2016-17 Pre Season Thread!

Lindau

Is anybody going to East Kilbride tonight? Will it be all Development squad players or might some of the walking wounded get minutes?

Thistle have just tweeted: "Scott MacKenzie's development squad head to @officialEKFC this evening. Kick off at K-Park is 7:30pm. Admission is £4/£2."

I still quite fancy it, though.

my list of free's this season would be Scully, Wilson, Pogba, Duggan and McDaid and probably a few of the development squad

[/quote

Really can't disagree with these options to me they will never cut it which is unfortunate but regrettably unavoidable and the longer we defer the greater the cost.

my list of free's this season would be Scully, Wilson, Pogba, Duggan and McDaid and probably a few of the development squad

[/quote

Really can't disagree with these options to me they will never cut it which is unfortunate but regrettably unavoidable and the longer we defer the greater the cost.

You are a tad late with that response Metz....lol. Only Duggan reached the list!

What was the score and Info for the EK Game ?

As said 0-4. We played an U20 side minus some of the lads in and around the 1st team squad. If the U20s had been at full strength with the likes of Penrice, McInally and Nisbet the score would've been greatly different. The more experienced McMullen came on later in the game and emphasised just that.

Welcome to Firhill Davie.

I don't think that Scully is fully fit and I'm sure that both he and Davie know the score with regards to pecking order. Does anyone know how long is a short term deal ?

Probably about the same length as the piece of string.

The question is are we finished in the transfer market or do we have money to sign another centre back?

Well after witnessing the central defence last night, it's going to be a serious worry if we head into the league season without another experienced centre back. Was quite surprised to see Devines stature last night. Always thought all the Inverness central defenders were man mountains. Lindsay towers over him and I didn't think either of them were commanding. Agreed it's early days, but it's the one position in which we are lacking. Really think it is essential that we get another centre back in. If we do, the squad is looking good with plenty of depth!

Well after witnessing the central defence last night, it's going to be a serious worry if we head into the league season without another experienced centre back. Was quite surprised to see Devines stature last night. Always thought all the Inverness central defenders were man mountains. Lindsay towers over him and I didn't think either of them were commanding. Agreed it's early days, but it's the one position in which we are lacking. Really think it is essential that we get another centre back in. If we do, the squad is looking good with plenty of depth!

Archie, in the pre match interview on Radio Scotland, said he was looking to bring one more in. Wouldn't say who but does know which position.

Looks to me as if Devine moves the ball far quicker than Frans and I think Lindsay playing on his natural side will not fall far short of Seaborne. If you factor in Gordon's adaptability and better defensive qualities than Dumbuya I feel we'll be just as effective in that area as last season. That said cover for Lindsay is certainly a requirement, ideally whoever that is being decent enough at left back as well.

Not ideal i suppose but we might have to wait till the end of August to bring in a suitable loanee.

Looks to me as if Devine moves the ball far quicker than Frans and I think Lindsay playing on his natural side will not fall far short of Seaborne. If you factor in Gordon's adaptability and better defensive qualities than Dumbuya I feel we'll be just as effective in that area as last season. That said cover for Lindsay is certainly a requirement, ideally whoever that is being decent enough at left back as well.

Not ideal i suppose but we might have to wait till the end of August to bring in a suitable loanee.

I don't think either Lindsay or Devine are as commanding as Frans and/or Seaborne. It's a matter of opinions. It's early days but I can't say I was impressed with the defensive side of our game last night. The Airdrie side looked pretty small to me and we are going to encounter bigger, more powerful teams over the course of the season. We had a very solid defensive unit last season, especially when Cerny was in goals, with what we have at the moment, I just can't see that being repeated this season