2016-17 Pre Season Thread!

Lindau

That is without doubt a major step back....he is rotten and that was proved how bad he was in a really poor Kilmarnock team last season. In one game he was Inverness Caleys best player. If that is the sum total of our ambitions then God help us hopefully it was a wind up....please tell me its a wind up.....absolute Bombscare

That is OTT. Conrad made errors; who doesn't ? He never shirked, and he scored an important bunch of goals for us. I would welcome him back, not necessarily as first choice.

• Like 1

That is without doubt a major step back....he is rotten and that was proved how bad he was in a really poor Kilmarnock team last season. In one game he was Inverness Caleys best player. If that is the sum total of our ambitions then God help us hopefully it was a wind up....please tell me its a wind up.....absolute Bombscare

well over the top Conrad has done well for us and chipped in with a few goal as well, he would make a good squad player and you never know with the right coaching.

i would be interested to know who you think would be better in our price range who hasn't (here is a clue, ALL player make mistakes)made blunders/mistakes before?

Kilmarnock were a poor team last season for sure, but Conrad is not a rotten football player - by no means.

Whether he would be an asset to us a year after leaving us voluntarily, that's for Archie to decide and not us. Archie's been 90% good on his signings so far so if he deems Conrad worth another go, that'll do for me.

After another year of top league experience, he would not be a major step back, though. That statement does not stand up to serious scrutiny.

What a load of utter tripe! Yes he made mistakes, who doesn't, but he was a good servant to the club. I for one would be happy to see him back as a back up central defender

it could be argued that several of our players were then Inverness best players the following week when they trounced us 4-1 as I recall Seabourne Lindsay and Dumbaya all having shockers in defence that game

it could be argued that several of our players were then Inverness best players the following week when they trounced us 4-1 as I recall Seabourne Lindsay and Dumbaya all having shockers in defence that game

Why stop there? The entire team was atrocious that day.

Even Dools' goal had the hint of the playground kick around about it.

Easily our worst performance since we came back up, although I know the Ross County home game from the previous season is also a serious contender.

While I think most were disappointed that Balatoni left, Frans and Seaborne were a bit of a step up. I am pretty sure that he would only be a backup and we all know we need that at the moment. There maybe isn't anyone else within our budget given that we had to spend unplanned money on Gordon and the keeper.

Archie has said a few times that he will only sign players that are better than what we've got and I don't think CB is any better than DD or LL or ZG, maybe we're getting desperate and know he can fill in and do a half decent-ish job. I wouldn't want him back to be honest, he's not good enough IMO.

• Like 1

We must be desperate to accept Balatoni as a back up centre half and too be honest it's not a back up centre half we need it's a centre half that is going to be playing more games than not. Balatoni as previously stated is a bombscare and should be nowhere near the jags stealing a wage regardless of previous history. Amazing how when desperate we accept mediocrity. Definitely better centre halfs out there who are quicker and much better readers of the game.

• Like 1

We must be desperate to accept Balatoni as a back up centre half and too be honest it's not a back up centre half we need it's a centre half that is going to be playing more games than not. Balatoni as previously stated is a bombscare and should be nowhere near the jags stealing a wage regardless of previous history. Amazing how when desperate we accept mediocrity. Definitely better centre halfs out there who are quicker and much better readers of the game.

As I said before, I'll trust Archie on this one.

There are way better centre backs out there for sure, but even we cannot afford Efe Ambrose yet.

Look we couldn't even hold on to Dan and Freddie who are statistically (thanks TJR) the best pairing we've had in aeons.

Now even although his stats were tremendous, it was clear during last season that Archie did not fancy Freddie for some reason. He has a reason for that and, like that rotten start we had last season, I trust him to find a solution.

Lke Chris Erskine, if Archie thinks Conrad still has something to offer our team three years into the top flight, then he has to be backed.

Anyway, there is no confirmation of Archie's supposed interest at this point.

Edited by Barney Rubble

I'm fine with Archie being the judge of that.

Would be in the same mould as his previous desperate signings of years gone past. No issue with him signing ex players if they are decent but most were happy when slippers left and to get him back now smacks of desperation. I truly hope that this is just a joke of a rumour!

Just as bad as those wanting McMillan back, loonballs !

Would be in the same mould as his previous desperate signings of years gone past. No issue with him signing ex players if they are decent but most were happy when slippers left and to get him back now smacks of desperation. I truly hope that this is just a joke of a rumour!

OK - Archie's had a few signings that have not been successes, particularly in his first season.

But can you tell us who his desperate signings were??

OK - Archie's had a few signings that have not been successes, particularly in his first season.

But can you tell us who his desperate signings were??

Mukendi and Eccelstone for starters, i am sure there were a couple more but their names escape me - who was that striker from India last season?

Mukendi and Eccelstone for starters, i am sure there were a couple more but their names escape me - who was that striker from India last season?

Mukendi's wages were paid by his host club (Liverpool?) as I recall - he was a loan, no?

Ecclestone was the second season and he even managed a couple of goals - so how does he qualify as a desperate signing??

Antonio German was the other guy you alluded to. Not a desperate signing last season. Just didn't work out.

Let me give you a clue or two: (remember I am talking about the first season here))

Lee Mair - desperate signing because Gabby wasn't up to it. Very good he was too.

Prince Buaben - cos Ozzy got injured - not bad was he?

We also got Higgy (success), Mark Kerr and John Baird (unfortunately not successful in either case).

Edited by Barney Rubble