Bannigan

Lenziejag

Stuart is a great player. Totally committed to the cause from the day I saw him dominate vs Everton. I knew that day he was going to be a star.

He works for Thistle, takes the ball off the centre backs, runs, takes men on, distributes, encourages, covers incredible ground. Nobody else can play this role and I was concerned about this.

He has the potential to play for his country, hopefully with Thistle and certainly if he moves on.

He is the perfect age to further develop and absolutely command the play as long as he receives the support from his colleagues.

Brilliant news. Let's attack and bring back the lost supporters.

• Like 3

Stuart is a great player. Totally committed to the cause from the day I saw him dominate vs Everton. I knew that day he was going to be a star.

He works for Thistle, takes the ball off the centre backs, runs, takes men on, distributes, encourages, covers incredible ground. Nobody else can play this role and I was concerned about this.

He has the potential to play for his country, hopefully with Thistle and certainly if he moves on.

He is the perfect age to further develop and absolutely command the play as long as he receives the support from his colleagues.

Brilliant news. Let's attack and bring back the lost supporters.

Great to have you on board, Stuart.

Terrific interview there in the ET which sums up why we all love the boy.

Modest, thoughtful, appreciative, loyal, and taking nothing for granted.

I can't remember a time when we had 2 better professionals at the club than Banzo and of course Doolan. There are others of course but these guys for me are real class in every way.

They are the best examples you could ever give to the young players coming through the academy.

We are extremely lucky to have both of them at the club at the same time.

• Like 5

“At least I'm active and doing some running to keep my fitness up, but it’s just twisting and turning that is proving difficult, and obviously that is fundamental in football. Fingers crossed it won’t be too long, but I don’t think it will be in the coming weeks anyway."

Banzo's a good lad and all that, but I'm struggling to get excited about us signing up a player who has a busted knee.

No-one hopes any more than I do that Bannigan's knee issue resolves, and that he comes back into the team as fit and brilliant as he was before.

I don't have a crystal ball, but then neither do the medical staff at Firhill. The fact of the matter is we have just committed to paying wages, for 2 years, to a player who, at this moment in time, is not guaranteed to be able to return to playing at the level he was playing at before.

If that could have been guaranteed, I believe Bannigan would be signed up for someone else right now - but the interest from other clubs seems to have waned. I wonder about that.

As I said, I want this to work out just as much as anybody else. Maybe I'm just being a bit glass-half-empty about it. But we are taking a punt here.

I'm sure the medical staff at Firhill will bow down to your superior medical knowledge Scotty.

Not claiming superior medical knowledge, Ian. But there is a reason for a medical prognosis being called a prognosis, rather than being called "the future".

'Mon the Jags.

Not claiming superior medical knowledge, Ian. But there is a reason for a medical prognosis being called a prognosis, rather than being called "the future".

'Mon the Jags.

Did Stuart go for a medical test at any other club?

I'm thinking our guys are probably more informed about his state of current fitness and recovery chances. And that's maybe not just about the physical/medical technicalities, the guy has grown up with us and individual character has a lot to do with recovery chances.

He was most closely linked to a move down south. Even if he was fully fit, the prospective club probably looked on him as a bit of a speculative signing, - decent oop north & worth a punt.

Any doubt over his fitness is less of a gamble for us to commit to.

I take your point, the injury is a concern of course.

But given what we know of Stuart, and the interest from elsewhere prior to injury, I'd argue handing him a 2 year deal is more of a decent, educated, speculative business investment than mere punt.

On balance, the potential rewards outweigh the potential losses.

That's quite exciting.... intit ?

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Every signing is a risk Scotty. You could pay £100m for Gareth Bale and he could get knocked down by a bus the next day.

You sign a player based on what he's already done in his career to date. Bannigan is currently injured, we all know that. But if the medical advice had said he would never recover then I'm sure we wouldn't have signed him.

If you are saying that it isn't worth the risk then I suspect you'll be very lonely on that side of the fence.