Ross County 22/10/16

Auld Jag

Sadly the same old story. Thought today as it was nearing the end that we surely couldn't possibly repeat it again, yet we did. An enormous boot in the chuckies again. Sounds like the motherwell game all over. Lose the equiliser then nearly lose it altogether. Perhaps the Lindsay injury didn't help but we need to bury teams when we are ahead.

Let's get some facts straight. We played well today and would probably have won if big Liam hadn't got injured. As I have constantly said if the defence is solid, we only need to score one goal. Defence was rock solid today and Barton was excellent in central defence. Game changed when Gordon came on. What on earth he was doing at the goal is beyond me. Backed off and backed off, almost encouraging Burke to have a dig. Don't know how many goals he has cost us this season. Keep Christie at right back. My constant moaning about having no central defensive cover came back to bite us today. Ziggy Gordon is not central defensive cover....beginning to wonder if he is even right back cover. After Liam's injury it looks like Barts wil need to become the main central defender. Like quite a few other Firhill games this season, that was a right boot in the Georgie Dawes and it could have been worse except for a great Ryan Scully save at the death.

Sadly the same old story. Thought today as it was nearing the end that we surely couldn't possibly repeat it again, yet we did. An enormous boot in the chuckies again. Sounds like the motherwell game all over. Lose the equiliser then nearly lose it altogether. Perhaps the Lindsay injury didn't help but we need to bury teams when we are ahead.

Agree, but where did we create a serious opening today?

As for Lindsay, hope it is not serious (obviously), but hopefully it will get the message through to Archie that we have no effective back up in that area.

Let's get some facts straight. We played well today and would probably have won if big Liam hadn't got injured. As I have constantly said if the defence is solid, we only need to score one goal. Defence was rock solid today and Barton was excellent in central defence. Game changed when Gordon came on. What on earth he was doing at the goal is beyond me. Backed off and backed off, almost encouraging Burke to have a dig. Don't know how many goals he has cost us this season. Keep Christie at right back. My constant moaning about having no central defensive cover came back to bite us today. Ziggy Gordon is not central defensive cover....beginning to wonder if he is even right back cover. After Liam's injury it looks like Barts wil need to become the main central defender. Like quite a few other Firhill games this season, that was a right boot in the Georgie Dawes and it could have been worse except for a great Ryan Scully save at the death.

Sorry we did not play well today

It was a poor game of football

How many chances did we create ? How many saves did fox make ?

No creativity

I'd be very worried

Look, I agree with you Lindau, but did we win the game?

Whether or not we would have won with Liam on the park is debatable, and not a fact. It's your opinion. And we will never know one way or the other.

The fact is we didn't win the game. And that's a sore one to take, but frankly we did nothing.......NOTHING...........to warrant us winning the game today. And having been handed the advantage we f*cked up again.

And they were due a penalty in the second half that was the exact same as ours, don't forget.

Played well for much of it but we were completely toothless with taking our chances and our delivery. Welsh's set pieces were rotten, Elliott and Booth got forward but didn't do anything with their deliveries.

Thought Barton did a good job at centre half and distributes it well. Same old at the end though. We got deeper and deeper. Welsh lost a 50/50 deep in our own half and Burke didn't need to progress far to score. Was thinking as well that he looked a threat when he came on and thats the type of quality they can afford with McGregor throwing cash at folk to come and play in the middle of nowhere.

Doolan has done nothing all season either. He won the penalty I guess, but whilst it was a foul in the box, didn't seem like he was going to rush on and score otherwise. Azeez I thought was quiet in the second half too.

Huge game on Wednesday.

Sorry we did not play well today

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. The injury changed the whole game. We badly need a victory, so I can understand why the manager wanted to keep it tight at the end. They equalised 6 minutes into injury time due to shocking defending from a defender that should know better. Other than the one at the end, how many saves did Scully have to make?

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. The injury changed the whole game. We badly need a victory, so I can understand why the manager wanted to keep it tight at the end. They equalised 6 minutes into injury time due to shocking defending from a defender that should know better. Other than the one at the end, how many saves did Scully have to make?

With every respect to you Lindau, the injury did not change the game.

That goal was coming anyway.

We do not know how to win anymore - we need to be two goals up minimum these days.

The set up today was good with the defence looking very solid, though it probably didn't help us as much offensively. The manager obviously knows we need to stop shipping silly goals, sadly this doesn't appear to be lodging in Ziggy Gordon's head. It will be Archies best achievement to date if he keeps us up this season, especially with the strikers not scoring as well. Azeez worked hard today, but Kris Doolan is toiling badly. Erskine was badly missed today and we can only hope both he and Liam are back soon, though Liam looked out for the count when he went off which if he was concussed means he will miss the upcoming games which is a massive blow!

• Like 1

With every respect to you Lindau, the injury did not change the game.

That goal was coming anyway

You must have been watching a different game from me then. We never looked in any trouble until Liam went off. Anyway, not getting involved in all this again, better things to do tonight.

We played well today, but with both of our creative players out injured then it was always going to b difficult. Think you have to credit Archie with changing the formation and if we r honest the goal we lost today came from a bit of quality from a player of quality

Well said Vinnie. The fact that Erskine and Lawless were out today along with the fact that around another three definite first team starters are long term injuries means nothing to some people. One silly error by a defender backing off cost us big time today, other than that I for one was happy with the performance. Anyway I am away for a much needed drink!

Same pish, different week! Archie needs to sort this out asap and i hope he has some defensive options lined up for the winter transfer window. Why we keep dropping back and defending every game in the final 20 minutes when it is proven time and time again we cannot hold piss i will never know! Why did Doolan go off when Azeez is totally baws. Big wow the guy can run but he cannot ******* score a goal if his life depended on it. Some may say Doolan was off the boil but he can still score a goal.

• Like 1

You must have been watching a different game from me then. We never looked in any trouble until Liam went off. Anyway, not getting involved in all this again, better things to do tonight.

I watched exactly the same game as you man.

It would be good if you actually tried to debate a point that you may disagree with rather than deflect it with your petty remarks.

But we know from experience that isn't your style....................

Edited by Barney Rubble

It's no use having pretty passing and loads of possesion in the middle of the park when the final product is completley inefectual .

Our final ball and delivery is nothing short of pathetic. We repeat and repeat the same move and deliver the same ball in time and time again . When we hit a ball low and hard in it NEVER EVER gets past their first man. Our corners and free kicks , OH MY FECKIN JESUS , they are woeful, Welshy, ffs stop takin them .

We never looked like scoring , it was a stupid tackle from the defender to give us a penalty. Doolan now plays nearly an entire game with his back to goal, a waste of a goalscorer.

Gordon was transfixed at the equaliser, I was screaming at him to close the guy down , don;t know what he was thinking. Up until Lindsay went off the defence had looked a lot more composed with Barton bringing some order to things at last but it was against on of the worst sides we/ll face this season and its a huge worry we conceeded against a low scoring county side at home.

There is a total lack of self belief in that side and leadership on the park .

I reckon we need three players in January to have a chance of survival.

....and the ref.....a total baloon

Credit to the manager for realising the blindingly obvious and changing from 4231. Credit for dropping Gordon who has done nothing and is another failed signing.

Totally agree with Lindau - lack of defensive cover cost us today. Gordon can't defend - but unfortunately he was the only one that could have come on and fitted into our formation. Or maybe the formation should have changed and then we wouldn't have needed to bring on Gordon.

In any case, the players seem to have real issues when teams start pressing us.

Time to bring back in that psychologist that we had before.

Edited by Big Col

Clearly we have developed a bad habit of losing late goals. It should be kept in perspective though that we have drawn these games and not lost them. We badly need a win to break this run and get confidence into the squad. We looked solid today until Lindsay went off but must agree offensively we are struggling badly, mainly because Doolan is out of form and our final pass is very poor with the wrong option almost exclusively taken. Our set pieces are a disgrace and need to be worked on badly, to persevere week in week out during each match with the same corner kick taker that delivers no quality is just lazy, change them rather than hope for luck.

The new formation in the main worked and at least we seem to have options, the same problems persist though we need a goal threat and some defensive cover.

A break in the injury front would help as we had almost half a team of first picks out today.

A disappointing day - I'm not sure that we will see a poorer performance from the opposition at Firhill this season...County didn't looked like scoring until they did...apart from 1 shot against the post, Scully was a spectator for the first 90 minutes yet he had to make a good stop to save a point.

The change of formation worked well and suited the players available. Although we controlled the game, we didn't really create too many chances...about 7 shots from distance all over the bar. Just about every player made decent contributions but fell a bit short...Elliot & Booth made good runs but couldn't cross an incisive ball...Barton looked like Scott Paterson on the ball but needed a great challenge from Devine to save him from selling a goal...Welsh hit some good passes & dreadful corners. Doolan had a poor game though but we don't have other striking options.The three at the back looked quite good and allowed the full backs to play much further forward...if Lindsay is out for a spell, again there are no options. Gordon is not the answer.

Just like last week, our midfield fell out of the game late on and our defence resorted to booting it anywhere rather than finding a team-mate. It has been a recurring theme for the fourth season that we fail to put away poor teams on bad runs of form...this is why we have always hovered around the relegation zone. Five of our best players are out injured but we still looked the better team - we keep missing chances to be in the top half of the League.

Was the trip on Azeez when clean through not an absolutely blatant red-card? Surely the Ref didn't deem that it wasn't a clear goal-scoring opportunity just because it was Big Ade?

• Like 1

Credit to archie for changing the defence and by all accounts i was wrong about barton at centre half. Called it during the week to play 532 or 352 whatever you want to call it. Could osman or welsh have been sacrificed for a more creative player though? Losing erskine was a blow and could have been the difference. Agree with the rest of the team selection though. The late goals are painful. If this a purple patch like metz said, i wonder what it would be like if we were to actually win something