BowenBoys

Pretty pointless. 150 I would understand. But what does 140 really signify? It's 141 next year! Another dance? A rip off!

I think you could've phrased that a bit better, GRE. What's pointless about folk wanting to mark the birth of our Club? Without wanting to sound morbid it stands to reason many a long time Jags fans may not be able to celebrate the 150th the way they'd want to, if at all.

Anyway as lenzie says it's hardly a rip off. If I've any criticism to make it would be about the shortness of lead time but that's another matter.

I certainly won't be going be going. Not like the mugs who are being fleeced for a hollow non existent anniversary. Very sad!

Do you celebrate birthdays or wedding anniversaries ? If you do, I am sure you don't just do it every 5,10,25 or 50 years. The word anniversary refers to marking something each year.

I may be wrong, as i don't usually attend these sort of events, but I'm pretty sure the Club don't come round your door, lasso you then drag you screaming all the way to Firhill.

Coming to think of it I did, along with a few hundred others, attend the 40th anniversary of our League Cup win. Obviously the Club couldn't wait another ten years to fleece us. Rapacious ********! :angry:

Just checked and the event is being held on Oct 28th. That's exactly 10 years to the day since we beat Dundee 3-1 and Alex Rae got sent off celebrating his goal. Now if that's not worth commemorating I don't know what is. Non event indeed! Hey, even an Alex Rae will be there on the night.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/64191

btw Along with Griffiths injuring himself kicking the advertising hoarding Rae's red card was one of the funniest things I've seen at Firhill in recent years.

• Like 1

Just checked and the event is being held on Oct 28th. That's exactly 10 years to the day since we beat Dundee 3-1 and Alex Rae got sent off celebrating his goal. Now if that's not worth commemorating I don't know what is. Non event indeed! Hey, even an Alex Rae will be there on the night.

http://www.transferm...elbericht/64191

btw Along with Griffiths injuring himself kicking the advertising hoarding Rae's red card was one of the funniest things I've seen at Firhill in recent years.

The sending office was just the first part of the fun. I am struggling to remember the exact sequence of events and perhaps someone else can help me. As I recall it, having been sent off as a player, Rae tried to take his place in the technical area as manager, but was told by the referee to remove himself. He then continued to attempt to coach the team from a vantage point somewhere behind the dug out but the referee spotted him and as the referee came towards him, possibly intending to administer further punishment, Rae vaulted over a wall and disappeared from sight.

Edited by partickthedog

The sending office was just the first part of the fun. I am struggling to remember the exact sequence of events and perhaps someone else can help me. As I recall it, having been sent off as a player, Rae tried to take his place in the technical area as manager, but was told by the referee to remove himself. He then continued to attempt to coach the team from a vantage point somewhere behind the dug out but the referee spotted him and as the referee came towards him, possibly intending to administer further punishment, Rae vaulted over a wall and disappeared from sight.

I seem to mind something like that. Certainly highly amusing antics.

And of course there was the corresponding game at Firhill six months later. You have to give Rae credit in that match. Despite an almost constant tirade of abuse the great player/manager coped admirably for the full ninety minutes. What restraint he showed holding out till injury time before he got his marching orders.

:D

Interesting self-appointment as the arbiter of what is deemed an event or not.

Are you going to the match today? A hell of a lot of people would probably consider that as a "non event." Do you only part with money for "events"?

"Lol."

Unfortunately not able to attend. Recuperating from a stay in hospital.