Partick Thistle Vs Kilmarnock Fc 17 September

jagfox

It's good to see us show some fight in a game, but by the sounds of it it's been slack defending from the back four again today and Scully seems if anything to have bailed them out more than once.

I have to confess I'm perplexed that Barton still hasn't been given any game time. If we are paying a fee for a player, handing him a three year contract and not even trying the lad out for half an hour against a team like Kilmarnock I expect us to be winning games and their competition to be giving MOTM performances.

At this same point last year we were bottom of the table with 3 points and 2 points behind 2nd bottom (and 4 points behind the next two teams.

Let's get behind the team and stop the sniping about Scully, Lindsay or whoever. We've got Barton, Elliot and hopefully Fraser back in the frame soon.

This team can climb the table, it's just a matter of time.

• Like 1

It's good to see us show some fight in a game, but by the sounds of it it's been slack defending from the back four again today and Scully seems if anything to have bailed them out more than once.

I have to confess I'm perplexed that Barton still hasn't been given any game time. If we are paying a fee for a player, handing him a three year contract and not even trying the lad out for half an hour against a team like Kilmarnock I expect us to be winning games and their competition to be giving MOTM performances.

I agree . I'm at to loss to understand why Barton hasn't been played to date. I believe that apart from Celtic we were the only team to pay a fee for a player. If he is so well thought of to be given a 3 yr contract, why ain't he playing?

I think Barton only played a couple of times this season prior to coming to us and by some accounts wasn't really up to speed in the Developement team in midweek.. Maybe Archie isn't quite sure whether to use him in midfield or wait until an injury/suspension to Lindsay or Devine as he isn't an out and out defender

On the plus side - a draw today is an ok result.

Edited by Lenziejag