I'll try and keep this simple

1/Doncaster went on media to welcome back Rangers to the top tier. Putting aside the difference between welcoming back and welcoming to, did he go on media to welcome back Partick Thistle, Dundee, Accies or Hearts with anything like equal enthusiasm?

2/Did Doncaster's job not become untenable after his Armageddon (ha!) prophecy

3/Since this so called Armageddon, what has Doncaster actually done? If memory serves me well he certainly didn't appear to be one of the major mover and shakers of either establishing the SPFL or initiating the play offs to and fro the top tier. Competition sponsorships were also long delayed.

4/What has he actually achieved that couldn't have been achieved by an elected "amateur" (eg an elected chairman/top executive of a member club)?

5/Doncaster now seems to be adopting an "I was right about Armageddon all along" stance. coupled with a "now Rangers/sevco have returned to the fold everything is going to be so much better" attitude. I see neither little substance to this nor common agreement amongst other clubs and, more importantly, their fanbases.

It's my gut feeling that if you approached the rank and file support of just about every club thru the four leagues the consensus would not favour continuing the employment of Doncaster. At the same time I see or hear of little official intention to try and rid ourselves of this wage stealer.

So how do we get shot of this clown?

• Like 8

Sadly he is stating the obvious, bigotry sells. Watch if you dare the vermin (primarily off the pitch but well represented on it) a week on Sunday and imagine the excitement within the SFA and the SPFL upper echelons knowing that what is on show is reresenting the game in Scotland with world wide exposure and at least 4 bigotfests to follow next season..............the game is in safe hands.

• Like 1

Not certain, but wasn't it his equally useless partner Reagan at the SFA, who came out with the Armageddon pish?

The two of them really have done nothing of any significance to advance the game here in the many years they've had the big salaries.

Get the pair of them away tae, I say.

• Like 1

I'm appalled and astonished by Doncaster's statements. I assume, however, that he is merely echoing the views of the BODs of the clubs that he represents.

I guess we'll be playing the same handful of teams 3/4 times a year until we all die of boredom. Meanwhile the ugly sisters get whatever they want for financially supporting all of the diddy clubs by means of a vile invasion. This means, of course, that nobody will ever be able to challenge them. So ****** depressing.

I think Mr Doomcaster thinks he's still in charge of the SPL and welcoming a club from the ranks of the diddy leagues to the "big" (his) league.

Has no-one told him the SPFL was created to represent all 42 senior clubs? There's no need to "welcome" any club that's the subject of the normal ebb and flow of promotion. Did he welcome Dunfermline to the Premiership?

Now, where's that fan survey thingy I wasn't going to fill in....

1/Doncaster went on media to welcome back Rangers to the top tier. Putting aside the difference between welcoming back and welcoming to, did he go on media to welcome back Partick Thistle, Dundee, Accies or Hearts with anything like equal enthusiasm?

3/Since this so called Armageddon, what has Doncaster actually done? If memory serves me well he certainly didn't appear to be one of the major mover and shakers of either establishing the SPFL or initiating the play offs to and fro the top tier. Competition sponsorships were also long delayed.

4/What has he actually achieved that couldn't have been achieved by an elected "amateur" (eg an elected chairman/top executive of a member club)?

5/Doncaster now seems to be adopting an "I was right about Armageddon all along" stance. coupled with a "now Rangers/sevco have returned to the fold everything is going to be so much better" attitude. I see neither little substance to this nor common agreement amongst other clubs and, more importantly, their fanbases.

It's my gut feeling that if you approached the rank and file support of just about every club thru the four leagues the consensus would not favour continuing the employment of Doncaster. At the same time I see or hear of little official intention to try and rid ourselves of this wage stealer.

We could start a petition asking for his resignation. We could post the reasons for his resignation with all fan forums throughout the country, as well as P and B. A grassroots move to let the powers that control football realise there is more to Scottish football than the media's obsession with the team south of the river.

• Like 1

Sadly he is stating the obvious, bigotry sells. Watch if you dare the vermin (primarily off the pitch but well represented on it) a week on Sunday and imagine the excitement within the SFA and the SPFL upper echelons knowing that what is on show is reresenting the game in Scotland with world wide exposure and at least 4 bigotfests to follow next season..............the game is in safe hands.

Bigotry sells the old firm game but it doesn't really help any other club, The financial benefit to clubs outside the two cheeks is minimal as over a season any extra money gained (and this is reduced by paying for extra security) doesn't really amount to a lot. Plus there's no real benefit as all clubs get the same small increase in money. The cheeks also get the bulk of any TV money. If clubs are run financially soundly they don't need their money. And of course a strong Rangers (I don't see that happening immediately though I expect every help available will be given to them by our admin bodies and refs) cuts the chances of other clubs winning things (at least cups).

I always have said - the only club that really benefits financially from a return of a version of Rangers is Celtic.

• Like 1

I always have said - the only club that really benefits financially from a return of a version of Rangers is Celtic.

Do they even benefit ? At the moment they are pretty much guaranteed Champions League entry (OK they have to go through the qualification rounds, but that still brings in £££). I'm not sure they will make the step up next season, but it won't be long before Rangers win the league again, putting a large dent into Celtic's revenues. As you say, for all other clubs, revenue will be increased by a very similar amount, so no overall benefit, other than increasing the gap between Premiership and the rest, so the only real benificiaries are the administrators who can sell the bigotry to those who don't understand it.

Do they even benefit ? At the moment they are pretty much guaranteed Champions League entry (OK they have to go through the qualification rounds, but that still brings in £££). I'm not sure they will make the step up next season, but it won't be long before Rangers win the league again, putting a large dent into Celtic's revenues. As you say, for all other clubs, revenue will be increased by a very similar amount, so no overall benefit, other than increasing the gap between Premiership and the rest, so the only real benificiaries are the administrators who can sell the bigotry to those who don't understand it.

Unfortunately, they probably will. We know that the attendances at Parkhead have been reported around 40K. With Rangers in the league and particularly if there is a real challenge, those weekly attendances are likely to rises by at least 10K per week.

Two things.

1. Email the chairman.

2. Start one of those internet petition things.

Had a look at P&B this morning. Fans of many clubs rightly incensed by Doncaster's statement. What's needed is a response to the statement, which we can email and that can head the petition.

Does anybody want to pen an eloquent response that can lead the campaign?

"Does anybody want to pen an eloquent response that can lead the campaign?"

Dear Mr Doncaster

Your welcome to "Rangers" on thier return to the Scottish Premiership was crass, stupid and therefore wholly in line with your performance to date.

Please resign immediately.

Sincerely

Edited by eljaggo
  • Like 1

Didn't want to start a new H*n-related topic .. but I see today that Walter Smith is on the BBC shooting his mouth off about the blue filth and how hard done to they were - classless to the bitter end and spouting a crock of absolutely pitiful sh*te.

"There was no necessity for Rangers to be put down into the Third Division and I think that's the thing that will always stay in Scottish football. I think there'll be a bitterness in the Rangers ranks that that's happened.There's no doubt it was the wrong move in my eyes. Scottish football has been worse off and a lot of the teams who were happy to see Rangers go down have suffered and found themselves relegated or in the process of being relegated."

Didn't want to start a new H*n-related topic .. but I see today that Walter Smith is on the BBC shooting his mouth off about the blue filth and how hard done to they were - classless to the bitter end and spouting a crock of absolutely pitiful sh*te.

"There was no necessity for Rangers to be put down into the Third Division and I think that's the thing that will always stay in Scottish football. I think there'll be a bitterness in the Rangers ranks that that's happened.There's no doubt it was the wrong move in my eyes. Scottish football has been worse off and a lot of the teams who were happy to see Rangers go down have suffered and found themselves relegated or in the process of being relegated."

Does that mean if the clubs in question had not been happy to see Rangers go down then they wouldn't be facing relegation or have been relegated???? That's weird but in a weird way not uncommon when it comes from anyone associated with that vile institution.

• Like 2

Does that mean if the clubs in question had not been happy to see Rangers go down then they wouldn't be facing relegation or have been relegated???? That's weird but in a weird way not uncommon when it comes from anyone associated with that vile institution.

Bonkers stuff from Sir Walter of Cardigan.

Edited by Charlie Endell

But not the first time for bonkers stuff from him:

https://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/gordon-strachan-delivers-epitaph-for-rangers-walter-smith-misses-the-point/

Of course such twisted arguments come about because deep down these guys know they are in the wrong and straight, honest arguments won't cut it - like you went out of business and a new version of the club had to start at the bottom. No you have to have ludicrous convoluted (and essentially dishonest) arguments so that the facts are obscured as much as possible.

• Like 1