Airdrie 15/07/2016....first Competitive Game Of Season.

Lindau

Should be plenty of intrigue over the team selection for this one. Who will be in goal, will Ziggy get his debut, will Syme be part of the central defence, will Ade get a spot up front and loads, loads other team questions to be answered.

Was over on the Airdrie bit on P&B and got this interesting snippet from a Q&A the supporters had with management on Monday

"he also said that home games will be one stand open only no matter the opposition as purely a financial thing, costs around £8000 for one stand and £20,000 for all four stands open"

Not sure if the Section B still exist, but it could be interesting nevertheless!!

Edited by Lindau

Well I'm going so just need nine more.

Nope, make that eight to go.

Reckon if we played like we did in the first half at Morton we'll get a positive result. Problem being at the moment two of that side are ineligible. I'm guessing that Gordon will be fit but not quite match fit so it could be he doesn't feature or start. Plastic pitch often negates superiority to some extent but we should be too strong for them.

Would imagine we'll go something along the lines of Cullen (assuming of course that Cerny & Scully are still out), Syme, Devine, Lindsay, Penrice/Booth (no idea how fit Booth is), Welsh, Osman, Lawless, Erskine, Amoo, Doolan. Can't imagine Gordon is fit enough to start yet, but I expect he'll make his debut at some point, hopefully with about half an hour to go as we cruise to a win. I really like the look of that forward 4, and to think that we've got Edwards, Azeez, Fraser, Pogba, Elliott, McDaid and Nisbet who can all step in, it's a great wee unit.

We really should be beating Airdrie without too much difficulty. Obviously taking nothing for granted, they'll be up for it and have a couple of decent players, but last I saw they've got a pretty bare squad overall and I'm not sure their manager is back from his illness yet so could well be one of the coaches in charge for this one, as they'd been doing not too long ago I think.

3-0 Thistle.

Would imagine we'll go something along the lines of Cullen (assuming of course that Cerny & Scully are still out), Syme, Devine, Lindsay, Penrice/Booth (no idea how fit Booth is), Welsh, Osman, Lawless, Erskine, Amoo, Doolan. Can't imagine Gordon is fit enough to start yet, but I expect he'll make his debut at some point, hopefully with about half an hour to go as we cruise to a win.

Ziggy Gordon says he's fit to play in a video on the official site, and so does Callum Booth.

Ziggy Gordon says he's fit to play in a video on the official site, and so does Callum Booth.

:censor: What an absolute abomination of a post! Fit to play in a video? Booth says Osman is fit to play?

How about...

In a video on the official site, Ziggy Gordon says he's fit to play. Callum Booth has said, he too is fit to play.

He isn't even mentioned in the preview by Archie, goodness knows!

Could well be he's fit but just not included in tonight's squad but more likely he's got a knock (didn't feature v Morton). Whether by design or unavoidable I guess there's still an element of pre-season about tonight's game. Our best players might not necessarily be our match fittest, if that makes any sense.

Partick Thistle: Crawford, Booth, Welsh, Lindsay, Doolan, Erskine, Lawless, Devine, Wilson, McDaid, Gordon.

Substitutes: Cullen, Azeez, Edwards, Syme, Nisbet, Penrice, Pogba.

Airdrieonians: Ferguson, Stewart, McIntosh, Gorman, MacDonald, Conroy, Brown, Fitzpatrick, Ryan, McLaughlin, Russell.

Substitutes: Kerr, Faria, Daly, Schmidt, Higgins, Truesdale, Cairns.

Follow live text updates on ptfc.co.uk at: http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2016-2017/fixtures_results/1507_airdrieonians/live

I got an email from Bowen boy the top of my choice from our draw is from tonight's game my choice Dools so very happy to get

A top from the great man hope they dry it first seemingly a wet night for the game great to get our first win onwards and upwards