie they really struggled when we went with 2 up top towards the end of the game and I'd like to see us have a go with this.

There seems to be an assumption that 4-4-2 is a thing of the past and is completely unworkable in the modern game. The success of Leicester this season surely pisses all over that view. Not only do they play 4-4-2 but the way they deploy their wide players means that this often turns in to a 4-2-4. They are able to get away with this because their 2 centre mids are outstanding, and tend not to push too far forward.

I think we have 2 guys in Bannigan and Osman who could make 4-4-2 work for us, and I'd like to see us try this properly before Bannigan leaves in the summer.

• Like 3

Like others I think we should go into these next two,games with a positive attitude.. Out with the confines of Maryhill I'm pretty sure we'll have been written off as an unfortunate necessity, c'est la vie.. I' d love us to take something from these games particularly Saturday's match as our,recent record against Celtic is very poor.

Obviously, if Banzo is unavailable that will represent a huge loss for us: more so considering the rich vein of form he's been on.

As to playing 442 I'm a fan, but obviously that's up to whether Archie thinks we've got the personnel to play that formation. The worst of all possible worlds would be to have big Pogba up front and continually lump high balls at him. From what I've seen of him he simply doesn't look comfortable in the role of lone striker. Whereas I think he'd be effective playing up front with a partner. I'v heard fans say you couldn't have him and Dools in the same side. Well you'll never know if you don't try it.

No matter I don't see any reason for knicker wetting over these two games. Rather we are in the rather fortunate position of been able to play these two games without too much pressure.

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 1